An upcoming new version of Begode T4 (T4 pro)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am baffled. Why does does the T4 Pro only have a street tire option???

Riders seems to largely agree that the T4 was one of most agile and fun trail wheels of that era. It's still somewhat relevant in this era considering its price if you're into light-weight, short-range, agile trail fun. At the same time, the T4 leaves most riders a bit disappointed for it's speed limits and range on pavement.

This street tire decision makes no sense for this wheel. It just seems like complete oblivion for what niche their own wheels fill. Somebody in Begode made a deliberate decision take one of the best light-weight trail wheels and rebrand it as a not very good street wheel. And I just don't get it. Help me understand.

Edited by SoleCycle

1 hour ago, SoleCycle said:

I am baffled. Why does does the T4 Pro only have a street tire option???

Riders seems to largely agree that the T4 was one of most agile and fun trail wheels of that era. It's still somewhat relevant in this era considering its price if you're into light-weight, short-range, agile trail fun. At the same time, the T4 leaves most riders a bit disappointed for it's speed limits and range on pavement.

This street tire decision makes no sense for this wheel. It just seems like complete oblivion for what niche their own wheels fill. Somebody in Begode made a deliberate decision take one of the best light-weight trail wheels and rebrand it as a not very good street wheel. And I just don't get it. Help me understand.

The way I see it, is that with T4 & Extreme both being wheels with 12" rim / (16" ish knobby tires), T4 was potentially cheaper competition for Extreme in the Begode range. Not ideal.

T4 'Pro' coming with street tire, potentially solves that problem. It then aims it directly against S16, essentially becoming a two horse race in the 'budget' beginner/street/allround suspension wheels in the 12" rim segment. Although same size rims/tyres, IM V14 & Patton are essentially in a price/class above, as is Extreme.

You're probably right saying "somebody in Begode made a deliberate decision". However, it makes marketing sense if analysed that way. 

Edited by Voyager
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

It then aims it directly against S16, essentially becoming a two horse race in the 'budget' beginner/street/allround suspension wheels in the 12" rim segment.

Your multi-point perspective on this makes it make a lot more sense. Thanks

• Thanks 1

Imo the T4 pro would shine in a skatepark or paved/hardpacked jump park etc. I love my non pro T4 at the skatepark just wish it had more torque like the pro variant should provide. If they up the controller above the 250 amps it can do atm(heavily battery then thermally limited) it would be even better.