-28C Anyone ridding in cold?

Funky

21 hours ago, Robse said:

turned on without charger attached? how much was the consumption / hours turned on?

I didn't check the consumption, it wasn't much though. It was on for about 12 hours.

I have a lot of wheels (15-21 at any given time); a while back I built an enclosed cabinet with a heater and a temperature sensor. In the end that seemed like it was a) more trouble than it was work, and b) possibly dangerous as the wheel closest to the heater was getting pretty hot. Now I just have one small heater in the garage to keep the temperature in there from going below zero when we have a cold snap. And I normally bring the wheel I am riding indoors so that one wheel is at room temperature before I try to ride it.

• Thanks 1

Another fun fact, suspension behaves differently in cold, the viscosity of the oil changes and doesn't flow as easily which affects rebound.

On my rockshox I have to add 2-3 clicks of rebound in cold weather to make it lively otherwise it will pack up and feel harsh.

On 1/19/2024 at 1:26 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

safety gear underneath

I've found that all the layers of winter clothing is protection enough for the basic riding (back and forth to work) that I do 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I've found that all the layers of winter clothing is protection enough for the basic riding (back and forth to work) that I do 

Same here. I have even stopped using wrist guards as i got those big/puffy gloves on. In summer i'm still using them.

• Upvote 1