Begode ET MAX Announcement

2 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

It's just conversation and commentary no need to take it personal.

And it's not even about Begode, Chooch is Chooch, I would never take his words as informed advice, he's a salesman who often spreads inaccurate information, so if you depend on what he says for decision making you're not actually making informed decisions.

With his skills and interesting location he could've actually given some interesting comparative analysis between the wheels he reviews but he choose to just go the hype route which is unfortunate.

You know what? I agree, but I still like watching his videos :D He's a skilled rider and watching him reminds me of how I used to ride. Sometimes he also identifies differences or changes that others miss or don't mention. It's not all bad :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

You know what? I agree, but I still like watching his videos :D He's a skilled rider and watching him reminds me of how I used to ride. Sometimes he also identifies differences or changes that others miss or don't mention. It's not all bad :)

I watch them sometimes too, I just have to filter our the shit he says. 😆

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

With his skills and interesting location he could've actually given some interesting comparative analysis between the wheels he reviews but he choose to just go the hype route which is unfortunate.

Well, I believe he did try other approaches, but sometimes he can go too much the other way due to his lack of understanding and fact-checking, and ending up with no demo wheels to test as a result. I agree that if Chooch make meaningful comparative euc videos with substance, it can help his channel. 

Jimmy Chang is a more on the never-too-harsh side. But I also don't get anything useful from his videos on euc's. But he has a lot of subscribers on his channel.

Both channels still get views but due to my personal biases, I come to realize that I am not too drawn to their videos.

The vibes I get from Chooch's videos are that he has the tendencies to take the easy route to success. That is to put in minimize effort but hope that he can still be able to reap the rewards fully with all the bells and whistles.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Well, I believe he did try other approaches, but sometimes he can go too much the other way due to his lack of understanding and fact-checking, and ending up with no demo wheels to test as a result. I agree that if Chooch make meaningful comparative euc videos with substance, it can help his channel. 

Jimmy Chang is a more on the never-too-harsh side. But I also don't get anything useful from his videos on euc's. But he has a lot of subscribers on his channel.

Both channels still get views but due to my personal biases, I come to realize that I am not too drawn to their videos. .

You can do comparative analysis without deep diving into technical things, for example you can compare your subjective experience of two different suspension systems without trying to explain how they work or compare speed and ride characteristics without trying to explain things about the batteries or the motor.

Just by riding a trail you can deduce a lot of things from different wheels and how they behave on there without having to explain the why's of it.

So I don't really understand the need for some reviewers to dive into or speculate about technical subjects they don't know that much about, they could just focus on their subjective experience instead and all would be fine.

39 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I just have to filter our the shit he says

I think we all agree Chooch gets a little exited about most wheels. IMO his entertainment value is his riding skills and as you said his location. I don't take much stock in what any "influencer" has to say most of the time anyway.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

You can do comparative analysis without deep diving into technical things, for example you can compare your subjective experience of two different suspension systems without trying to explain how they work or compare speed and ride characteristics without trying to explain things about the batteries or the motor.

Just by riding a trail you can deduce a lot of things from different wheels and how they behave on there without having to explain the why's of it.

So I don't really understand the need for some reviewers to dive into or speculate about technical subjects they don't know that much about, they could just focus on their subjective experience instead and all would be fine.

For Chooch, I agree that with what you said could help his channel. 

I don't think it will work out because he doesn't come across as someone who would put in the time and effort, plus the planning to pull it off.

Edited by techyiam