Ninebot Z10~still worth to buy in 2024?

13 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Artur, you're quoting yourself within my own text so I can't respond to your specific text :)

Was Peter the guy 'Gasmantle' on this forum? I deffo remember you being in a group of 3 and I'm sure Peter was on the forum. Steve is still riding AFAIK, Sherman S I believe. I know what you mean, take out the common ground and sometimes friendships just fizzle out, not from anything bad happening, it's just the way it is.

Gasmantle !!!

I remember now!!!

You see…

lol 😅😅😅

Short memory !!!

Yes, it was three musketeers 😅😅😅

And that’s sad true, I did ruin the partnership for sure…

Maybe it can be rebuild back gain …

I hope. 

14 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I think the only thing I would research is where these Z10's are coming from. When were they last produced by Ninebot? Are they still making them? I'm honestly not sure. But I would be worried about getting one DOA because as you may know they can phantom drain real low and although (I think) the packs do have a self cut-off to prevent cell damage, you would need to make an adaptor to charge the packs directly as it won't work through the regular charge port.

Coincidentally I went through YouTube review, where guy was fixing what you’ve just mentioned my friend.

I wasn’t aware of this issue might happen, but fixing it looks straight forward though…?

Anyway, I doubt out there other wheels are free from flaws, am I wrong?

Wherever you look you’ll find some minor issue?

So I’m not fear much getting new Z10 at this point, but I will make sure it comes from reputable seller I can trust…

Mine Z10 was from Speedy Wheel UK ?

As my memory is playing games with me, I am not sure if I remember the Shop name correctly, lol 😅

If he’s still dealing with sales, I’m sure I’ll get in touch when I’m ready…

BTW ~ you couldn’t reply to my post because I’ve messed it up, not knowing how to quote your post sooooooo……

So forgive me 😅😅😅

3 minutes ago, PogArtTi said:

Coincidentally I went through YouTube review, where guy was fixing what you’ve just mentioned my friend.

Yeah there was a few videos going around at the time, one of them was from 'MadPack' who made out it was him who 'solved the problem' when actually it had been done several times before by others  lol. But yeah, it's not a big deal, just need to make a little adaptor up with an XT60 plug. Can use the stock charger too.

But tbh, if it were me I'd much rather get a wheel that doesn't need this doing if I could, just to be happy that the cells haven't gone too low.

As my memory is playing games with me, I am not sure if I remember the Shop name correctly, lol 😅

Speedyfeet. But I'm very sure they won't be selling Z10's now. Mine came from China via Ali. I got lucky, it still had about 50% charge when it got to me. I presume it had lost a chunk of charge on the 6 week journey!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Yeah there was a few videos going around at the time, one of them was from 'MadPack' who made out it was him who 'solved the problem' when actually it had been done several times before by others  lol. But yeah, it's not a big deal, just need to make a little adaptor up with an XT60 plug. Can use the stock charger too.

But tbh, if it were me I'd much rather get a wheel that doesn't need this doing if I could, just to be happy that the cells haven't gone too low.

Speedyfeet. But I'm very sure they won't be selling Z10's now. Mine came from China via Ali. I got lucky, it still had about 50% charge when it got to me. I presume it had lost a chunk of charge on the 6 week journey!

Yeah…

Speedyfeet 👍👍👍

Thanks 😉

Don’t get me wrong, I know I’m continuously coming back to Z10 in my posts, but it’s not that I’m looking to buy it again…

It is my start point, a familiar ground and where the experience comes from…

The design, appearance, feel of it etc, and the price of Z10 is making a good starting point for me…

It is a wheel I know, and I can easily compare to any other wheel that I will be adviced…

So it doesn’t need to be Z10 again, but unfortunately I’m keep coming back to it, as I have no other experience 😉👍

I wish to spend as much as Z10 costs now, so if I don’t like any other wheel, then I won’t end up with nothing in mind, but I will buy the Z10 then (again) 😅

All those YouTube tutorials…

I know you mean…

Subject repeated many times it seems, but every next YouTuber is making it up, like it was him 😅

Yeah…

Speedyfeet 👍👍👍

Thanks 😉

Don’t get me wrong, I know I’m continuously coming back to Z10 in my posts, but it’s not that I’m looking to buy it again…

It is my start point, a familiar ground and where the experience comes from…

The design, appearance, feel of it etc, and the price of Z10 is making a good starting point for me…

It is a wheel I know, and I can easily compare to any other wheel that I will be adviced…

So it doesn’t need to be Z10 again, but unfortunately I’m keep coming back to it, as I have no other experience 😉👍

I wish to spend as much as Z10 costs now, so if I don’t like any other wheel, then I won’t end up with nothing in mind, but I will buy the Z10 then (again) 😅

All those YouTube tutorials…

I know you mean…

Subject repeated many times it seems, but every next YouTuber is making it up, like it was him 😅

King Song 16X

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I was gonna say the 16X is worth a look...didn't you ride Steves one Artur? Or maybe you had sold your Z10 by then..

At that time Steve has been riding this big heavy wheel, I don’t remember the name, but it was starting something like Moto…

or else, lol… 

Really I’m crap with remembering names 😅

It was some new wheel on the market for sure, and Steve was testing it, even when out to Blackpool…

He mentioned a guy from Blackpool and testing that wheel there…

I bet it was Inmotion new model, upgraded, fast but small slim form factor…

I just have had a look on the KS 16S, but it’s rather not the wheel fit my likeness.

The speed is around 22mph…

I got used to go faster than this, so if I get slower wheel, I most probably regret I bought it…

But it’s good to gather the knowledge now, so I can have more clues what I like what I’m not 👍👍👍

2 minutes ago, PogArtTi said:

Will have a look for sure.

Have you had ridden it yourself, can you share pros/cons please?

Thanks !

ok, I own one myself - so my opinion is perhaps a bit "coloured",
but on the other hand: It is a solid wheel, good long range
(80 km and you still have 20% left) acceptable top speed
(not 50 kmph as advertised, but around 45 - 48 )
It's probably the closest you'll get to the Z10 in terms of
tire width; 3" - easy to change tires on. You can get a good seat,
the wheel is not too big to be fast, and not too small to keep up,
totally nimble, good pedals, good light (someone always wants more,
but then you take a proper flashlight with you instead..)
Good speakers even with a subwoofer - I only use it as a "bell... ahooga",
but some people want to noise pollute their surroundings with vocoder rapping
while they ride...:P
The only downside I can think of is the following; for some reason this wheel
can easily start a wobble (at high speed) - this typically happens when braking
hard when riding fast downhill. I've learned to deal with it, but it cost me a
crash first.

my wheel in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovYADsNWx8

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PogArtTi said:

At that time Steve has been riding this big heavy wheel, I don’t remember the name, but it was starting something like Moto…

Pretty sure Steve went in order of...

Kingsong KS16S, Gotway MSX, Ninebot Z10, Gotway Nikola, Kingsong KS16X, Gotway Mten3, Inmotion V11, Veteran Sherman, Veteran Patton, Veteran Sherman S. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Robse said:

ok, I own one myself - so my opinion is perhaps a bit "coloured",
but on the other hand: It is a solid wheel, good long range
(80 km and you still have 20% left) acceptable top speed
(not 50 kmph as advertised, but around 45 - 48 )
It's probably the closest you'll get to the Z10 in terms of
tire width; 3" - easy to change tires on. You can get a good seat,
the wheel is not too big to be fast, and not too small to keep up,
totally nimble, good pedals, good light (someone always wants more,
but then you take a proper flashlight with you instead..)
Good speakers even with a subwoofer - I only use it as a "bell... ahooga",
but some people want to noise pollute their surroundings with vocoder rapping
while they ride...:P
The only downside I can think of is the following; for some reason this wheel
can easily start a wobble (at high speed) - this typically happens when braking
hard when riding fast downhill. I've learned to deal with it, but it cost me a
crash first.

my wheel in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovYADsNWx8

I did enjoy your video my friend, I’m appreciate for your review too, there’s nothing better than to hear the owner’s review, who’s riding it on daily basis …

I’ve found the Speedy Feet review too, and all together is making it an interesting wheel to be honest.

I’m starting liking it so far, especially sort of fat tire, but not overkiller at same time, the range it can cover, sporty ride…

Well…

It will be an interesting wheel to keep in mind for sure.

I wasn’t this much impressed looking at KS16S though.

I haven’t compare the specs yet, but I’m fancy KS16X more …

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Pretty sure Steve went in order of...

Kingsong KS16S, Gotway MSX, Ninebot Z10, Gotway Nikola, Kingsong KS16X, Gotway Mten3, Inmotion V11, Veteran Sherman, Veteran Patton, Veteran Sherman S. 

lol…

Am I going the same history path again?

Is it Steve to introduce me to my next wheel again?

lol, lol , lol 😅😅😅

Steve has a GREAT experience !!!

I bet I must remember his big wheel’s name wrong, I think it was GotWay for sure.

It wasn’t Nikola, so I guess it was MSX 👍

Thank you…

Another reason that the Z10 is still worth it is that the wheel gives an audible warning when an obstacle or bump or send is over the limit that could result in a cut out. So like, if I'm riding with battery below 50% and hit a bump really hard then the wheel makes the alarm. I don't know if this happens with other wheels, but I've never heard it mentioned.

11 minutes ago, woke rider said:

Another reason that the Z10 is still worth it is that the wheel gives an audible warning when an obstacle or bump or send is over the limit that could result in a cut out. So like, if I'm riding with battery below 50% and hit a bump really hard then the wheel makes the alarm. I don't know if this happens with other wheels, but I've never heard it mentioned.

I have no experience riding other wheels either, but it's good feature to have for sure.

I just have checked - the GotWay Monster V3 (100V) is in stock at Speedy Feet...

It's tempting, as I think I like to have something that was impressive years ago and even today.

I've emailed Speedy Feet already, let see how things goes.

Thank you my friend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woke rider said:

Isn't that just a PWM alarm like most wheels have now? Not sure I ever heard it on my own Z but then I never pushed it very hard. I did get the top speed warnings a few times though, and they were also voltage based which was great back then given few few wheels had it.

1 hour ago, PogArtTi said:

I just have checked - the GotWay Monster V3 (100V) is in stock at Speedy Feet...

Oooh thats a big wheel! Now you mention it, Ian released a video recently where he had 3 wheels which were on special offer, can't remember what they were, could have been Extreme Bull Commanders (prior to the Pro version). But they were super cheap for what were brand new wheels. He was selling them privately ie via himself rather than Speedyfeet which is why I assume they could be so cheap. Maybe worth having a word with him, they may have all gone now.

33 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Isn't that just a PWM alarm like most wheels have now? Not sure I ever heard it on my own Z but then I never pushed it very hard. I did get the top speed warnings a few times though, and they were also voltage based which was great back then given few few wheels had it.

Oooh thats a big wheel! Now you mention it, Ian released a video recently where he had 3 wheels which were on special offer, can't remember what they were, could have been Extreme Bull Commanders (prior to the Pro version). But they were super cheap for what were brand new wheels. He was selling them privately ie via himself rather than Speedyfeet which is why I assume they could be so cheap. Maybe worth having a word with him, they may have all gone now.

Ian had helped me to get Z10, so seeing Monster on his website made me write an email.

Probably I wouldn't wrote it, but I saw Klarna finances as an alternative option.

So if Klarna accept me to finalise purchase, I'll be more than happy to get one of these WAAAAY SOONER than I ever thought!

Let see how it goes my friend 😉👍...

• Like 1

In 2018, the z10 was a good car, and it was the EUC with the fewest bugs I've ever used. But it's been six years.

在 2018 年,z10 是一个很好的 EUC,这是我用过的错误最少的 EUC。但六年过去了,即使是现在,在电子控制方面,它也是越野车最少、最安全的电动独轮车。

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Augety said:

In 2018, the z10 was a good car, and it was the EUC with the fewest bugs I've ever used. But it's been six years.

在 2018 年,z10 是一个很好的 EUC,这是我用过的错误最少的 EUC。但六年过去了,即使是现在,在电子控制方面,它也是越野车最少、最安全的电动独轮车。

Exactly...

Some member just mentioned the battery life could be affected after this lo g period of timeit was stored ...

Thanks.

On 4/19/2024 at 3:00 PM, PogArtTi said:

Do you ride Z10 then?

Occasionally, when I'm in the mood, or my S22P or MCM5 are undergoing maintenance.

>>Still, it's fun to ride the Z10 on known, smooth surfaces for the occasional trip down memory lane and to flirt with female fat-tire e-bikes

That's my current use case.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, litewave said:

Occasionally, when I'm in the mood, or my S22P or MCM5 are undergoing maintenance.

>>Still, it's fun to ride the Z10 on known, smooth surfaces for the occasional trip down memory lane and to flirt with female fat-tire e-bikes

That's my current use case.

I think this is exactly what made me feel for Z10 years ago…

An easy of ride, nimble to use, agile too…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PogArtTi said:

I’ve purchased my first 😅 wheel after about 5 years of riding EUC absence 😉👍

GotWay Monster V3 100V

Awesome! Good stuff, it's a sound wheel for sure, and will give you plenty of safety headroom for the sort of lowish speeds I know you are looking to ask from it.

Just remember that it will be a fair bit more cumbersome at low low speeds compared to the Z!

But you will certainly relish the beautiful neutral handling on any surface at anything above 10mph. This was the jaw-dropping difference I noticed when going from my Z to the MSX - the smoothness and the wheel not wanting to fight you was an utter revelation :)

Tagging @stephen in case he hasn't seen the thread and fancies a back-to-the-fold ride buddy!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Awesome! Good stuff, it's a sound wheel for sure, and will give you plenty of safety headroom for the sort of lowish speeds I know you are looking to ask from it.

Just remember that it will be a fair bit more cumbersome at low low speeds compared to the Z!

But you will certainly relish the beautiful neutral handling on any surface at anything above 10mph. This was the jaw-dropping difference I noticed when going from my Z to the MSX - the smoothness and the wheel not wanting to fight you was an utter revelation :)

Tagging @stephen in case he hasn't seen the thread and fancies a back-to-the-fold ride buddy!

Owwww ~ thanks for keen comment and gathering Steven’s attention to my *come back to the EUC family 😅.

I’ve tried to find Steven and Gasmantle, but I messed up something .., it was showing no results?

I was hoping.., you may mention about me at some point, so they’ll know I’m back ❤️

I’ve never have tried on Steven’s big wheel, because the look of it was overwhelming me, as it was my big step to move from beginner’s wheel (I’ve forgot the name of this small white wheel… Inmotion?).

Z10 was obvious choice ~ riding it with easy has made me like home …

Where the greater speed and weight of Steven’s MSX was discouraging me a lot.

I remember he did ask me if I’d like to try, I refused ~ I just didn’t want taking a risk of scratching his wheel in case of dropping it…

I think Z10 was a wise choice back then, but later I was questioning myself whether it really was…

It became a well known wheel very soon, it was making me a bit nervous while riding it, because the fat tyre was taking me off the track catching up on random edges 😅

At about half battery % it was reducing the top speed too…

Making my commuting home a bit unpleasant sometime.

So at some point I started regretting the purchase if you know I mean.

But it was only minor flaws I wasn’t 100% happy with.

It was a perfect wheel for step up for sure, and it has provided a lot of experience, fun and best commuter companion ever 👍

This is why I was keen to buy it again!

Knowing it pros/cons was making buying it again no brainer 😅

Before me another step up my friend.

Thank you for kind encouragement.

You know the difference in riding very well already, it’s all before me…

I bet it will take me some time to feel comfortable riding it, but there’s no rush, isn’t it 😉

I’ll start gently, around the house, to get feeling of it just right, and from that point I’ll move on wisely.

The confidence will come in time…

Thank you for looking after me Planemo.

Edited by PogArtTi