Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

On 7/23/2024 at 6:57 AM, Rawnei said:

I found that 20 works pretty good off-road, felt controlled

Same here. 
So far I’ve been liking 70% hardness and 20% assist. 
Before I rode 14% soft. 

Edited by o u euc 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, o u euc 2 said:

Same here. 
So far I’ve been liking 70% hardness and 20% assist. 
Before I rode 14% soft. 

I'm riding with 65% ride mode and 30% assist now and it works for everything, skatepark, climbing, off-road, it's really nice, also gives a bit of extra cushioning, overall assist feels like a very nice addition when you find your sweet spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, t0me said:

Pedal Assist/Hardness/PWM?  

Not this roll it was just a run to the city. I want to wait till my arm is out of the sling and go and test it a little more. 
Hardness was 85% 

i was running gps but didn’t kick Darknessbot open to track stats 

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

Not this roll it was just a run to the city. I want to wait till my arm is out of the sling and go and test it a little more. 
Hardness was 85% 

i was running gps but didn’t kick Darknessbot open to track stats 

Ahh yeah sorry,  what I meant is what are the 3 figures you're quoting?    I know there's hardness and assist...   but what's the 3rd and which is which in your setup.

18 hours ago, t0me said:

Ahh yeah sorry,  what I meant is what are the 3 figures you're quoting?    I know there's hardness and assist...   but what's the 3rd and which is which in your setup.

Sorry I didn’t respond sooner.

The 3 values were different assist amounts

it was actually 50-70-100% 

Ahh ok,   so they were all settings you tried for the new pedal assist option?    What did you settle on?    Are you a 100% rider for pedal hardness or...?  I used to be but giving it 20-40% softness works pretty well for me now.      
I haven't really been able to feel what pedal assist brings to the party but if its just pedal angle on acc/dec then it can stay at 0 I think.

Edited by t0me

PSA, My Lynx survived full but very brief submersion into a pond today…. I got crossed up in roots while trail riding & we both tumbled down into the water. Only the beeper seemed affected but after riding with the headlight pointed sky high for a few minutes, all is well 👍🏼 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Standard4130 said:

PSA, My Lynx survived full but very brief submersion into a pond today…. I got crossed up in roots while trail riding & we both tumbled down into the water. Only the beeper seemed affected but after riding with the headlight pointed sky high for a few minutes, all is well 👍🏼 

Ouf, if it was me I would do a teardown and inspection, double check that motherboard compartment is dry, it's possible that water got into battery compartments, also possible and even likely that water got into bearings, might not need to inspect bearings but you will notice if they start sounding bad.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I would have to ease my mind as well by doing a full disassembly of the wheel. Well not full, but thorough enough that I check at least the battery boxes and controller department. Battery boxes because you are currently running a risk that water got in there and causes a short, which may even ignite the whole thing. I'd rather not take the risk.

Might have also gotten water into the motor which will end up rusting it, so that would be nice to pop open too.

15 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

I will be changing to the Shinko 244 this afternoon, good opportunity for me to check things out! Thanks guys 👍🏼 

Before you start you might wanna go get some black silicone if you plan on opening the battery packs. I guess clear would work too. Also if you plan on popping the motor cover open, you might wanna get some insulation for that as well.

31 minutes ago, Anthraksi said:

Before you start you might wanna go get some black silicone if you plan on opening the battery packs. I guess clear would work too. Also if you plan on popping the motor cover open, you might wanna get some insulation for that as well.

Awesome reminder! Thank you!…. I bet all my black RTV is dried up, lol.😂 

Just got a flat on the stock Kenda 262 while riding and I'm exploring tire options. Seems like most people like the Shinko tires. I noticed chooch has a video with the tubeless 14-80/90 TNT Tire that is an option at ewheels. It's tempting because I primarily just ride on street but I haven't seen anybody else with it.

Any thoughts?

36 minutes ago, MandatoryFun said:

Just got a flat on the stock Kenda 262 while riding and I'm exploring tire options. Seems like most people like the Shinko tires. I noticed chooch has a video with the tubeless 14-80/90 TNT Tire that is an option at ewheels. It's tempting because I primarily just ride on street but I haven't seen anybody else with it.

Any thoughts?

I think that’s the tire you can get on the new Sherman L & every review I watch of that wheel they talk about how good that tire is….

I just mounted the Shinko 244 on my Lynx and so far so good 👍🏼. It definitely has brought some more stability especially in higher speed turning on the street. I need to re-seat it because there’s a slight bounce in the tire now…. Time will tell how much I really like it!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

I think that’s the tire you can get on the new Sherman L & every review I watch of that wheel they talk about how good that tire is….

I just mounted the Shinko 244 on my Lynx and so far so good 👍🏼. It definitely has brought some more stability especially in higher speed turning on the street. I need to re-seat it because there’s a slight bounce in the tire now…. Time will tell how much I really like it!  

It's not standard tire just something that ewheels ordered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

will lynx suspension fit the Sherman S?

Yes. If your intention is to upgrade the spring to the progressive one, you could just get the springs and open the stanchions and swap it out yourself if you want to. As far as I know they are otherwise the exact same.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Anthraksi said:

Yes. If your intention is to upgrade the spring to the progressive one, you could just get the springs and open the stanchions and swap it out yourself if you want to. As far as I know they are otherwise the exact same.

thanks ,,yes I was going to just swap springs but I can buy a full set lynx suspension cheap so I might as well have a spare and maybe buy some springs later and can fix at my leisure thanks

1 hour ago, stephen said:

will lynx suspension fit the Sherman S?

They are the same length but I am not 100% sure of all the other dimensions are exactly the same (mainly the screw holes for the battery mounting), might be but maybe best to check with a reseller first.

4 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

They are the same length but I am not 100% sure of all the other dimensions are exactly the same (mainly the screw holes for the battery mounting), might be but maybe best to check with a reseller first.

Ah you are actually right, might want to measure the screw holes first and see if they are in the correct spot. Asking a reseller would be the best bet as said. Would guess that they are identical, but you never know and might not want to risk it.

https://oneride.eu/en/spare-parts/698-suspension-for-leaperkim-veteran-shermans-lynx-electric-unicycle.html

Oneride kinda implicates that they should be the same though.

Any of you guys concerned about this? I know it startled me a bit…. I checked mine and it does flex but not as much as the one in this video…. 
I had been having trouble at the speeds Dawn mentions, switching to the Shinko 244 has helped & I don’t have rubbing but I also don’t carve hard at high speeds…..

37 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

Any of you guys concerned about this? I know it startled me a bit…. I checked mine and it does flex but not as much as the one in this video…. 
I had been having trouble at the speeds Dawn mentions, switching to the Shinko 244 has helped & I don’t have rubbing but I also don’t carve hard at high speeds…..

Not at all concerned, my guess is that he/someone changed tire and did not torque the clamp bolts to spec.

Surprising that so many EUC enthusiasts don't have proper tools, torque adapter is not that expensive.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1