Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

11 minutes ago, JZT-Colorado said:

To be fair, I don’t think my Lynx has, “more power,” per se,  but it’s giving me that power sooner and with less effort than before, which has the effect of making the Lynx FEEL quicker and  torquier and lighter on its feet (foot).

It's just giving the power that you are demanding and since it dips you more forward that means more lean and more demand. 😁

Just now, Rawnei said:

It's just giving the power that you are demanding and since it dips you more forward that means more lean and more demand. 😁

To be clear, from my perception, it seems like I’m now able to access that power with less lean. It’s just plain easier to accelerate quicker. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JZT-Colorado said:

To be clear, from my perception, it seems like I’m now able to access that power with less lean. It’s just plain easier to accelerate quicker. 

That's the funny thing, you are actually leaning more than before but it feels easier since the wheel helps you out. 😁

2 hours ago, JZT-Colorado said:

I  can't say on the Lynx, but on my V12 (HS), that is exactly how I feel. 

I am conservative rider in traffic, and I don't like to over-extend myself. And hence, I don't like to lean very much. You never know when a road irregularity can make you to lose balance.

Edited by techyiam

If the acceleration assist is anything like what InMotion did on v12. It probably will be a welcome feature. I know people are quick to say its not the same, but it seems very similar to split ride modes. I feel like that would be a good thing not a bad thing. Plus, you can turn it off. As long as it doesn't introduce any other "bugs" to the firmware, I think it's pretty awesome to see Leaper Kim adding features to updates like this. Makes you feel at least a little better about spending your money and possibly keeping a wheel a bit longer than until when then next one comes out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Yes. It's not the same type of split mode that other wheels implement though 🙂

Can you please explain the difference from say V12HT implementation?

47 minutes ago, joyrider said:

Can you please explain the difference from say V12HT implementation?

My (subjective) experience of the V12HT acceleration boost was that it simply caused you to lean farther forward (acceleration) or backward (deceleration) -- thus putting more of your natural weight forward (or backward) and providing a commensurate increase in acceleration or deceleration. This function is quite obvious because of a slight time delay between initially leaning, and then the system increasing that lean by a bit a moment (1 second?) later.  The amount of increased lean was directly related to the percentage of "acceleration" set by the app.

On the other hand, I am not (again, subjectively only) feeling this same type of increased lean forward or backward with the LeaperKim "acceleration boost" feature -- but it just seems to respond almost immediately with increased power, but without the perception of a sudden increase in lean.  I'm not saying it isn't happening, but it's just not obvious what or how it's happening with the LeaperKim function as compared to the Inmotion version.

If anyone has any technical knowledge (or observation) of what's actually happening (@JasonMcNeil?), I think we would all very much appreciate the insight. Also, if anyone has any explanation for the differences in lean and perceived "hardness" of pedals, between this ("acceleration boost") function and the "pedal softness" function would also be illuminating.

Edited by JZT-Colorado
  • Like 1

Today i did a Testround on my obligatory Trail with 5.011

Long Story short: an already sick wheel got steroids now , it skyrockets kind of

Longer Story:

Bear in mind that im a Soft-Mode rider (22% on the prior versions) and therefore im used to the pedalbehaviour on uphill trailriding which can be a little scary if you are not used to it (If you ride harder pedalmodes in this scenarios)

I use the wheel for what its made for imo: its a trailblazer

And now i tested with 30% pedalhardness and 60% Assist

In my opinion its describable as an extra push straight after a little initial deadzone as described on an earlier post

To me its like you preload a spring and then let it go 

It gives an additional Softmode-like punch independent of your pedalhardness-setting (applies also for braking kinda)

For example: for the same pushing on the same part of the trail in the same time and distance i got to 70 kph instead of 55kph for the older fw-versions and thats how i feel of the "powerpush" it got (about 20% for sure)

(Yes im aware that it assists and not power was added in the classic term, but still it acts like it had)

Upon reflection, if they made the assist not being floaty at low speeds it would be a much better feature, I would prefer it to have no effect at all at low speeds.

So I’m assuming that the Lynx now has the exact same feature set as the Sherman L in regards to how it responds to a hall sensor failure?

I just got my new cup holder from Amazon, and I’m getting 4 of these for my Lynx! Wheelchair cup holders. 
Two small yellow camo for the front, and two large, black on the back.
They seem pretty strong, and can be mounted horizontally or vertically. 
I call em EUC Saddle Bags.  https://a.co/d/j3N44Dv

image.png.6c71c2b3705c94755926524a7a4e9e92.pngimage.png.a96a7d4a43d05054a05e7cf4a7387d01.pngimage.png.60025460adeab943d435c27e62292505.png

IMG_0868.jpeg

Edited by o u euc 2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I also put Velcro on a $13 sissy bar seat and stacked it on the Beidou seat for extra cushion. 
I used it alone for awhile, as it allowed easy access to the trolley handle, but it’s short and it prefer it like this. https://a.co/d/1lczHNv

image.png.647f8a87ec0d65008bf441d2fa50357f.pngimage.png.1d2f0a7b8c5936bc097c4e5a670dda57.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, o u euc 2 said:

image.png.6c71c2b3705c94755926524a7a4e9e92.pngimage.png.a96a7d4a43d05054a05e7cf4a7387d01.pngimage.png.60025460adeab943d435c27e62292505.png

I've been using the smaller - water or beer bottle sized :-) - pouches for a while too.
The handles and stand make excellent tie down points for all sorts of things.

The weight on the wheel makes far less difference to handling (that I've felt) than the weight on my back when on trails/jumps.    
image.thumb.jpeg.0055362fdb03912afdadffdbf439cf8c.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, t0me said:

I've been using the smaller - water or beer bottle sized :-) - pouches for a while too.

The weight on the wheel makes far less difference to handling (that I've felt) than the weight on my back when on trails/jumps.    

I like that fat seat you have on yours too.  

17 minutes ago, o u euc 2 said:

I like that fat seat you have on yours too.  

Do you say that to all the girls?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, t0me said:

These mods are so cool! I never thought of using the below-seat bicycle pouch in front of the power pad. And fastening it to the handle is something I don't have as nifty access to on my Sherman S.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Upon reflection, if they made the assist not being floaty at low speeds it would be a much better feature, I would prefer it to have no effect at all at low speeds.

I have opposite feelings xD. I like it very much at low speeds as it allows me to skyrocket to high speeds from stationary like launch control in a car. But I don't like it that much on high speeds as it feels similar to overtorque in my old KingSong KS18L and it gives me flashbacks 😜.

I'm going to tune it further for sure (rn 55% hardness + 70% accel. assist). But the most important thing to me is that punch from stationary. It used to take a lot of effort to me to launch that hard before acceleration assist.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Q-Back said:

I have opposite feelings xD. I like it very much at low speeds as it allows me to skyrocket to high speeds from stationary like launch control in a car. But I don't like it that much on high speeds as it feels similar to overtorque in my old KingSong KS18L and it gives me flashbacks 😜.

I'm going to tune it further for sure (rn 55% hardness + 70% accel. assist). But the most important thing to me is that punch from stationary. It used to take a lot of effort to me to launch that hard before acceleration assist.

100% agree. 

Howdy all.  Sorry for this, I am going to ask a very silly question.  What is the acceleration assist and where do you find it on the app and where to access it on the wheel menu?

Edited by Charg1na

3 hours ago, Charg1na said:

Howdy all.  Sorry for this, I am going to ask a very silly question.  What is the acceleration assist and where do you find it on the app and where to access it on the wheel menu?

I didnt find it in android app as well, only at the wheel menu.

So far I have played only with ride mode 70 and assist 70. I like that I can hop on the wheel and go. It helps with getting on a wheel in traffic without having a negative angle (I can ride normally on +1 degree as on other wheels now).
What I don't like is that it changes 0 point/pedal angle to achieve that, instead of changing pedal response in time. I don't think many people like dipping pedals, in any situation it introduces instability/wobbles. 

I hope this is just the first version of this feature. After a begode master/T4 firmware experience, it feels now like somebody is working on this wheel, even after is sold! Kudos to Leaperkim for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

I didnt find it in android app as well, only at the wheel menu.

So far I have played only with ride mode 70 and assist 70. I like that I can hop on the wheel and go. It helps with getting on a wheel in traffic without having a negative angle (I can ride normally on +1 degree as on other wheels now).
What I don't like is that it changes 0 point/pedal angle to achieve that, instead of changing pedal response in time. I don't think many people like dipping pedals, in any situation it introduces instability/wobbles. 

I hope this is just the first version of this feature. After a begode master/T4 firmware experience, it feels now like somebody is working on this wheel, even after is sold! Kudos to Leaperkim for that.

Not sure exactly what you mean but have you tried lower setting?

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

controlled, the behaviour of assist it actually kind adds some dampening when you hit rocks and roots, it kinda smoothen things out even further which is very interesting

Thats interesing indeed, i felt the same , it smoothens out holes and so on on offroad riding quite a bit, like added another cushion to the suspension,  didnt expect this but nice....

I also noticed that jumping from a bonk is also harder now because it smoothens this also out, at least it felt like that for me...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onkeldanuel said:

Thats interesing indeed, i felt the same , it smoothens out holes and so on on offroad riding quite a bit, like added another cushion to the suspension,  didnt expect this but nice....

I also noticed that jumping from a bonk is also harder now because it smoothens this also out, at least it felt like that for me...

Not so with only 20 assist, bonking still fine