An upcoming new version of Begode T4 (T4 pro)

7 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Looks awesome. I'm curious about its weight.

A 134v upgrade and a C38 motor would be the best I suppose. 

Since they only changed the rim, board, and tire, I can assume it’s still the same weight?

• Like 1

yea this is not really as new product at all. Just for new batches they going with the different board and "new name" gives more of a headline and maybe justify a small price increase. If the price stays the same than it's just 2024 T4 :)

7 hours ago, Whalesmash said:

Once again begode amazes us with their release of another wheel that competes with their own existing product(s)

Hehe.

Do you think they'll still make the non-pro model? They might simply stop, and make more only if demand remains.

Do you want the T4 or the T4 update? :)

5 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Hehe.

Do you think they'll still make the non-pro model? They might simply stop, and make more only if demand remains.

Do you want the T4 or the T4 update? :)

I think there might be a misunderstanding here. I'm referring to the fact that they already make the extreme which is already 134v, more powerful motor, more suspension travel 16 inch wheel. Why bother with another T4 if the extreme already does the same thing except better.

Edited by Whalesmash

News flash: some rumors indicated it’s gonna have Extreme’s board instead of master v3 board, and yes, it’s going to be 134v.(turns out it’s still 100v 
so basically the new T4 is going to be an Extreme with smaller battery packs and and a less superior suspension system. 

they are currently shipping the baby out to distributors now

Edited by Chris7708

I do not understand the need of this product. Upping it to 134v and giving it the street tire is signalling that they are trying to make it a faster version for the streets. So it's smaller Master? hm.. smaller less stable Master. When Master exists and is quite often on sales. Are they trying to compete against EB Mini? with less batteries? what is going on here. 

Not sure why it would have less battery. 

Generally they increase the cells to maintain 4p when increasing voltage. 

Unless they're going 32s3p but theyd have to go a different setup from the usual 16s packs in series, most like to 8s4p packs like they had in the v1 master. 

2p could be possible but not sure how a pro model can have less battery than the original. 

It could be a cost cutting exercise so they don't have to keep making 100v controllers. 

I was confused if it's going up to 2400WH. the battery boxes kind of look the same as old one size wise. Maybe they are larger it's difficult to say :efefb6a84e:

But if it is 2400wh 134v, it means they have two wheels that are coming out quite close to one another both being same tire size, same 2400wh, both with same style suspension. 

Current T4 makes sense in a lineup as a smaller lighter option next to more powerful ones. If they wanted to make it better they could have trickled down the full cnc body production they implemented for extreme, or some other things they learned.. Maybe manage to save another KG getting it closer to 30kg etc.. Beefing it up just make them compete with themselves. 

I'm not planning to get the PRO as the regular T4 is great for what I need, i'm just curious where they going on with this one :) 

Also. Could it get a new controller but stay 100V? Remember that IM is using the Raptor controller on V13 that is 126v, v14 that is 134v and they mention it's gong in to V11Y and that is 86V..

23 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

Also. Could it get a new controller but stay 100V? Remember that IM is using the Raptor controller on V13 that is 126v, v14 that is 134v and they mention it's gong in to V11Y and that is 86V..

Ah this is most likely the case. In the photo with both the new t4 and the old t4 they both have the same battery case size. Either that or 4x 8s4p batteries and no redundancy which after the master V1 backlash I'd be surprised

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 3:53 PM, Eyss said:

Ah this is most likely the case. In the photo with both the new t4 and the old t4 they both have the same battery case size. Either that or 4x 8s4p batteries and no redundancy which after the master V1 backlash I'd be surprised

Another news flash, turns out you guys are correct, they somehow managed to use the Extreme’s controller and has it stays at 100v. 

The battery stays still at 1800wh, so weight wise this thing shouldn’t be any different from the older version with metal battery boxes. 

Furthermore, I heard they are no longer using C30 motor, they switched to another that is more powerful with torque and better quality(but they just don’t want to tell me what model…)

However, it’s gonna get to my local retailer within 2-3weeks, and I’m planning to place an order. We’ll see what happen then!

Edited by Chris7708
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...