Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

I won’t say here who, but people are very frustrated with Begode products. They sell these wheels and they have to provide warranty for them and because they come back with so many issues the costs to repair them are very high and obviously if it costs more to provide warranty for the then what you add on the purchase price then it makes no sense to sell them anymore. I don’t know if I should say this publicly, but that’s the hard truth.

Because of that Begode lately resorts to selling smaller batches with low prices to makeshift sellers that have no company and provide no warranty.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Paul g said:

I won’t say here who, but people are very frustrated with Begode products. They sell these wheels and they have to provide warranty for them and because they come back with so many issues the costs to repair them are very high and obviously if it costs more to provide warranty for the then what you add on the purchase price then it makes no sense to sell them anymore. I don’t know if I should say this publicly, but that’s the hard truth.

Because of that Begode lately resorts to selling smaller batches with low prices to makeshift sellers that have no company and provide no warranty.

Sellers who advertise with "no guarantee" due to low prices etc.  are scammers and fraudsters who try to get away with selling goods, making a profit and then screwing the customer.  There's no such thing as "no warranty" in EU, and if you are selling as a "non company", then it's a private sale, which rarely lasts longer than Customs asks what is going on.    I'm well aware that you're not quite in the EU anymore, but I assume that legislation on that point is hardly that much different in the UK.

I actually don't think there is that much more trouble with Begode wheels than all other products in that category. But there is probably something wrong with consumers who often have a wrong perception of what ordinary use and abuse are. You could, for example, think of riding down stairs.  Would anyone here ride down stairs on a bike? Or with a pram?  If a product is not waterproof, do not ride in the rain.  etc. etc.    Personally, I have had much more trouble with Kingson products than Begode.

The places I have shopped have always behaved completely by the book, and as far as I know there is no talk of dropping Begode...Let rumours be rumours :cheers:

Legal EU:

"When shopping in the EU, Norway, or Iceland, you are always entitled to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you buy the goods online, in a shop, or by mail order. The 2-year guarantee is your minimum right EU-wide."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Robse said:

Legal EU:

"When shopping in the EU, Norway, or Iceland, you are always entitled to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you buy the goods online, in a shop, or by mail order. The 2-year guarantee is your minimum right EU-wide."

This is a very nice "text" but do you know how difficult it is as a consumer to actually use these consumer rights? EUC is an unregulated market, the sellers are not part of a bigger regulated industry, they can get away with most things because they don't have to care, unless you want to take it all the way to court your only hope is that they care about their reputation enough to honor warranties.

I've had this battle with Swedish reseller iwheel/icafe (who sometimes post on this forum) and it led to nowhere because I didn't want to go all the way to court since I had already wasted many hours and a lot of my energy and my well being because reseller didn't want to honor warranty and problems arisen from modifications and mis-services that reseller did, I even won the case at the authority who handles these consumer cases in Sweden (ARN) but their verdict is just a guideline and can not be enforced unless if you turn the whole thing into a long legal battle, I spent almost a year trying to execute my rights that the above is supposed to ensure.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I've had this battle with Swedish reseller      I even won the case at the authority who handles these consumer cases in Sweden (ARN) but their verdict is just a guideline and can not be enforced unless if you turn the whole thing into a long legal battle, I spent almost a year trying to execute my rights that the above is supposed to ensure.

I know.  It's same story in Denmark "op ad bakke:wacko:    so only thing to do and hope for is giving these turds a bad reputation.

11 minutes ago, Robse said:

I know.  It's same story in Denmark "op ad bakke:wacko:    so only thing to do and hope for is giving these turds a bad reputation.

Given that you have shared the identity of these bad shops, and these shops close down, are there good shops left where you can go to?

if some of the readers/posters have confirmed bad experiences at some vendors,  may i suggest the following:

- start a new topic in general discussion about bad vendor experiences

if it already exists,  then i apologize for my redundant suggestion.  its important that we share valid bad experiences to avoid vendors who are incompetent and just plain greedy.  we have to protect ourselves from these pricks who think they can get away with anything.

this makes me remember a bad experience i had with ewheels back in 2019 where i had to return a charger for my T2 which was damaged by FedEX.  i cant remember who i spoke to at ewheels but that person made me feel that it was my fault and that i damaged the charger.   they reluctantly refunded my money and he was saying that they may stop shipping to canada cause of these problems.  in retrospect,  i should have told that person to fuck off and just refund my money.  that was the last time i purchased any thing from that 'reputable' online business.  perhaps they were having a bad day or something but that is no excuse to shit on me.  i buy local now and i will never order anything from that fucking company ever again.

14 minutes ago, bpong said:

this makes me remember a bad experience i had with ewheels back in 2019 where i had to return a charger for my T2 which was damaged by FedEX.  i cant remember who i spoke to at ewheels

Since you bought an electric wheel from a shop in the US, if you don't mind my asking, did you have to pay duty and tax? If you did, how much was the duty?

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Since you bought an electric wheel from a shop in the US, if you don't mind my asking, did you have to pay duty and tax? If you did, how much was the duty?

techyiam,

it was one of their aftermarket chargers with variable settings, not an euc.  i have only purchased 1 euc online and it was from vaneuc in vancouver.  so it was a canadian purchase. no duties and i think the shipping was minimal or free.  cant remember.  and my next euc purchase will be local, probably from smartwheel.

• Like 1

I have this nagging reservation about Inmotion because of those broken pedal screws. As much as I want the inmotion Adventure, I wish there was somebody like Marty Bake, who could do a closer inspection for me. I mean, selling an EUC with fake bolts is just about the most ridiculous thing I can imagine. It makes me wonder, if Inmotion fell victim to industrial sabotage on that one.

Edited by earthtwin
spelling

okay,  so its a topic about broken pedal bolts for the V12.  so how does this implicate the V14 adventure or indicate that the pedal bolts in the V14 are of poor quality ?  one has to be careful in making these remarks without having concrete evidence that show explicitly the V14 has quality control issues with pedal bolts.  this applies to any wheel and any manufacturer...

thank you for providing the link to the topic, i did not see this one, its quite serious...

Edited by bpong
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, bpong said:

thank you for providing the link to the topic, i did not see this one, its quite serious...

I have a V12. The soft bolts are a known issue. I am still using the stock bolts, and they still are still working fine for over 8000 kilometers. 

The V12/HT is a best seller. So many units have been sold. However, this was the only incident that I know of.

• Like 1

It makes me wonder whether or not the breakage was due to loose bolts to begin with.  It is abit of a stretch to have all 4 bolts loose unless they worked themselves loose due to riding...just taking a wild guess...

• Upvote 2

This type of failure is very serious indeed, that's why I would like to see if I could pay somebody like Chooch to test my wheel out for me, perhaps for a fee of like $200 to do the drops and speed test and inspection, then to either pass the Inmotion Adventure along to me or to send it back to Inmotion for warranty work if it fails the inspection. Then I would really have a wheel that I could break loose on.

2 hours ago, bpong said:

one has to be careful in making these remarks without having concrete evidence that show explicitly the V14 has quality control issues with pedal bolts.

I said that it gave me pause, a reservation, to purchase another Inmotion product. There isn't anything wrong with making a remark about my personal feelings.

14 minutes ago, earthtwin said:

I said that it gave me pause, a reservation, to purchase another Inmotion product. There isn't anything wrong with making a remark about my personal feelings.

Agreed.

23 minutes ago, earthtwin said:

This type of failure is very serious indeed, that's why I would like to see if I could pay somebody like Chooch to test my wheel out for me, perhaps for a fee of like $200 to do the drops and speed test and inspection, then to either pass the Inmotion Adventure along to me or to send it back to Inmotion for warranty work if it fails the inspection. Then I would really have a wheel that I could break loose on.

you shouldn't have to pay any rider.  a trail rider who is totally into it would help you out for free.  keep your money for accessories !!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

This is a very nice "text" but do you know how difficult it is as a consumer to actually use these consumer rights?

I can see how there can be difficulties with this. But so far every single time I’ve had an issue with an EU purchase and the seller is not playing ball, just a relevant quote and a link to the consumer rights department’s web page has been enough to turn the tide completely. The last one was a car transmission (on a used car from a dealer) that they asked me to pay 3000€ for. Quote and a link, and suddenly I no longer had to pay anything. (It ended up being the third wrong diagnose from them, so they got off much cheaper after all.)

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I've had this battle with Swedish reseller iwheel/icafe

I’ve heard of some bad experiences with iCafe, but that’s nasty! Sorry that your rights were dismissed like that.

Edited by mrelwood

9 minutes ago, bpong said:

you shouldn't have to pay any rider.  a trail rider who is totally into it would help you out for free.  keep your money for accessories !!!

I really want an Inmotion Adventure. I know that I would just have a blast riding it, and that it would be money well spent. And I could even use it for transportation around town. I wonder how the warranty would go, I mean if somebody helped me test it out to the claims of the launch video and it failed, and the seller knew that Chooch was testing it, would it be problem? I would have to ask ewheels about this, or @Jason McNeil (did he delete his account?) could chime in here. I could understand if eWheels might not honor the warranty repair because the inspection could be excessive.

12 minutes ago, earthtwin said:

would it be problem?

Probably...

Company Code of Practice
We at eWheels continually strive to offer our Customers the best in cutting edge Personal Electric Vehicles with the best overall choice, value, service, & the assurance we’ll be here to support you. As in life, there may be problems or mishaps, our overarching mission is the principle of Fair Dealings for our Customers.

Warranty
The warranty covers this product for one year from the date of purchase and includes the battery pack.  This warranty is limited to what is defined as “normal use” of the product; examples of activities or uses that would void the warranty include: exceeding the weight and/or speed limits (check individual model specifications as weight and speed limits differ); impacts resulting from collision, dropping, or improper use.

If the product is dead-on-arrival, for domestic purchases, we will cover the shipping costs for returning it back us. For other warranty related repairs, the Customer will need to cover the shipping charges to & from our repair center in Tucson, Arizona. For International Customers, because of the high shipping costs for warranty related spare parts, you may need to cover these costs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not a torture test, just a drop test (if I remember correctly Inmotion claimed 1 meter) and a speed test, 43 mph, hard breaking and hard accelerations, climbing a 50 degree hill a few times for about 200 KM. Inmotion boasts some amazing feats of this wheel, so if it is really backed up with a warranty in real life, then I just gotta have it! But even the claims of the launch video invalidate the warranty policy aforementioned.