Street Tire Options for 12 inch rim? (T4, Patton, Extreme, V12, S16, 16x, V14, Commander mini++)

Poker

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Would love to hear successful stories, and on which wheel?

I wish my memory was better, but I do recall some wheel fitting a 90/90. No idea what it was though…

Edited by mrelwood

Ok letts add info, I have a T4v1 with the v2+ motor fix and new controller (inc the new controller box)and the v2+ suspension spacer for the knobby tyre, it has a 90/90-12 city grip on it. It did require spacers to push out the battery boxes as it has the v1 battery boxes that are plastic and has the lumps on the inside(bms board lumps afaik).

It does lightly rub on the sides of the tyre with the aluminium suspension housing around the wheel(aka what the motor is bolted to). With a shave of the tyre I think I can get rid of that but it does not appear to be a problem.

They dont import 80/90-12 city grip here in Australia but that or the 70/90-12 would be better fits from what I can ascertain.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, onewheelkoregro said:

any 16 x 3 street tire will fit?

Surely. 16x3 tires are bicycle tires, and are generally smaller than the motorcycle tires the EUCs come with nowadays. Especially MC knobbies.

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2023 at 2:48 PM, onewheelkoregro said:

Just like the title says. I am probably going to get a suspension wheel with my end of year bonus. Probably will get an extreme but want to swap it out for a street tire. I know it comes stock with the same tire as a T4 so any 16 x 3 street tire will fit?

ChaoYang H626 3.00-12 is a good street tire.  I run it on my Patton.  It should fit the Extreme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 5:38 AM, jimjam.nyc said:

The H626 so far is pretty good. It is very maneuverable and sticks to the road quite nicely. I cant speak of durability since I just put it on, but so far I really like it. 

Do you think the Chao Yang H626 will fit on the V12 (HS)?

42 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Do you think the Chao Yang H626 will fit on the V12 (HS)?

Honestly not sure. The 666 fits fine, so if they are similar in dimensions it should be ok. 

The Patton does have some more breathing room in the tire well though. So it will prob be tight, but may work out on

• Thanks 1

After searching a lot I found this tire that might fit a V14. 

Heidenau K58 Snowtex 90/90 -12 54M

4027694161868_11160186.jpg.7dda63492d48d28fea12be3a66abcfaa.jpg

It was listed as a Snowtex tire yet called it summer tire still. 

I am trying to find something that match Heidenau K66 but is isn't made in a 12"x3" and I don't a 12-110/70 would fit as it is an option in the K66 line. 

13 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am trying to find something that match Heidenau K66 but is isn't made in a 12"x3" and I don't a 12-110/70 would fit as it is an option in the K66 line. 

Have you looked into the Chao Yang H626?  It has a tread pattern that has some similarities to the K66.  It is the street tire that eWheels put on the Patton.  I like it quite well on the Patton.  It carves well and has less train tracking than the CY H666 that I have on my 16X.

3 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I like it quite well on the Patton.

If you don't mind my asking, how is the stability of the Patton shod with the H626 tire at speeds up to 45 mph? 

Have you experienced wobbles on the H626, especially during hard braking?

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

If you don't mind my asking, how is the stability of the Patton shod with the H626 tire at speeds up to 45 mph? 

I haven't personally taken it above 42mph.  It hasn't wobbled on me at speed, but I find the wheel to be twitchy at that speed.  Any change in arm position or crosswind is immediately noticeable.  I find it less prone to braking wobbles than my 16x with the H666.  I regularly brake aggressively and it feels very stable.  I run between 36 - 42 psi.  

On long high speed sweepers, I occassionally feel some  little wobbles which seems to be due to the spacing between the tread pattern on edge and perhaps something to do with the subtle suspension loading and unloading on uneven road surfaces. I definitely feel the suspension moving while it is happening. It is generally very subtle and never bad.  When it happens I just stay relaxed and let it happen through the turn.  Perhaps better suspension tuning or wearing down the side tread a little would reduce this.  I do the same corners at 30mph on my 16x w/ H666 without issue.  

Overall though I am really liking the H626.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2024 at 9:16 AM, techyiam said:

I went out the other day with a 20 mph tailwind and easily hit 44mph without trying. I was hold 40-ish mph for several minutes at a time. The H626 was rock solid.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I went out the other day with a 20 mph tailwind and easily hit 44mph without trying. I was hold 40-ish mph for several minutes at a time. The H626 was rock solid.  

Thank you.

That's really good to hear.

The H626 sounds like my kind of tire. :) 

To see a 16" tire and "rock solid" at 40-ish mph in the same sentence is fantastic.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 2:33 AM, Unventor said:

I don't think it would fit V14 or any other 12" rim wheel, as it 3.50 inch tire if convert from metric

On 1/10/2024 at 7:23 AM, jimjam.nyc said:

Honestly not sure. The 666 fits fine, so if they are similar in dimensions it should be ok. 

The Patton does have some more breathing room in the tire well though. So it will prob be tight, but may work out on

Could you be so kind to take a quick couple of measurements using a measuring tape of the overall width and overall diameter of your Chao Yang H626 tire?

My guess is that the overall width should be close to 3".

And the overall diameter should be a touch over 18".

In order to fit on the V12 (HS), the overall diameter cannot be over 18.5".

Thanks.

Edited by techyiam