16x 2023 refresh: inverted pads silly?

ninogui

16X 2023 refresh:

Can anyone make sense of why the pads are applied opposite to what it should be sticking in your knees..? (maybe they work when your face is on the pavement already lol)

has someone reinvented the "wheel" or am I missing something ?
I know some people who didn´t buy just because of this - on the 18xl they´re ok, even more baffling, can´t believe full batches of this where made.

347403467_631069868946404_5422868509098012356_n.jpg

30 minutes ago, Leionar27 said:

don't tell me that , I just bought one ks 16x 2023 haha

Normally i'm gonna receive it this week , so I will tell here if it's really annoying or not

Rocket science perhaps... well a knife will do it! no one takes responsability as usual.

• Like 1

a knife or just buy new side pads , I believe they are not so expensive.

I never had power pads on my wheels (or any kind of pads) so it didn't came to my mind they are bad designed when I purchased the ks 16x. At least I'm gonna have these honeycomb pedals.

To be honest , I have chosen 2023 refresh just to have the last batch of the wheel for more reliability and I hope better sillicone sealing

Edited by Leionar27
  • Like 1

They are not useless, they are counter productive and hard to beat Kingsong stupidity and they are an embarrassment to Kingsong and also interfere with riding. :facepalm:
Unbelievable that they have really produced this. Actually, one should not buy from such a company that has not even understood the meaning of Power-Pads. 

Unfortunately, however, all manufacturers have a steady stream of such missteps. 

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Not the pads is the big problem. Does anyone knows what battery cells are used in these new KS16X and KS18XL? Some say, Kingsong changed the proven Samsung 35E cells for LG (MJ1something). This change the reliability of these wheels, which are now living from the past legend. More reliable? I don’t think so. Cheaper (battery cells) is better (for chinese manufacturers). In the past Inmotion app, which had still the social media features, when users/clients asked publicly Inmotion officials why V11 or V12 or V10 etc. has this or that problems and how can be fixed, the answer was “Buy another wheel!”. Very convenient for them: not to honor the warranty and ask for more profit for them. Now they removed the social media features from the updated app so the problems can’t surface to the public and eliminate the obligation to answer. The other EUC companies, I think didn’t have in the first place such social media features in their apps. Nobody speaks about the cells used in the wheels and the chinese don’t want to disclose what shit they are overpriced selling.

Edited by Dan48

16 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

They are not useless, they are counter productive and hard to beat Kingsong stupidity. No, not useless, they are an embarrassment to Kingsong and also interfere with riding. :facepalm:
Unbelievable that they have really produced this. Actually, one should not buy from such a company that has not even understood the meaning of Power-Pads. 

Unfortunately, however, all manufacturers have a steady stream of such missteps. 

As an extra bonus, it seems that, despite the age of the wheel on the market, nothing has been learned about the fact that you still more or less automatically have to destroy the "side pads" when you have to remove the side shield to change tires. The screws are hidden under the cover that can hardly be removed without damaging it... how nice it would be to have a couple of open holes to access the screws...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't even torn my pads on 18xl.. You just have to remove first time very carefully and use some kind "double sided tape" once on them. Afterwards you can't even tear them apart if you tried.. As the tape holds them together.

IDK how you destroy them.... Mine are the same as they where first day. And i have removed them over 8 times already. Again - you need to put some king tape under them, so they don't tear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

I haven't even torn my pads on 18xl.. You just have to remove first time very carefully and use some kind "double sided tape" once on them. Afterwards you can't even tear them apart if you tried.. As the tape holds them together.

IDK how you destroy them.... Mine are the same as they where first day. And i have removed them over 8 times already. Again - you need to put some king tape under them, so they don't tear.

i know - sort of ;-)   .  But it's still stupid to cover screw holes with some self-adhesive stuff. One could almost suspect Kingsong that it is an attempt to block off a possible path for water to enter... what do I know.  And just because you can look at a video of how to peel off the covers, there is still no precise way to show exactly where the screw holes are hidden.

3 hours ago, Robse said:

i know - sort of ;-)   .  But it's still stupid to cover screw holes with some self-adhesive stuff. One could almost suspect Kingsong that it is an attempt to block off a possible path for water to enter... what do I know.  And just because you can look at a video of how to peel off the covers, there is still no precise way to show exactly where the screw holes are hidden.

On my old school 16x, I took a nail and poked small holes in the pads.  Now I can slip a small screw driver in thru the holes to remove the outer shell and the screws are retained.   No more worrying about spilling screws and having to crawl around on the floor looking for them! 😀

The nail holes are small and neat.   I do not think they detract from the overall look of the wheel.  10/10 would do it this way again.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dan48 said:

Not the pads is the big problem. Does anyone knows what battery cells are used in these new KS16X and KS18XL? Some say, Kingsong changed the proven Samsung 35E cells for LG (MJ1something). This change the reliability of these wheels, which are now living from the past legend. More reliable? I don’t think so. Cheaper (battery cells) is better (for chinese manufacturers). In the past Inmotion app, which had still the social media features, when users/clients asked publicly Inmotion officials why V11 or V12 or V10 etc. has this or that problems and how can be fixed, the answer was “Buy another wheel!”. Very convenient for them: not to honor the warranty and ask for more profit for them. Now they removed the social media features from the updated app so the problems can’t surface to the public and eliminate the obligation to answer. The other EUC companies, I think didn’t have in the first place such social media features in their apps. Nobody speaks about the cells used in the wheels and the chinese don’t want to disclose what shit they are overpriced selling.

Where did u hear about this battery changing ?

Edited by Leionar27

19 hours ago, Leionar27 said:

Where did u hear about this battery changing ?

I asked multiple dealers in Europe, by email. One didn’t answer, another told me (“I’m sorry but we don’t know exactly what cells are inside. It can be LG or Samsung or Panasonic or Sanyo”). Just one dealer threw me a bone (“Hello Dan! Thank you for contacting us! Unfortunately, the factory doesn't always tell us about such details, but the last time we checked it was LG MJ1. As for the changes, not particularly significant like the ones you mentioned, most of them are cosmetic in nature (pedals or pads). Best regards,”).

So, like for 95% of wheels we don’t know what cells we are buying, so that in case of failure, to not buy in the future wheels with those unreliable, but overpriced sold battery cells. This practice should be made illegal: selling products with unknown critical (for safety) components.

In conclusion, for new (2023) KS18XL we are not sure they have the former proven Samsung 35E battery cells, that made this wheel be considered the most reliable. We just have for now: “last time we checked it was LG MJ1”.

I can’t give names of the dealers, I still want to receive answers to my questions and maybe buy a wheel (if I can know what cells am I buying). Anyways, the fault of hiding the cells used in the wheels is at chinese manufacturers, the resellers being just caught in the middle.

1 hour ago, Dan48 said:

In conclusion, for new (2023) KS18XL we are not sure they have the former proven Samsung 35E battery cells, that made this wheel be considered the most reliable. We just have for now: “last time we checked it was LG MJ1”.

KS have been using both Samsung and LG cells for years, my end 2019 18XL uses LG cells, while the 16S from the same period uses Samsung. AFAIK there is nothing wrong with the MJ1 cells.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dan48 said:

Samsung 35E battery cells, that made this wheel be considered the most reliable.

Disregarding maybe Begode’s 900Wh packs, battery issues haven’t seemed to be a major aspect in making a wheel model reliable or not. I think more often than batteries it’s something else that fails in wheels that are less reliable.

On 6/8/2023 at 8:27 PM, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

They are not useless, they are counter productive and hard to beat Kingsong stupidity and they are an embarrassment to Kingsong and also interfere with riding. :facepalm:

Has anyone seen these pads on a real wheel which is not just a picture?

1 hour ago, Mono said:

Has anyone seen these pads on a real wheel which is not just a picture?

Me ! I have a ks 16x 2023 refresh since a few days, Like I said , it's useless. they are bothering me more than anything else.

Edited by Leionar27
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Hello friends,
I received my KS16X 1554Wh 2023, and I have the impression that they changed the motor.
Here's the new part number engraved on the motor : KS-16-WT2000W
On my old 16X 1554Wh : KS-16H-ZX2200W  
Can you tell me if it's the same for you?
Thanks 

On 7/19/2023 at 5:59 PM, FredC4D said:

Hello friends,
I received my KS16X 1554Wh 2023, and I have the impression that they changed the motor.
Here's the new part number engraved on the motor : KS-16-WT2000W
On my old 16X 1554Wh : KS-16H-ZX2200W  
Can you tell me if it's the same for you?
Thanks 

Do u think they gave u a 2000w motor ?

Edited by Leionar27
  • Upvote 1

I don't know, the WT part number indicates another motor manufacturer, I've written an e-mail to Kingsong France, they must inform me.
On my old 16X WX2200W the motor scraped up to about 25 km/h after which the glide was smooth as a Begode, on the new motor the glide is smooth from start-up.
In terms of torque and acceleration, I have the impression that it's the same, or perhaps even better.
The unladen speed of my old 16X was 72 km/h and the new one 65 km/h.

15 hours ago, FredC4D said:

I don't know, the WT part number indicates another motor manufacturer, I've written an e-mail to Kingsong France, they must inform me.
On my old 16X WX2200W the motor scraped up to about 25 km/h after which the glide was smooth as a Begode, on the new motor the glide is smooth from start-up.
In terms of torque and acceleration, I have the impression that it's the same, or perhaps even better.
The unladen speed of my old 16X was 72 km/h and the new one 65 km/h.

ok keep us informed !

• 2 weeks later...

I went for a ride on my KS 16X. Had my Pebble watch connected to EUC World.

For the first time I noticed that my watch vibrated whenever I got up to 15-16 mph.  The vibration stops when riding over that speed and the wheel rides as normal. My maximum speed setting is 30mph.  Wondering if this is a new feature for speed warning on EUC World?

41 minutes ago, Pengloong said:

Wondering if this is a new feature for speed warning on EUC World?

If any of your alarms are set to be 'pre-alarms' as EUC World calls them then they just vibrate the phone or other device rather than giving you the full beeps.

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

If any of your alarms are set to be 'pre-alarms' as EUC World calls them then they just vibrate the phone or other device rather than giving you the full beeps.

That is why I mentioned my max (pre-alarm) speed was set at 30mph. Still, the phone vibrates at 15-16 mph. ??????