KS 14 Instructions needed

US69

Hy there!

can somebody explain how to Set The frontlight sensitivity Up on The Ks14???

or how i can Set it on or Off while driving without Use of The light Sensor?

i want to Decide myself if light is on or off...

thanx

46 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Hy there!

can somebody explain how to Set The frontlight sensitivity Up on The Ks14???

or how i can Set it on or Off while driving without Use of The light Sensor?

i want to Decide myself if light is on or off...

thanx

Unless there is a pot on the board I'm unaware of, there is no way to keep the light turned off, or adjust it. It will light when the light sensor sees it is dark enough. The manual light touch switch will allow you to turn it on at any time ( for that journey) but it will not let you manually turn it off.

Unless someone knows the workings of the board in greater detail the only thing I can think of is that the detector is a Light Dependent Resistor (LDR), it's resistance lowers the brighter the light is. If you measure the resistance across its two legs in bright conditions and stick a similar value resistor across its two legs the circuit board would decide it is permanently too bright to light the lights. The soft light switch would then act as an on off switch manually.

The brake light will, of course, always work.

This Video i Know also...

as you can See there ...you can adjust The light sensivity....

but i would have prefered a written advice...because it's hard to reproduce like in The Video...

but thanxs for your answers!!!

Hey @KingSong69

Here what I got.....not wheel, but at least instructions ;):D..hope they will help

Bluetooth music:

Activate the bluetooth module by keeping the bluetooth touch button pressed for about as second. The bluetooth on/off indicator will light up blue, indicating the bluetooth is activated. When the blue bluetooth light indicator is on shortly press the bluetooth touch button again, you will now hear a voice say "Power on".

Turn on the bluetooth on your mobile device and search/scan for 'King Song' to maken an connection to the wheel. In case you need to enter a code, try 1234 or 0000. When successfully connected you can play any audio/music from your mobile device through the speakers on the wheel. You control the output volume with your mobile device.

Light-sense:

When powering on the wheel, it automatically enters auto-light mode. The wheel will sense when darkness falls and turns the front light on/off automatically (might flash when wheeling by lanterns). The backlight is by default always on. To force the light off: turn on the wheel, turn on the bluetooth module by a second long press (making the blue indicator light up) then shortly press the light icon.

There is also a mode to turn the light on when the wheel is off. Turn your wheel of, now longpress the bluetooth button until the blue indicator lights up then shortly press the light icon to turn the lights on/off. BY turning the wheel on and off again you can reset your settings to automatic light sense again.*

*Tip: If for some reason the bluetooth indicator stays on, please long press the light icon (off button).

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Isn't it just Hard Press the bluetooth "On" button, then soft press the "Off/Light Bulb" button to toggle on & off?

No, in its default mode the light bulb will not turn off, the light sensor overrides and still turns the light on if dark.

however, my above post, with hindsight is wrong and a huge thanks for that video, I had never found out that the bluetooth made subtle changes to the light level etc, it most certainly isn't in the instructions I got!  In fact  at one point the lights started behaving so oddly I disconnected the battery to reset it.

I would warn, that certainly on my slightly older wheel it can be a bit flaky, for example, at one point playing just now the rear light became light sensitive and the front light stayed on and I couldn't turn it off.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2016 at 11:39 PM, DS said:

Hey @KingSong69

Here what I got.....not wheel, but at least instructions ;):D..hope they will help

Bluetooth music:

Activate the bluetooth module by keeping the bluetooth touch button pressed for about as second. The bluetooth on/off indicator will light up blue, indicating the bluetooth is activated. When the blue bluetooth light indicator is on shortly press the bluetooth touch button again, you will now hear a voice say "Power on".

Turn on the bluetooth on your mobile device and search/scan for 'King Song' to maken an connection to the wheel. In case you need to enter a code, try 1234 or 0000. When successfully connected you can play any audio/music from your mobile device through the speakers on the wheel. You control the output volume with your mobile device.

Light-sense:

When powering on the wheel, it automatically enters auto-light mode. The wheel will sense when darkness falls and turns the front light on/off automatically (might flash when wheeling by lanterns). The backlight is by default always on. To force the light off: turn on the wheel, turn on the bluetooth module by a second long press (making the blue indicator light up) then shortly press the light icon.

There is also a mode to turn the light on when the wheel is off. Turn your wheel of, now longpress the bluetooth button until the blue indicator lights up then shortly press the light icon to turn the lights on/off. BY turning the wheel on and off again you can reset your settings to automatic light sense again.*

*Tip: If for some reason the bluetooth indicator stays on, please long press the light icon (off button).

@DS, Where did you find this? I am trying to find a PDF or any dowloadable user manual for 14C and 16A or 16B.
Nothing on the KS website, old or new sites.

The Android App has a setting where you can change the behavior of the light to: on, off, or auto.

2016-05-16 01.16.03.png

1 hour ago, fearedbliss said:

@edwin_rm can you post the Android app you are using? That is different than the one originally distributed last year. I'm wondering if the new app works with the 14C .

The KS 16 app doesn't work very well with the 14". When connected to a friend's KS14, I was not able to change his wheel's lights, nor most other settings. So it mainly works with the 16" only.

Keep using the app you're using.

I never use the app lol, I just opened it the first time to unlock speed and set ride mode. But I wanted to try the new app to see if I can fix my lights cause they are not working as intended.

So the general problem is that I think the light sensor is broken because it my lights don't turn on/off based on the sensor (It hasn't been like this for a long time, I remember I opened up the KS in order disable the annoying very loud beeper that I never need because I never go at max speed. The sensor is completely attached and all of that so I don't believe I had damaged it. However, the problem is that when I turn on the wheel, the front and back lights turn on automatically (I don't mind the backlight, but I do care about the front light since it is annoying to have that on during the day when people might be able to see it).

1. Turn on KS 14C -> The front light automatically turns on

If I want to turn off, I need to press the bluetooth on button so that blue light turns on which also enables the front light button to work.
I tap the light button once and then front light shuts off (Not the back light).

If I turn off the KS 14C at this point (While the bluetooth panel is on), the wheel turns off but then the front light turns on again. This stays on until I explicitly finish turning off the bluetooth panel (And even then it might require me to turn off the front light and then turn off the bluetooth panel).

Is there any way that I can make the wheel remember the light configuration? If anything, I would be fine with the light being off by default, and me manually having to turn it on. 

Maybe @KaleOsaurusRex knows more about this?

Archived