What are your thoughts on the Adventure?

NOSFET Electric Dreams

1 hour ago, Electric Dreams said:

What improvements or what do you want to know about the wheel?

Love to hear more about the Adventure, as to how well it rides on city streets at speeds between 50 km/h and 60 km/h, and how it compares to the Patton, Extreme, S22 Pro, and possibly the S19 too.

Showing us the actual suspension travel would be appreciated. If possible, remove the coil-over shock and let us see the free of movement as the wheel goes through its suspension travel.

Also, it would be great if you can do some recharging timings. For example, how long does it take to charge from 30% to 80% at 16A using both charging ports?

Range test with an average speed of 30 km/h, perhaps riding from 100% battery charge down to 30%.

Would also be interested in watching a tire/wheel removal video to see how difficult it is to do.

Thanks.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Electric Dreams said:

What improvements or what do you want to know about the wheel?

FYI I'm delighted to announce that I'm working with Ewheels now. 

Congrats on your eWheels collaboration. 

I’d like to see how well the front “kickstand” works and an assessment of how sturdy/durable you think the wheel is overall, especially at the potential ground contact points if crashed. The frontmost part of the shell and even the rear handle concern me. 

22 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Speed to be increased from 70kph to 81kph in high speed mode for proper street riding without constantly hitting beeps.

Inmotion Adventure will come in the 20" model as well at a later date.

On top of that, the Challenger will have the 20" and 22" models with the swappable battery pack capability.

A rider can pick and choose for the best match.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

Inmotion Adventure will come in the 20" model as well at a later date.

On top of that, the Challenger will have the 20" and 22" models with the swappable battery pack capability.

A rider can pick and choose for the best match.

Interesting. Two 14” rim wheels coming for me to choose from! Do you know about other changes as well? Or should we assume everything else the same and just different rim sizes? Swappable battery on a Challenger indicates at least different chassis. 

4 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Interesting. Two 14” rim wheels coming for me to choose from! Do you know about other changes as well? Or should we assume everything else the same and just different rim sizes? Swappable battery on a Challenger indicates at least different chassis. 

I am afraid I don't know anything else.

Inmotion got a new CEO, so we actually know less than before, which wasn't much to start with.

From what we know when Bob Yan was still CEO, the Adventure models will have the linkage suspension, and the Challenger models will have the hydraulic suspension (fork style, Patton-like). Additionally, the Challenger models can have more than 3024 Wh battery capacities.

Chassis-wise, it is hard to know what Inmotion will be doing going forward. They may not keep the current V13 chassis since the Adventure chassis can be simply converted into a hydraulic suspension by replacing its sliders with hydraulic struts, and omitting the linkage and shock altogether.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, Electric Dreams said:

what do you want to know about the wheel?

Great to hear you have hitched your wagon to a top shelf shop like ewheels and lets hope your reviews are more forthcoming and honest from now on. The extreme review seemed a bit disingenuous. However i do appreciate the fact you engage the community and am looking forward to your review of the v14. Lastly , i would like to know how the v14 suspension compares to the sherman s suspension since that seems to be the "best" in a lot of peoples opinion. TIA

• Upvote 1

it looks great, and i signed up for the eap and would buy one, but at $3300 and i can buy another v13 for $3500 and leave the flabby knobby on it for attempting to use it as a pasture wheel, ain't no way that little wheel would make it across my pastures. one hidden gopher hole and a face plant. the bigger wheel has a better chance of spanning. 

do u know what changes they'll make to the v13 and when? might buy another v13 cheaper than $3500.

btw, it's been really hot here, so not riding much. i've been just grabbing my moving platform, the v13 to get mail, deliveries etc. so the ks-22 was looking lonely so i took it to the gate instead. felt like a 9bot. that's when i realized, i really like the bigness of the v13. i mean, i never lift it, it stays on the road in its garage like a car. 

Is it a replacement (size-wise) for the V12 ?  I'm considering getting rid of the V12 and replacing it with the Adventure, unless Inmotion has something like the Adventure planned for mainly paved street riding.

41 minutes ago, mlau said:

Is it a replacement (size-wise) for the V12 ?  I'm considering getting rid of the V12 and replacing it with the Adventure, unless Inmotion has something like the Adventure planned for mainly paved street riding.

There will be a 20" Adventure, and a 20" Challenger.

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

so the present v13 is a 22" challenger?

i wanna know should i wait for a better suspension big wheel like the v13? i like the ergonomics of the bigger wheels better, esp after marty's accident. i predict lots more x-rays like his, with 90 pounds, pads, spiked pedals and a small diameter wheel more prone to twisting.

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

so the present v13 is a 22" challenger?

Correct. And the future Challenge models should have a 20" model as well as a 22" model, all with higher battery capacities packs that can be installed on the wheel with one to four packs. Additionally, future Challenger models will have hydraulic suspension.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Correct

great. save me some money. i'll wait. 

45mph top speed(or lower)and more low end torque. whatever happened to "fancy mode"? i want tractor mode.

Edited by novazeus

22 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i want tractor mode

If Inmotion marketing, and Jack are to be believed, the 16" Adventure can climb 50° slopes, and has low effort acceleration sensitivity. If you want tractor mode, this is the wheel you got to try.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, techyiam said:

Ok. so the 16" Adventure with a street tire it will be.  I want something small(er) with suspension that can keep up with city road traffic.  The V13 is great but a bit too heavy and big.

2 minutes ago, mlau said:

Ok. so the 16" Adventure with a street tire it will be.  I want something small(er) with suspension that can keep up with city road traffic.  The V13 is great but a bit too heavy and big.

Note that the top speed of the 16" Adventure is 70 km/h.

If you are already riding a V13, and your use case is to ride in traffic with cars and trucks, I am surprised you would look for another wheel. I find that as I rode my Abrams more, it became easier and easier to ride. For urban commuting consisting of bike lanes, bike paths, and roads, no matter how short a trip, I find that riding the Abrams is no more difficult than riding my V12. I can free mount up a steep slope, get around tight turns, after I spent enough time on it. The V13 is a nice riding wheel, albeit it does have a big wheel feel to it. But with enough ride time, it will not be more difficult to ride than a Patton. Sure, if you compare them back to back, the Patton will take less effort to ride. But if you don't do that and just ride a big wheel on its own, you will get used to it and it won't feel like a chore to ride it. In fact, it should be a joy to ride. I enjoyed riding the V13.

I have to say though, if I stop riding the Abrams for a long while and get back on it, then it can take a bit of time to get use to it again. Whereas, something like a V12, there isn't any difference. However, I am not a heavy guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Note that the top speed of the 16" Adventure is 70 km/h.

If you are already riding a V13, and your use case is to ride in traffic with cars and trucks, I am surprised you would look for another wheel.

The V13 is for evening joyrides on bikepaths or around the local aerodrome; it's far too clunky to e.g. take into a shop or visit the doctors.  I much prefer the V8 for that still.
Now I want to get rid of the V12, the V8 is showing signs of a dying battery;  I'm not going to buy any non-suspension wheels any more and no company is at the moment making a lightweight shortrange "V10-with-suspension" type wheel, so I was considering the V14, esp. since I like inmotions build quality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlau said:

no company is at the moment making a lightweight shortrange "V10-with-suspension" type wheel, so I was considering the V14, esp. since I like inmotions build quality.

V10F: ~20kg. Which one’s closer: V14: 39kg. V11: 27.5kg. ;)

Disregarding the S18 with a problematic suspension execution, V11 is the lightweightest and shortrangest suspension EUC.

3 hours ago, mlau said:

The V13 is for evening joyrides on bikepaths or around the local aerodrome; it's far too clunky to e.g. take into a shop or visit the doctors.  I much prefer the V8 for that still.

I see your point, and if it's for doing errands and going around town with less weight to tow around. And if you do trails, off road then this would be a good alternative. But if you're used to going 40 mph+ around town.. 🤔.. But if you have the means.. Do it.. 😆 

In the future, I'm sure they'll have the best of both worlds with solid state batteries they're creating. Imagine that on our EUC. More range, speed, lighter than our V13. 

19 hours ago, Impoy47 said:

I see your point, and if it's for doing errands and going around town with less weight to tow around. And if you do trails, off road then this would be a good alternative. But if you're used to going 40 mph+ around town.. 🤔.. But if you have the means.. Do it.. 😆 

In the future, I'm sure they'll have the best of both worlds with solid state batteries they're creating. Imagine that on our EUC. More range, speed, lighter than our V13. 

Well you might go around at 40mph often. I don't. And if someone says his V8 is better for errands then I doubt 40+ mph speed is the priority. 

I still do not get why people are so fixated on top speed. You will see average ride speed from eg. Euc.world that most rides are not at these high top speeds nor 60miles+ pr ride either. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well you might go around at 40mph often

From reading posts from this forum site, and on Facebook, I don't doubt there are many riders who go 30+, 40+ mph on this side of the pond.

The Sherman S, EX30, V13, Master Pro, and Patton, seem to be selling. For those who ride their electric wheels in car traffic, 45 mph top speed isn't that high.

For my own use case, I don't need to ride faster than 30 mph. However, there can be opportunities when I can, and it would be nice if I have a wheel that can give me that option. I think there are whole lot of riders in the US who go 30+ mph on their regular rides, it seems.

Bottom line is, if faster wheels don't sell, manufacturers won't make them. My guess is that there will be new wheels coming out next year that will have a top speed of no less than 80 mph. And those fast wheels will sell.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

Bottom line is, if faster wheels don't sell, manufacturers won't make them. My guess is that there will be new wheels coming out next year that will have a top speed of no less than 80 mph. And those fast wheels will sell.

My point is faster is not equal as everyone would buy it. And there is currently a gab in new model range for a reasonal priced lightweight suspension wheel. Where long range and fast speed is not the prime motivation to buy it. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

My point is faster is not equal as everyone would buy it. And there is currently a gab in new model range for a reasonal priced lightweight suspension wheel. Where long range and fast speed is not the prime motivation to buy it. 

You are absolutely right. Leaper Kim only sells heavy fast wheels. Not everyone buys a Veteran wheel. But they don't seem to mind. Kingsong doesn't sell big fast wheels yet. But they may with their F-Series line of wheels coming out in the future if the rumours become true.

Edited by techyiam