Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Same here. If portability wasn't an issue for me. (Need to carry it around, not trolleying around..) I think this one would bee a keeper. (At least till teardown videos, then we will see more in detail..) Price also seems decent, for what you get in return. IPX water proof euc, that alone would be a big selling point for some. 

And that's a big complement for Inmotion coming from me.. As i hate almost all euc's ever made - because they all are kind of "shitty". (Problems, dumb design, etc.. Something that makes it shitty.)

Dam i wish they could make something lighter/slower/weaker.. Sub 20kg, max 25kg. Heck remove the suspension even for simplicity and weight savings.  :crying:

funky,

you almost sound happy !!!  have a great weekend coming up !

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, bpong said:

seeing the proposed actual delivery date for V14 orders is dec 2023 - jan 2024,  i will make a decision soon,  once i get to view some actual video reviews of the V14.  while waiting for that to happen,  there will be other wheels coming out hopefully,  and that will provide me and other prospective customers with more models to choose from.  i found the V14 launch abit underwhelming but it does point out some good points about the adventure - nicely equipped suspension,  well thought out design for ease of disassembly, bms, etc,...  there still is time for other new model intros,  should other manufacturers decide to make use of the remaining months of 2023.  its still a great time for customers who are in the search for that next new wheel purchase...

Indeed, but this one will be a hard act to follow as a "whole package". Im also looking at the Kingsong 16x right now because it is rumored to be around 60 pounds, but I can already tell that the Adventure is a superior design overall. If only they could make a version of Adventure that is below 60 pounds, same overall design, just less battery/motor.

37 minutes ago, Funky said:

Me happy? Nah never.. That 39kg weight didn't make me even little bit happy. :D  

I hope they do continue with this design and make a smaller/portable version.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bpong said:

the weight is reasonable and not surprising.

Not surprising, no. But not reasonable either in my books.

3 hours ago, bpong said:

$300 CAD will be the costs of a new pair of quality knee and elbow pads... :blink1::rolleyes::confused1:

Good point. That makes the Adventure the same price as the Patton.

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

They will release an other wheel soon. It might be the lighter variant

It will probably be the V11Y though.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, earthtwin said:

They don’t even say where we can buy one.

Manufacturers never do. You can surely find it in almost all EUC shops when the time comes. And Inmotion’s own web shop as well I’d imagine.

The modular batteries are great! You could buy a set of high-discharge batteries and have the flexibility between range + economy (in terms of cycle life) for commuting and general riding on one hand and max performance for proper adventures on the other. You could even travel with an extra set to swap in the middle of a ride, if you so desire. 

Last but not least, removable batteries are great for safe storage (at least long-time storage) since it's easier to find a small firesafe box for four bricks rather than a whole EUC. This could also help those few who commute with EUC but can neither bring the big dirty EUC to the office, nor park it somewhere downstairs with batteries attached due to company fire safety policies - just bring the batteries in a bag/backpack. Disclaimer: I haven't noticed whether it's that easy to take the batteries off to do it on a daily basis.

The serious IP rating is also wonderful! Not ready to be a super extra very early bird, but in the current market I would go for this wheel over all others (yes, despite the weight -- I would just carry the batteries and pads first, then the wheel, and then the remaining carcass :D)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yoos said:

Disclaimer: I haven't noticed whether it's that easy to take the batteries off to do it on a daily basis.

It's not. You still need to disconnect a cable and unscrew some screws.

14 minutes ago, yoos said:

You could even travel with an extra set to swap in the middle of a ride, if you so desire. 

Where are you gonna store those kilos? In your backpack?

2 hours ago, mtl said:

A video presumably about hands-on time with the V14 below. I can’t understand it, so not sure if it has any new/different info from the launch event.

He says this is one of the first 5 made prototypes with different characteristics, this one being the closest to the production version. 

The wheel accelerates very quickly and brakes well: 25km/h-0 in 4m           15mph-0 in 13 feet

40km/h -0 in 7.5m       25mph-0 in 24 feet

3 modes (first two accessible trough app):

1) Sport, for max performance 

2) Drive, for relaxed ride

3) Parking, cuts the motor(trough Power button)

- 85Km(52miles) range in Sport mode.  

Hight 68cm(26.8’’) x  Length 42cm(16.5’’) x Width 22cm(8.7’’)

2277Wh  Battery capacity

Edit:  All these tests happened in China.

Edited by Paul g
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m super keen, heaps of fun to have with this wheel. I think the travel with progressive spring will be fine, heaps of room to play with perfect suspension set up. 

I really appreciate the extra quality of oil seals, waterproofing, good connectors and modular approach. It is all just designed well and not finished poorly with cheap parts.

Looks the goods and i’m super keen.

I was told no stock in stores this launch month, not sure if that means they are ready to roll next month.

I think i’m still down to get a test wheel soon. 

Pretty excited now. 

Still a fanboy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It will probably be the V11Y though.

And knowing the regular old trusty V11 is around what 27kg? The new V11Y for dam sure will not be lighter.. It's the same thing, only little new bits.. So called "refresh".

Can you even call it "new" wheel? :confused1: It's the same V11.

1 hour ago, BKW said:

This is just one step away from the wheel I really want. This wheel has a IPX6 for the entirely of the wheel. If it was a longer range wheel like 3600Wh or so, that would be my ideal since I do deliveries and would love a waterproof long range wheel. But IPX6 2400Wh is still freaking impressive! This wheel is the first wheel I've been interesting in since the CP was announced. I can't tell you how annoying it is to structure my deliveries around the rainy weather... it sucks. Having a waterproof wheel would be SWEET. The V13 was too big, too expensive, with a smaller battery than I would like, even though it was "waterproof". The V14 is much closer to what I like.

A waterproof wheel is the dream for me, just as long as it's not the A2 lol

Same thing here. I commute to work daily. And sometimes it's in very heavy rain. But i would like 2x smaller battery pack. I would be happy with 500-800Wh pack in general. :D As i charge my 1550Wh wheel only once in 2weeks, when my battery drops down to ~50%. With 800Wh pack i would be good for about ~1 week. (Daily ridding ~5km.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKW said:

If it was a longer range wheel like 3600Wh or so, that would be my ideal since I do deliveries and would love a waterproof long range wheel.

Should the extra fast charging not suffice, there is always the swappable battery pack option, perhaps.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Should the extra fast charging not suffice, there is always the swappable battery pack option, perhaps.

Tbh, I haven’t really looked much into this wheel yet, so there are many things I am unaware of. And to be fair, my ks16x goes 6-7 hours food delivery (not recreationally), which is roughly 1554Wh (?), so have almost 1K extra Wh would probably be all I need. It’s not like I’ll be riding all day in the rain anyway. I’m very keen on this wheel with the little knowledge I have so far

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Unicyclone said:

Where are you gonna store those kilos? In your backpack?

Yes! I am not saying that this is an enjoyable solution or viable regular behavior, but it's a good option for that once-per-year expedition to a remote location in the wild (compared to buying an EUC with a larger battery or some sort of solar charger). You could potentially rent/borrow the packs from an individual/store (it's really unsustainable to own lithium batteries you only charge a few times a year).

9 hours ago, BKW said:

Tbh, I haven’t really looked much into this wheel yet, so there are many things I am unaware of. And to be fair, my ks16x goes 6-7 hours food delivery (not recreationally), which is roughly 1554Wh (?), so have almost 1K extra Wh would probably be all I need. It’s not like I’ll be riding all day in the rain anyway. I’m very keen on this wheel with the little knowledge I have so far

Don't forget it's also 134v compared to old KS16X that has 84v, so it's more efficient. If you would be riding the same speed as on KS16X, i bet you could ride ~10-13 hrs daily.

Edited by Funky

I don't get where people see swappable battery.. Gogoro have electric scooters with swappable batteries. V14 have a slightly faster battery release.. I can go to electronics shop, buy the same connectors and put them on my T4 battery cable. The only benefit this brings is a possibility to disconnect battery for safe storage if you plan to leave for a longer time. But even than, how much time are you saving? Swapping between wheels, having a second set to mount when first go empty, or taking half battery off for 'weight' are all pretty much stupid. 

• Like 1