One week EUC vacation, where would you go?

GothamMike

5 hours ago, GothamMike said:

You have  a week to ride from point A to B. Where do you ride? 

Scenery, hotels, charging spots, good food are important.

so, what route do you take? 

SoCal seems to offer nice routes - @Marty Backehas here some tours many liked which should be enough for a week.

https://www.electricunicycleworld.com/p/2023-southern-california-euc-tour.html?m=1

• Like 1

The Empire State bike trail goes from Niagara Falls to NYC (Or Montreal to NYC). Lots of B&Bs along the Eire Canal. Take Amtrak to get back?

Offroad/trail riding could get you in trouble if the weather changes.

The East Coast Greenway (greenway.org) has some interesting sections: Miami to Key West, Boston to Provincetown, and Richmond to Virginia Beach.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Lots of B&Bs along the Eire Canal. Take Amtrak to get back?

You might be inclined to take Amtrak to bypass the canal on the way out, too. It's 999,999,999 miles of straight line. ;)

• Like 1

absolutely gorgeous down here now. that's why everybody is moving here. can't build fast enough.

florida is made for euc's. flat and warm. 365 days of riding. range out ur kazoo. and i bet these trails are amazing by the parks and spring fed rivers. if i wasn't married to Bob, and all my other animals, i'd love to do those trails this timecof yeat until easter, when everybody leaves.

https://floridadep.gov/parks/ogt/content/online-trail-guide

Edited by novazeus

will they allow euc's on greyhound buses?

nvm, looked it up. my v13's sb fine!

these would go nicely with my v13 and Bob in his service dog in training vest.havecto get Bob orange and black vest as well.

down here, if i was out and about, which i never plan to again, and a cop started shit about the wheel, i'd just point to the sticker and Bob. they don't know. ada is more powerful than God on earth, in the courts at least.

i was just thinking u guys with a selfie camera could probably put on dark sunglasses and not get hassled, until u sped away. i guess a blind person could ride an euc, they can do everything else.

https://a.co/d/5l4PUAr

"If you don’t want to travel seated in your wheelchair or mobility scooter, we can store it for you in the baggage compartment. Mobility aids such as canes and walkers can travel inside the bus with you but only if they can be safely stowed in the overhead compartment because. Mobility Ads that cannot be safely stowed inside the bus will be placed in the baggage compartment, if possible.

The maximum dimensions for a mobility aid to go in the baggage compartment is 33” x 33” x 48”. The maximum weight for mobility aids is 200 pounds. Mobility aids that exceed either or both of these dimensions will not be accepted.

Ask a customer service agent for a claim check if your mobility aid is stowed in the baggage compartment. Assistive devices are not considered extra baggage and are transported free of charge unless you have more than one, in which case the second device would be considered additional baggage and subject to a charge.

Under the federal baggage tariff, if an item placed in the baggage compartment is damaged or lost, the maximum reimbursement of $250.00 is allowed per adult ticket purchased. To purchase excess valuation, ask a customer service agent at any of the terminals at the beginning of your trip. This applies to any mobility aids stored in the baggage bin.

Please arrive at the station or bus stop in plenty of time for us to store your wheelchair or mobility aid, which will help us get away on time."

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 10:35 PM, GothamMike said:

You have  a week to ride from point A to B.

Wait, like, without a car? Schlep your luggage on your back? 

How about "get to the hotel, then ride from it every day"?
That's my favorite style of urban vacation... summertime in Chicago especially.

• Like 1