Inmotion v12 Pedal Snap

zer0dayexploit

A test between high tensile and high impact bolts would be good to settle the debate. :)

I'm guessing that any high quality bolt will pass the test if torqued properly. Pass as in no failures within several thousand km. But given enough time, we should get some data.

On 9/4/2023 at 6:13 PM, Frolic0415 said:

What size is the bolt? I'm going to get 12.9 grade but not sure the size/name of the exact bolts I need.

It is an M5 bolt. The factor bolts are 14mm but you can actually buy some longer bolts as they still thread in to full depth. I ended up using 16mm bolts or 18. I can’t recall.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 3:03 AM, zer0dayexploit said:

It is an M5 bolt. The factor bolts are 14mm but you can actually buy some longer bolts as they still thread in to full depth. I ended up using 16mm bolts or 18. I can’t recall.

Much appreciated! Think I'll go M5x16mm :)

• 7 months later...

Same thing just happened to me slow speed 4 inch curb. Left pedal all four bolts snapped off. I'm weary about the v12 nw. I weight 200lbs. Gone off small curbs before.  No jumping.. I replaced all with new 5mx16mm 12.9 bolts. I bought extras and am going to switch them out every 500 miles. I've got 1300 miles on the wheel. No the pedals weren't loose... beware!!!!!!

• Like 1