EUC World - where is the source and how to upload a tour

I am a total fan of EUC World. Been looking for a way to edit a tour and upload it to the online service but have not found a way to do so.  Wanted to look at the code to see if I would propose a pull request but the 2 projects listed under Serb’s GitHub accounts seem to have not been touched for 3 years. 
Any clue?

AFAIK tours are automatically uploaded in near-time if you have a premium account. I recall watching some tours take place on the website as they happened.

Perhaps be more specific as to your objective with the codebase changes?

Cheers,

3 hours ago, sbb said:

AFAIK tours are automatically uploaded in near-time if you have a premium account. I recall watching some tours take place on the website as they happened.

Perhaps be more specific as to your objective with the codebase changes?

The issue I have is that I sometimes:

a/ forget to finish my tour before climbing in a car, which then completely messes up the stats

b/ sometimes had to restart the phone which then splits a single tour into 2 

and thus would love to be able to edit the tour data and then upload that.

Thanks,

Nick

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

Afaik EUCW is no open source project.

Since there were references to forking a GPL project, I imagined that this would have made EUC World GPL too.  I just searched for a license and found the terms of use, which indeed confirms that it is not open source. Too bad…

4 hours ago, nijaba said:

Since there were references to forking a GPL project, I imagined that this would have made EUC World GPL too.  I just searched for a license and found the terms of use, which indeed confirms that it is not open source. Too bad…

The first version(s) of EUCW were based on a fork of a gpl project. @Seba managed this project some time.

By now it's completely rewritten and an independent project.

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

The first version(s) of EUCW were based on a fork of a gpl project. @Seba managed this project some time.

By now it's completely rewritten and an independent project.

Ah, ok, clear now. Too bad, I would have loved to contribute what I could.

7 hours ago, nijaba said:

Ah, ok, clear now. Too bad, I would have loved to contribute what I could.

I assume wheellog (the open source eucw "predecessor") is still active? Or at least it was not too long ago.

There should be possibilities to contribute?

Edited by Chriull

On 4/30/2023 at 6:31 AM, nijaba said:

a/ forget to finish my tour before climbing in a car, which then completely messes up the stats

Your distance, while-riding, and energy consumption stats are not updated when there is no EUC connected.
So it's not so awful, to have some 70mph GPS-only data at the end of a log... just makes an annoying extra path plotted on the map. 

On 4/30/2023 at 6:31 AM, nijaba said:

b/ sometimes had to restart the phone which then splits a single tour into 2 

This is handled nicely- if you're nearby the location where the previous tour was interrupted, you can select to resume it, in the menu when starting the tour again. 

On 4/29/2023 at 7:47 PM, nijaba said:

edit a tour and upload it to the online service

A few years ago, EUC World's server included a function to convert a log to a tour, which therefore permitted manual editing of the log data before uploading. Seb removed it though, because it would allow people to upload fake data and cheat the user rankings for speed, distance, etc. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 7:10 AM, Marty Backe said:

WheelLog is vastly more primitive than EUC World. Given our limited time on this planet it would be a shame to waste any of it on WheelLog :D

Sorry, but I don't agree with that. I'm a little sad to read something like that. Although Euc world may be more comprehensive, it's still a bit of a complex system.

While I appreciate what Seba does for the community, I'm not too fond of the fact that it's a software whose source code is not available.

WheelLog deserves credit for offering the essentials without unnecessary features. Even though I know that these aspects only concern those who know how to code at least a little bit, I'm glad to be able to look at the source code to verify how certain values are calculated or think about integrating new features!

On 4/30/2023 at 12:31 PM, nijaba said:

If you're using automatic tour recording, you can set that tour recording will be automatically finished after wheel is disconnected.

@SebaHope it's not too offtopic, but could you tell which of the latest big suspension wheels (V13, Sherman S, Patton, EX30, Commander Pro etc) are compatible with potentially quite useful "Enforce regulatory compliance" feature in EUC World? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 11:57 AM, superox said:

@SebaHope it's not too offtopic, but could you tell which of the latest big suspension wheels (V13, Sherman S, Patton, EX30, Commander Pro etc) are compatible with potentially quite useful "Enforce regulatory compliance" feature in EUC World? Thanks!

2nd that request 👍

And also if its possible to implement in Standard veteran Sherman (not working at the moment) by for example changing the built in tilt back setting to lower speed value.

On 5/10/2023 at 11:57 AM, superox said:

"Enforce regulatory compliance" should work in EX30 and Commander Pro, as with any other Begode wheel. It also works with all King Song wheels, including S18 and S22, it also should work with upcoming S19. Support for V13 needs some additional data and testing, but should be added soon.

6 hours ago, Boogieman said:

And also if its possible to implement in Standard veteran Sherman (not working at the moment) by for example changing the built in tilt back setting to lower speed value.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do. This is because Veteran wheels doesn't support setting tiltback speed / speed limit over Bluetooth. You can only set it thru onboard panel (LCD & buttons). I have already asked Leaperkim for adding this feature to new firmware updates, but they replied that they can't add more fuctions to the firmware due to MCU FLASH memory constrains. They however wrote that in new wheel models they will use MCU chips with larger FLASH memory, so it would be possible to add such features. So maybe we'll be able to use "Enforce regulatory compliance" with Patton, but it's only a guess.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2023 at 11:14 AM, Seba said:

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do. This is because Veteran wheels doesn't support setting tiltback speed / speed limit over Bluetooth. You can only set it thru onboard panel (LCD & buttons).

I have already asked Leaperkim for adding this feature to new firmware updates, but they replied that they can't add more fuctions to the firmware due to MCU FLASH memory constrains. 

Thanks for the reply @Seba

Another suggestion on Sherman.

As You know I miss the horn function from the built in beeper and i know i asked this before, BUT.

Now i have tested ALL tap actions under gauge and none of them produce a beep.

But changing RIDING MODE does produce a beep, even if changing to the SAME riding mode.

So i can make a beep by changing from hard to hard.

Would this be possible to use as a way around the issue to make the "built in horn" function work from screen/watch tap function?

If its possible to read current mode, that should work :)

FOR HORN: Read current mode, set same mode = single beep.

If not possible to read, it would change riding mode when using horn function LOL (if this even can be done at speed, i never tried but can do next ride)

Edited by Boogieman