When will Begode make a 168V wheel?

31 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

So now that all the manufacturers are producing 126-134V wheels what are the odds Begode will be releasing a 168V wheel very shortly?

That would certainly put a cat amongst the pigeons.

it's also about time, no new wheels from Begone in 3 weeks? c'mon, people are getting bored and in frustration writing bad jokes..😋..  why not 201.6 volts?  lets see, but packs will be heavy 🙄

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

How about a 100kg 400V wheel??

signal-2020-07-23-095512.gif.2948f88b97e2684288764544f00eb39a.gif

giphy.gif

I hope that 100kg 400V wheel can fly... Then maybe yes? (By fly - i mean literally fly.. Not to ride on ground.)

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

Well this is useful isn't it ? Yes, no, yes, no, yes, and now this thread is yet another meme dump ! :)

It would be good if people laid out their reasons for the yes or no-ness...

What does more voltage get us, other than heavier ? Do we need actually more speed and torque than we already have ? I would argue on the no side, primarily because wind and drag agree with me, but would be interested to read the reasons to the contrary...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Well this is useful isn't it ? Yes, no, yes, no, yes, and now this thread is yet another meme dump ! :)

It would be good if people laid out their reasons for the yes or no-ness...

What does more voltage get us, other than heavier ? Do we need actually more speed and torque than we already have ? I would argue on the no side, primarily because wind and drag agree with me, but would be interested to read the reasons to the contrary...

Yes.

You already said. Aside from more efficient motors. There are no real gains. I don't want more heavy wheels. Simply for more range and more speed, which are useless anyways. Riding everyday for 200km on EUC? Get a car...

Edited by Funky

i have a sincere wish to see where the voltage race end.  I remember my first electric screwdriver (to assemble PC), it was 3.6 volt and did its job .. slowly but steady. Nevertheless, 3 months later it was already next gen and 7.2 volt, and what a speed, really this upgrade cut the computer assembly time by 20% . The price was a heavier tool.  I am pretty sure Begode will come up with something 168 volts soon.  Not because anyone need it, but because they can do it 😁

42 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

powerful enough wheel that can never be over leaned

will not exist in a begode, all wheels can be overleaned near the top speed, only way to prevent this is to enforce tiltback significantly before actual top speed which begode won't do.

Edited by chanman

If they can put 220v in a simple object such as a wall surely they should be able to put 220v in a much more advanced eletronical device such as a wheel, it's not rocket science we're talking about.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chanman said:

As long as people want to go faster I think we will see more cells put in series. 40S is certainly doable. Do people want to go faster than 55mph though?

i would think riders would want to eliminate or have more explicit control over how cutouts are initiated, ...

• Like 1

all wheels can be overleaned near the top speed

Not when the top speed is only limited by wind resistance and physically being able to stay on the wheel rather than lack of power.

It will happen soon enough. We are not far from it. May take new battery tech which is a couple of years away. Maybe a little longer.

I won't want to go that fast and most don't but never needing to worry about hard acceleration, wind, inclines or battery level sounds very nice. Even if you don't go over 40Mph.

will not exist in a begode, all wheels can be overleaned near the top speed, only way to prevent this is to enforce tiltback significantly before actual top speed which begode won't do.

if you produce a wheel with a top speed so high that it will be impossible to reach that speed, then one of the cutout possibilities is eliminated.   Btw, how fast will it ever be possible to ride an EUC?

• Like 1

And here MY BIG ASS 280lbs riding 18xl without any problems.. Most people need to lay back and stop accelerating so fast. :rolleyes: Even if you make wheels 2/3x times more powerful. Give anyone enough power and they still will overpower them.

Do most start their ride going 1-30mph speeds fast as possible? :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

168v+ gets into fairly serious high voltage handling skills.

A belt off a 100v wheel isn't exactly pleasant by any means.

Given most people struggle to change a tyre, I would suggest removing a top cover should be done with a lot of caution.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Planemo said:

168v+ gets into fairly serious high voltage handling skills.

A belt off a 100v wheel isn't exactly pleasant by any means.

Given most people struggle to change a tyre, I would suggest removing a top cover should be done with a lot of caution.

:D How hard is not to touch "live" wires.. And not cross streams..

Also most (at least good design) have a plastic connector protecting pins.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to When will Begode make a 168V wheel?