Begode Extreme 30 incoming...

Commander Pro, EX30, and now EXTREME 30, another attempt to dethrone the mighty Sherman-S? 

The Extreme 30 is a 2024 wheel. 

Smart BMS, and IP67 rating, I like the direction that Begode is heading.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

In 2024, for 20" or other flagship wheels, if the wheel does not have Smart BMS and decent waterproofing, it will look outdated. 

We just need to brace for the price-increae impact. :)

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Extreme 30... not to be confused with the EX30 or the Extreme;)

What it is: a better built version of the EX30, with Extreme build quality (I suppose).

What it should have been with that name: an Extreme with 3600Wh battery!! And here I was hoping Begode would start the era of "small" tire (16 inch), big battery (3600+Wh) wheels. But it's just another 20 incher.

Oh well, it surely will go fast.

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Specs: 136V, 130mm Suspension, Smart BMS, 3600Wh, IP67, 20" wheel. The ultimate cruiser/trail wheel. Predicted shipping starting Jan 24.

Is 136v a misprint?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Is 136v a misprint?

Yes. The next possible higher voltage would be 138.6V (4.2V more than 134.4V), and it doesn't make much sense on its own, and also the 3600Wh battery size would have to be different then. So this is a 134.4V wheel like all the others.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I was hoping Begode would start the era of "small" tire (16 inch), big battery (3600+Wh) wheels

The biggest advantage of the 16'' wheels is their agility, not much of that would be left if they got saddled with a huge 3.6kWh battery. 

Can the Extreme Pro be close too?

Edited by Paradox

10 hours ago, Clem604 said:

Begode is really running with this EXTREME branding. I'll be interested in this and whatever the updated Sherman-S looks like.

For 2024, the 20" market segment is looking up:

(1) Begode Extreme 30

(2) Inmotion Adventure 20" version.

(3) Inmotion Challenger 20" version.

(4) Veteran Sherman S (will update for 2024? Lots of pressure coming from the above wheels)

(5) Extreme Bull.  They will mirror whatever Sherman S does.

Having ridden the V13 briefly, I liked the way it rides. Also, I like the way it's built, and the safety features. I look forward to these wheels.

It's looking like Inmotion is taking most seriously building electric wheels that are more motor vehicle like, in quality and design. And Veteran is close behind.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

Just now, techyiam said:

For 2024, for the 20" market segment, it's looking up:

(1) Begode Extreme 30

(2) Inmotion Adventure 20" version.

(3) Inmotion Challenger 20" version.

(4) Veteran Sherman S (will update for 2024? Lots of pressure coming from the above wheels)

(5) Extreme Bull.  They will mirror whatever Sherman S does.

Having ridden the V13 briefly, I liked the way it rides. Also, I like the way it's built, and the safety features. I look forward to these wheels.

It's looking like Inmotion is taking most seriously building electric wheels that are more motor vehicle like, in quality and design. And Veteran is close behind.

Don't forget the Extreme Bull Commander GT.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Don't forget the Extreme Bull Commander GT.

Thanks. Fixed.

(It is a Commander Mini with a 20" wheel. And I didn't gel with the Commander Mini. So I am not that excited. However, it seems to be a great value. The build quality looked nice too, other than having the motor and controller from the Master.)

On 8/24/2023 at 12:52 PM, Paradox said:

Can the Extreme Pro be close too?

I hope so. They've already made a handful Master Pro's with the 20" tire/C40 motor from the EX30. Now if they made a 22" tire C40 motor, 4800wh battery, Extreme styling with 130mm of suspension travel.

TAKE MY DAMN MONEY NOW

• Like 2

The current huge problem Begode has is their kill switch bug. They sent a warning to dealers to ask customers to not update the firmware as the use of the kill switch on ALL their current 134V machines can cause motherboard failure. PSA was sent out 8-26, still waiting on a fix

7 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

The current huge problem Begode has is their kill switch bug. They sent a warning to dealers to ask customers to not update the firmware as the use of the kill switch on ALL their current 134V machines can cause motherboard failure. PSA was sent out 8-26, still waiting on a fix

Apparently they already pushed put a new firmware to fix this issue. I'd love it if begode would actually test out their firmware updates before just sending it out...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

the use of the kill switch on ALL their current 134V machines can cause motherboard failure

How can you fuck up that badly?! Unbelievable.

5 hours ago, alcatraz said:

EX30 and Extreme 30, that's not confusing at all! :D

I'm excited for the wheels that will be for sale when people upgrade to these latest wheels. :lol:

It's going to be insane. It's a great time to be in the market for a new or used wheel. I mean, I paid $3800 for my ex30 and they're selling them for $2899 now. You can get a master pro v2 for less than what I paid for my ex30... 

My only concern is how will build quality and quality control be affected. Build quality has gone up significantly but we all know ALL euc manufacturers lack in QC... Now that begode has set a precedent for how cheap we can get the wheels, will the manufacturers start cutting corners to increase their profits? The latest batch of wheels seem fine as they were probably designed with full retail value in mind, for example EX30 for $3800, but what about the new wheels?

• Like 1

I'm super excited for this wheel. The main issue I had with the EX30 was the lower battery boxes. It's no fun having to be mindful of bonking curbs. 

If they can truly deliver a wheel with those specs and the Extreme design, I'll be in line to buy one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trailless said:

My only concern is how will build quality and quality control be affected.

A: "Don't worry, this wheel has Extreme build quality."

B: "It has extreme build quality?"

A: "No, not extreme build quality, Extreme build quality. You know, like the Extreme."

B: "Oh..." *board fries due to firmware bug*

(Sorry, I could not resist the pun.)

• Haha 2

Now that the Extreme demos are out in the wild, it appears that the first impressions and reviews have been polarizing.

I suppose in the end, to really know, one needs to get an opportunity to test ride one before making a decision.

Or, the next best thing is to wait until vocal owners share their riding and ownership experiences online.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Now that the Extreme demos are out in the wild, it appears that the first impressions and reviews have been polarizing.

I suppose in the end, to really know, one needs to get an opportunity to test ride one before making a decision.

Or, the next best thing is to wait until vocal owners share their riding and ownership experiences online.

Great thing is that they'll fine tune everything about this design style with the extreme and, hopefully, copy it over to the extreme 30.  

I'm so close to buying a master pro, insane price of $3200 new, but I think I'll hold off for the extreme 30. 

I feel the only reason they're tanking prices on these wheels is that they're about to release a whole new batch sooner than we expected. 

2 hours ago, trailless said:

I feel the only reason they're tanking prices on these wheels is that they're about to release a whole new batch sooner than we expected. 

I share a different opinion.

Based on recent first impression videos and some online chatter, and the selling prices at eucdeals.com, it seems to me Begode is doing what Begode does best. That is to build a wheel to a price point and tries to look good in things that they want to promote, but at the expense of basically all other areas, with non-existence QC.

ie. the construction of the tail light was hard to believe. It was as if toy makers are still employed at Begode.

Even Chooch gave the Extreme a thumbs down.