Begode Extreme 30 incoming...

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

I share a different opinion.

Based on recent first impression videos and some online chatter, and the selling prices at eucdeals.com, it seems to me Begode is doing what Begode does best. That is to build a wheel to a price point and tries to look good in things that they want to promote, but at the expense of basically all other areas, with non-existence QC.

ie. the construction of the tail light was hard to believe. It was as if toy makers are still employed at Begode.

Even Chooch gave the Extreme a thumbs down.

That was my other concern in a post earlier on. What happens to build quality and quality control with the price drops. To make a larger profit margin, they're going to have to cut corners somewhere... 

It's not starting off strong for the extreme and it doesn't provide any reassurance that the extreme 30 would be any better... Maybe I should just order a master pro v2 for $3200 and be done with it.

7 minutes ago, trailless said:

That was my other concern in a post earlier on. What happens to build quality and quality control with the price drops. To make a larger profit margin, they're going to have to cut corners somewhere... 

It's not starting off strong for the extreme and it doesn't provide any reassurance that the extreme 30 would be any better... Maybe I should just order a master pro v2 for $3200 and be done with it.

On hindsight, based on a few newly released wheels, I come to learn that if one waits for enough owners to have their impressions and ownership experiences shared online, and buy accordingly, one can minimize much of the unpleasant surprises.

$3200 USD is a good price for the Master Pro V2.

On 8/30/2023 at 8:41 AM, techyiam said:

On hindsight, based on a few newly released wheels, I come to learn that if one waits for enough owners to have their impressions and ownership experiences shared online, and buy accordingly, one can minimize much of the unpleasant surprises.

$3200 USD is a good price for the Master Pro V2.

Strongly debating buying a master pro v2. There doesn't seem to be any issues with the master pro v2, well except for the latest firmware update... 

My biggest worry about the master pro v2 was the height and weight. But after getting the v13, it's the same weight and the same height... $3200 for a new master pro v2 is very tempting...

3 minutes ago, trailless said:

Any word when this wheel will be announced?

I heard Jan 24 but I would take it with a large pinch of salt.  First time I heard of S16 coming out was like 2 years ago and look how long that took.

I've read on here in the past Inmotion are looking at a bigger battery V13, so always going to be new wheels. I haven't heard anymore on that either.

8 hours ago, trailless said:

Strongly debating buying a master pro v2. There doesn't seem to be any issues with the master pro v2, well except for the latest firmware update... 

My biggest worry about the master pro v2 was the height and weight. But after getting the v13, it's the same weight and the same height... $3200 for a new master pro v2 is very tempting...

My guess is that you most likely will be able get used to the Master Pro in short order, coming from a V13. The pedal height is higher. But that shouldn't be a problem for long. Generally, people can switch from one big wheel to another without too much trouble. However, higher pedal height could pose problems riding in strong crosswinds, according to some people.

I don't own a V13, nor a Master Pro. So there is only so much I can comment.

I really like riding the V13 on a test ride. So, I am curious as to why you feel you need to upgrade. Riding a Master Pro can be more thrilling in certain ways, but I have my doubts as to the Master Pro being able to give you a better ownership experience. But to really know, you need to speak to those who have owned both a V13, and a Master Pro. 

Regarding the Extreme 30, my guess is that the release date is unknown right now since Begode is still fighting fires with the Extreme. However, Jack seems to think Begode is very serious in making the Extreme a competitive wheel. So the Extreme and later Extreme 30 should be decent wheels. However, we won't know how good until they are tested and compared to their competitors. Begode, so far, has shown they can react quickly to issues discovered in the field, pretty much the opposite of Kingsong. After a few generations of suspension wheels, it does appear Begode's linkage suspension designs will not be as good as the hydraulic suspension used in Veteran suspension wheels. But they now have 130 mm suspension travel, and you can improve on the suspension using aftermarket parts.

Personally, I wouldn't give up on the Extreme 30 yet, unless you really need the 4800 Wh range of the Master Pro. Master Pro is based on the Master, so it was still based on an earlier generation Begode suspension wheel. The Extreme 30 should have better build quality.

If you can wait, there is also the Inmotion Challenger.

For Begode fans, or if you looking strictly for 4800 Wh battery, top speed, and price, the Master Pro at $3200 USD is a good value.

Edited by techyiam

31 minutes ago, techyiam said:

My guess is that you most likely will be able get used to the Master Pro in short order, coming from a V13. The pedal height is higher. But that shouldn't be a problem for long. Generally, people can switch from one big wheel to another without too much trouble. However, higher pedal height could pose problems riding in strong crosswinds, according to some people.

I don't own a V13, nor a Master Pro. So there is only so much I can comment.

I really like riding the V13 on a test ride. So, I am curious as to why you feel you need to upgrade. Riding a Master Pro can be more thrilling in certain ways, but I have my doubts as to the Master Pro being able to give you a better ownership experience. But to really know, you need to speak to those who have owned both a V13, and a Master Pro. 

Regarding the Extreme 30, my guess is that the release date is unknown right now since Begode is still fighting fires with the Extreme. However, Jack seems to think Begode is very serious in making the Extreme a competitive wheel. So the Extreme and later Extreme 30 should be decent wheels. However, we won't know how good until they are tested and compared to their competitors. Begode, so far, has shown they can react quickly to issues discovered in the field, pretty much the opposite of Kingsong. After a few generations of suspension wheels, it does appear Begode's linkage suspension designs will not be as good as the hydraulic suspension used in Veteran suspension wheels. But they now have 130 mm suspension travel, and you can improve on the suspension using aftermarket parts.

Personally, I wouldn't give up on the Extreme 30 yet, unless you really need the 4800 Wh range of the Master Pro. Master Pro is based on the Master, so it was still based on an earlier generation Begode suspension wheel. The Extreme 30 should have better build quality.

If you can wait, there is also the Inmotion Challenger.

For Begode fans, or if you looking strictly for 4800 Wh battery, top speed, and price, the Master Pro at $3200 USD is a good value.

My main issue is the torque. My wheel progression was OG sherman, master, ex30 and now the v13. The ex30 had gobs of torque and was a joy to ride honestly. The v13 lacks in torque and when I go to brake aggressively, I have to be careful. I've gotten it to dip me a few times and now I have to cautious of how hard I brake. Coming from the ex30, where I could basically do the matrix pose with it dipping, it's a bit of change for me. 

Anyway, it's about to be winter time and riding is going to be cut short. I'm about to start another work project that should be done around spring time next year. So I'll probably just hold onto the v13 and treat myself to a batch 2 extreme 30 next year. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trailless said:

My main issue is the torque. My wheel progression was OG sherman, master, ex30 and now the v13. The ex30 had gobs of torque and was a joy to ride honestly. The v13 lacks in torque and when I go to brake aggressively, I have to be careful. I've gotten it to dip me a few times and now I have to cautious of how hard I brake. Coming from the ex30, where I could basically do the matrix pose with it dipping, it's a bit of change for me. 

Anyway, it's about to be winter time and riding is going to be cut short. I'm about to start another work project that should be done around spring time next year. So I'll probably just hold onto the v13 and treat myself to a batch 2 extreme 30 next year. 

I see. With your EUC riding background, and you knowing exactly what you are after, you really need to ride the wheels you are interested to really know. You already have owned and ridden the OG Sherman, Master, EX30, and the V13. You should be advising others as to what to get.

Since you already have owned the EX30, and you are after torque for braking, I doubt the Extreme 30 is going to help you. The Extreme or Extreme 30 only has 2400 Wh (4P), and the Extreme 30 and EX30 have the C40 motors. The EX30 has 3600 Wh, 6P. Torque requires current, and 6P can provide current more than 4P. Actually, the Master Pro has 4800 W, (8P).

If you were happy with the EX30, then that may be the best wheel for you for now. If not, the Master Pro may or may not help. The Master Pro has more battery branches in parallel, but the EX30 has the C40 motor. You need to speak to people who own one, or better yet, ride one yourself.

EDIT:

I got it wrong; the Extreme 30 also has 3600 Wh battery.

For braking torque, both the EX30 and the Extreme 30 should be about the same then.

Edited by techyiam

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

The Extreme or Extreme 30 only has 2400 Wh (4P), and the Extreme 30 and EX30 have the C40 motors. The EX30 has 3600 Wh, 6P.

It's my understanding the Extreme 30 will also have 3600wh.  It's an Extreme with larger battery packs.

2 minutes ago, Paradox said:

It's my understanding the Extreme 30 will also have 3600wh.  It's an Extreme with larger battery packs.

Thanks, my bad. It said so in the first post of the Extreme 30 thread.

I didn't expect that since this implies the EX30 will have an extremely short lifespan.

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

It's an Extreme with larger battery packs.

And the tire size is different (12 inch rim/"16 inch" tire for the Extreme, 14 inch rim/"20 inch" tire for this). So it's not an Extreme with a bigger battery (= "small" tire with big 3600Wh battery). It's an EX30 successor that is built like the Extreme.

Extreme 30.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Thanks, my bad. It said so in the first post of the Extreme 30 thread.

You mean this thread? Asking to be sure, with these confusing names:D

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I didn't expect that since this implies the EX30 will have an extremely short lifespan.

With Begode wheels nowadays, one should really order a replacement board and other spare parts right away. Not sure how long they will be available when wheels are replaced left and right.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if the extreme 30 will share the most defining design (imo) of the EX30 which is its lower battery boxes and center of gravity. The lower batteries made the EX30 super easy to ride even for fairly new riders who have never ridden a 100lbs wheel before. It took absolutely no adjustment period for me to hop on the EX30. If the extreme 30 has a lower center of gravity as well, then the EX30 is as good as obsolete once the extreme 30 comes out. It'll do everything better with a smart bms and better build quality

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I wonder if the extreme 30 will share the most defining design (imo) of the EX30 which is its lower battery boxes and center of gravity.

If the Extreme has 130mm travel as advertised it will be at least 30mm higher everywhere compared to the EX30.

I do wonder if the Extreme is more of an 'off-road EX30' rather than a direct replacement. And if it is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually a dollop more than 30mm higher given the very low clearance of the EX on full compression which IMO is a genuine consideration if using the EX off-road (which I personally don't).

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Will this still happen, or is it superseded by the ET MAX already?

This is probably it, although I could see as a guess 3600Wh in the future. This is not far off the original post. Perhaps the 50S allowing to go deeper into the battery is considered equivalent to 3600Wh seen in the older wheels? This does have better travel suspension and can be used both as a trails and road cruiser. I imagine specs are never set in stone and change over time anyway, but time will tell.