To buy or not; Begode Monster Pro

Robse

I have been offered a "new" Begode Monster Pro. Less than 100 km - i.e. actually "new" It actually suits me fine because I need a wheel with a better range than 16X / 19RS, preferably at least 120 km without having to speculate too much about cutouts due to low power. And no suspension either, and large wheel diameter - all in all it looks good.  But after various tests and talking back and forth, I'm completely in doubt, and I'm hoping for some input here, not from Begode haters or lovers, but people with practical experience with that wheel. Help :unsure:

Edited by Robse
stavefejl ;-)

1 hour ago, Robse said:

But after various tests and talking back and forth, I'm completely in doubt

If it looks good on paper, what is it that makes you doubt after testing it out?

19 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

If it looks good on paper, what is it that makes you doubt after testing it out?

durability, known upcoming problems, things to watch out for, it's an old wheel, not in production anymore, will spare parts become a problem? realistic range based on real experience .  Everything that actual owners of this wheel knows 😁

I still love my Monster Pro, I'm amazed how the wheel doesn't get more attention.. the 24" wheel is the largest euc and actually acts like it has a suspension. I put a proper Michelin tire on it, and its an amazing long distance, fast nimble wheel. It weighs as much as the Veteran Patton and has 3600wh battery! Buy it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Robse said:

I need a wheel with a better range than 16X

MP24 is a great value right now, we're seeing good-used-condition examples selling for USD2000, amazing for a 3600wh machine. 

It's double the range of 16X (if ridden the same route at the same speed). 

4 hours ago, Robse said:

things to watch out for

They're reliable, unless you crash them :) 

If you ride too aggressively (35mph+) for too long, it will overheat and beep at you. So take a break, it'll cool down, no harm.

And the rim is vulnerable to road hazards (potholes), so stay vigilant while riding.

Spare parts are currently available, and should remain so for at least another year. 

6 hours ago, Robse said:

practical experience with that wheel

MP24 excels at seated riding on smooth surfaces. Seated carving is its niche. 

It's big and heavy and doesn't want to accelerate or brake. "The freight train." Plan accordingly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

why not get the many used shermans that are popping up on marketplace?

Same price (if not cheaper)

much more durable, parts are still being produced

3200wh will still give plenty of range

lighter than monster pro

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Murdomeek said:

why not get the many used shermans that are popping up on marketplace?

Same price (if not cheaper)

much more durable, parts are still being produced

3200wh will still give plenty of range

lighter than monster pro

No Shermans for sale where i live (Denmark) - i don't like the Sherman display control panel.

Wheels are like your girlfriends. When asked, what kind of girlfriends you like? You will have all kinds of specifications. But when you meet the right one, all specifications don't matter. The only questions need answers are: 1) Can I fuck her or in this case ride her? 2) Can she be a long time companion or how long I can ride with her? 3) Is she good in bed or how well this wheel can perform? :roflmao:

• Haha 2

Monster pro rim can handle many many different motorcycle tires making it a pleasure to be able to get so many different ride experiences from one wheel should you choose. The monster pro being hollow bore means it’s much smoother then a Sherman and the much taller tire means it absorbs irregularities much better. Of all the non suspension wheels you’ll ride the MPro is the only one you’ll feel at home on the road with because of its massive stability. 

• Thanks 1