My last WARNING to all PEV riders

22 minutes ago, Glock43x said:

that's what happens when mfers ride like maniacs. i have never done over 25 on my 16x when on public bike trails.. why do some need to go like 45mph? it's stupid..

agreed, 110%....

Glock43x,

tried the glock23, but found it abit squirrelly...i finally found the proper handling handgun,  HK USP 40S&W.  abit heavier but its heft stablilzed itself while firing...that was 30 years ago though...im sure alot has changed in small arms since then...

13 hours ago, Dan Cobar said:

This isn't good for us:

https://nhrtc.org/request-for-legislative-action/

If anyone know who these Youtubers are, can you contact them and perhaps get them to take down the videos they are linking to.

Or maybe replace them with something more innocent.

2 of my videos were shared on that website, without my permission or knowledge until the AFTER vote happened. After lengthy discussion with those involved and guest star on the videos i have taken the videos down privately , removed all location based tags and locations in titles from other videos featuring rail trail riding. Although there was nothing wrong going on in the videos , and clearly seen me and my friend being respectful in the video that was shared, and us slowing down. We were not even riding fast! lol they were chosen and placed to help guide legislative action.  It is my responsibility to protect our riding through my content so I  must do what i must do. However going forth, all my videos will NOT have location based tags, in description or title which severely sucks because many people found out about the hobby and started the hobby because of my videos. I am not going to take down every video that is shared across the internet , i won't have a channel if it becomes the case. However moving forward will put more effort and thought protecting locations, people, and things that can be a give away to Karen's out there.

Edited by WILSONEUC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

This was unevitable. Keep showing a good example out there to try and curb the incoming restrictions.

No this is what happens when Karens band together at a coalition group with a politician who is a member of it and they dont include the PEV community into the discussion to defend themselves. It just shows that people in power can do whatever they want if they dont like you regardless if they are informed about our hobby or not. Keep showing a good example? My videos is a good example as it can get , and showing safe practices does what? Still get sneaky bastards putting up my content as a means to show their members why we need to be regulated. My content has always been respectful of people on trails, slowing down around people on trails, and treating people with respect. No they are worried that we look like we are riding fast when in reality the camera picks it up like we are going faster than we are.   Oh well, i said my peace to them and they are not welcomed to share my content like that ever again.  New Hampshire riders need to be responsible for their own riding and voice their concerns to this club since they are resident of. Im not a New Hampshire resident so I dont have much say other than continue to show through my videos non reckless behavior and defend my content.. 

Edited by WILSONEUC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/10/2024 at 4:56 PM, Parker Noodles said:

No person shall operate a PEV over 5 miles per hour on sidewalks, walkways, or walking trails

i bet there's forum members that can't balance below 5 mph.

this is 5mph or less.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WILSONEUC said:

No this is what happens when Karens band together at a coalition group with a politician who is a member of it and they dont include the PEV community into the discussion to defend themselves. It just shows that people in power can do whatever they want if they dont like you regardless if they are informed about our hobby or not. Keep showing a good example? My videos is a good example as it can get , and showing safe practices does what? Still get sneaky bastards putting up my content as a means to show their members why we need to be regulated. My content has always been respectful of people on trails, slowing down around people on trails, and treating people with respect. No they are worried that we look like we are riding fast when in reality the camera picks it up like we are going faster than we are.   Oh well, i said my peace to them and they are not welcomed to share my content like that ever again.  New Hampshire riders need to be responsible for their own riding and voice their concerns to this club since they are resident of. Im not a New Hampshire resident so I dont have much say other than continue to show through my videos non reckless behavior and defend my content.. 

Haven't they always done this when there's something they don't like?

Eucs attract the young which probably fuels their dismay even further. "not in my community and not my little angels" "people shouldn't be allowed to have this much fun" :D

• Like 2

Just because cars and motorcycles are regulated don't make them safe. "safer" perhaps.

My point is that they won't be able to ban them anymore they could ban cars. Slow us down perhaps, more red tape.

I don't like any of it but some riders have law enforcers in the family and really look up to the law always being a positive force which imo it isn't.

• Like 1

u know, i'm trying to build a little pev city here at the ranch. it's a perfect location adjacent cypress creek town center and tampa premium outlets, the northern part of the ranch we sold years ago. 

these tenants in here will have it made with euc's, scooters,, bicycles etc etc. 

zoning starts this month. pasco county is very multiuse path friendly, so they'll like my concept. anything to relieve congestion. 

anyway, i'll be writing laws pertaining to use on these paths so i'll be doing lots of research going forward.

these laws will be local, but the problem with municode and lazy asst county attys, they'll just plagiarize another county, no matter how stupid it is. 

that's what i intend to get in front of, and why i got into this forum and eucs in 2017. my apt developer has an ebike and they are from california, so they too are all about this location and my pev city idea.

i'm sure it will be the first in the nation. i started creating this, 36 years ago. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

My point is that they won't be able to ban them anymore they could ban cars. Slow us down perhaps, more red tape.

As a community we can avoid legislation forever, while I am no fan of it I would rather take this minimal legislation today than something much more restrictive in 18 months time. Right now when communities call for rules regarding EUCs (and PEVs at large) the legislators don't have good examples to look at and there aren't any rules already on the books they can point at and say "we already have it covered."

As much as I don't like legislation, it is pointless and counterproductive to try to put it off forever.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Parker Noodles said:

As a community we can avoid legislation forever, while I am no fan of it I would rather take this minimal legislation today than something much more restrictive in 18 months time. Right now when communities call for rules regarding EUCs (and PEVs at large) the legislators don't have good examples to look at and there aren't any rules already on the books they can point at and say "we already have it covered."

As much as I don't like legislation, it is pointless and counterproductive to try to put it off forever.

no, but we do have ambulance chasing attys on every street corner. u hit somebody with ur wheel, in usa, ur getting sued. 

u do anything around humans, ur getting sued. 

u can be mean to me on a forum and get sued. 

that's why except for this forum and business contacts, my attys and my apt developer, i don't screw with humans anymore. 

u do realize it's illegal to grow ur own food in the usa. they do that so their buddies can get rich selling me thc that i have 325 acres i could grow for free and the cows would be healthier. 

i do think there sb speed limits to be ignored just like the cars do on 30mph cypress creek rd. it's a joke. who is gonna enforce these laws?

i would like to see the bad boy version of cops in a foot race trying to run down a wheel driver.

the good ol days when wheels had lights and speakers. probably illegal now.

• Like 3

Lawmakers and people with faith in law think that that's what's keeping us safe and organized. 

Natural law however has a big part of that, and they don't like to admit it. Almost no one wants to get hurt or hurt others so we act in a way to simply maximize ours and others' freedoms.

Let's try really hard to not injure anyone out there. Pedestrians or whatever.

The slow development of legislation is otherwise a good thing because by the time they get to it, everyone will have seen or experienced pevs and know that they aren't the "devil". If they then try to Karen their way they will seem unreasonable. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Let's try really hard to not injure anyone out there. Pedestrians or whatever.

That's not gonna interfere with my points system is it, whereby I score 50 if I manage to punt a granny over a wall ?!

Or one of those small, yappy-type dogs into a lake ? :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

u know, i'm trying to build a little pev city here at the ranch. it's a perfect location adjacent cypress creek town center and tampa premium outlets, the northern part of the ranch we sold years ago. 

these tenants in here will have it made with euc's, scooters,, bicycles etc etc. 

zoning starts this month. pasco county is very multiuse path friendly, so they'll like my concept. anything to relieve congestion. 

anyway, i'll be writing laws pertaining to use on these paths so i'll be doing lots of research going forward.

these laws will be local, but the problem with municode and lazy asst county attys, they'll just plagiarize another county, no matter how stupid it is. 

that's what i intend to get in front of, and why i got into this forum and eucs in 2017. my apt developer has an ebike and they are from california, so they too are all about this location and my pev city idea.

i'm sure it will be the first in the nation. i started creating this, 36 years ago. 

Was just down in St. Pete visiting the in laws and they live right off Pinellas Trail.  I was expecting some smart ass comments from someone while riding the trail and everyone was really cool about it.  Obviously I wasn't going more than 15-20mph but I was taken back by how PEV friendly they were.  Wish we had trails like that here.

• Upvote 2

with roving gangs of smash and grab robberies and dui's and car accidents, i don't think there's enough budget for wheel police.

here hopefully, they'll be ten apt complexes mixed in with office and retail. 

these apt buildings to begin with, will be 4 story stick framed tinderboxes if wheels or any pev stored inside has a thermal runaway battery. same for ev's. i don't want to live in a 4th floor stick frame apt knowing a marty type is next door with his 17 wheels scattered about his apt he's working on and tuning up the chargers and such. i've seen the inferno and felt the heat first hand when my 3 wheels burned up in my house fire in 2022. 

my apt developer is from california and has an ebike himself, so he knows all the risks already but of course i've been sending him updates on battery fires, and happy to see they seem to be subsiding a bit, or just not the hot topic at the moment. 

i say let free enterprise be free to govern themselves. it's always better than the govt solution. i'm  a state certified residential contractor so i've been dealing with these govt regs for over 50 years now. 

i'm not building these apts, i'm just selling them the land. it will be interesting to see and follow this concept of a pev community as it goes thru the local bureacratic bullshit, that and how the apt developer builds his stuff, it will be top of the line. 

just now thinking about this, and being 4th generation florida cowboy, and having built all over florida with it's haha, "engineered" storm water systems that fail every year in 100 year floods, waterproofing might be a prerequsite on which ev or pev is allowed in the apt complex near buildings that house humans. 

a big reason i chose inmotion to align with. their product leads the way in waterproofing. 

idk how teslas deal with this stuff. i suspect, like wheels, not enough out there yet. seems like the american ev's aren't selling well.

pev's just cannot be stored inside an apt building. so the marty type guy on the first floor apt is very careful about charging and such, but when he leaves his apt for work, he doesn't bag his wheels like i do mine, and the upstairs neighbor had an emergency and left her tub running and water drenched all of the wheels and the building burned down, 36 lives lost, apt developer gets sued, apt owner gets sued, probably sue me for selling them the land, etc etc etc. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bigkidneys said:

Was just down in St. Pete visiting the in laws and they live right off Pinellas Trail.  I was expecting some smart ass comments from someone while riding the trail and everyone was really cool about it.  Obviously I wasn't going more than 15-20mph but I was taken back by how PEV friendly they were.  Wish we had trails like that here.

yes! that's great to hear. i use to date a girl from st pete circa 1993 and i use to inline skate that trail. being a long distance inline skater, i became an aficionado on multiuse trails. that's a great trail. florida is the perfect place for wheel use for actually point a to point b travel on multiuse trails. like to grab a coffee. like duf.

if u came down 75, u went right past my ranch. next door to this super regional shopping complex. a young person, working from home, with a wheel here, would not need a car. a car here would be slower than a wheel on multiuse trails because there's no dead bodies on multiuse trails usually, but at this intersection, they scrape them up every weekend i think. if u like helis, this is the place for u.

but with car insurance for a young man, or girl, car payment, registration, just flushing money down the drain. a wheel, done right here, will pay for itself over and over. they could be working next door at the 30 plus restaurants. cars are passe. for locations like mine. 

look at the villages with their golf carts. i'm surprised jason hasn't rolled into the villages with his big conversion van of demo wheels to sell those q-tips. i always thought i could sell them like hotcakes at bike week in daytona. 

my idea of multi use trails is like the st pete trail, u can actually go somewhere. it went right past loggerhead marina where i had my boat moored. 

i mean, screw regulations, elon wants to go to mars, but can't figure out how to stop his product from self immolation.

one vehicle bursting into flames is too many if ur the driver.

so, here's my question. i've either lived here on the ranch, about 2/3rd's of my life, or apts and hotel rooms. hotel rooms are the best because i love the do not disturb sign and the flip side that says maid service. i'm really really lazy. 

these aren't gonna be my apts here, although i might build some here later, or a hotel even better. ur not gonna be allowed to bring ur wheel inside either. 

but there will be climatically controlled warehouse type lockers with free electricity for charging. in the apt parking lots for tenants and guests. the guest lockers could be like bus station lockers. or temporary parking where u could chain ur wheel. 

until tesla, tesla for crying out loud, can figure out how to 100% fires, i'm not expecting the wheel manufacturers to have the resources elon does. 

oh yeah, if u were an apt renter here, how much extra would u pay for a wheel garage. 

i use to rent from this same apt developer in 1999 and i paid $100 more a month for a detached garage.

and btw, this explanation by elon made perfect sense to me about charging. i have to use a gasoline generator or solar or both to push these big chargers. elon's explanation will save me alot of gas because i won't charge fully anymore.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 7:09 AM, alcatraz said:

Natural law however has a big part of that, and they don't like to admit it. Almost no one wants to get hurt or hurt others so we act in a way to simply maximize ours and others' freedoms.

That's very true, most people abide by most of the laws regardless of whether the law would be in place. That means, most laws are only made for the few people who do not have enough natural disincentive to behave like what should be common sense. The law adds some further artificial disincentive for them. Now, what does "few" mean? The percentage of people with severely impaired incentive to not hurt others is probably smaller than 2:100 and larger than 1:1000.

However, there are also stupidity, cockiness, selfishness and overconfidence, the consequences thereof onto others is what the laws should try to rein in too. These people don't want to hurt others but they end up doing it anyways because they are stupid and/or cocky and/or selfish and/or overconfident in some unfortunate combination, which is probably more common than psychopathy. This is more difficult to disincentivize with laws though, but, I think, still totally possible.

1 hour ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I oppose any and all PEV legislation. Shame on anyone advocating for it.

I am quite happy with the legislation I have. Shame on anyone advocating against legislation. Just kidding, shaming people for having their own thoughts is not my thing, even not those being in the government-is-evil-hivemind :P

On 1/12/2024 at 5:11 PM, novazeus said:

but there will be climatically controlled warehouse type lockers with free electricity for charging. in the apt parking lots for tenants and guests. the guest lockers could be like bus station lockers. or temporary parking where u could chain ur wheel. 

This would be great for new construction.  Just a small shed that can fit an E-bike with an outlet.  Something that can be locked up of course.

If you have a battery fire, you don't risk the main building.  And if your apt. is on the upper floors, you don't need to lug your wheel up a bunch a of stairs.

• Upvote 1