Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

Just now, jimjam.nyc said:

So no mention of voltage though atleast I didnt see it. But this wheel looks pretty outstanding so far

It really doesn't matter. We know the top limited speed and that's all the voltage affects. 

• Upvote 1

(1) 134.4 V, 2400 Wh Battery

(2) 4 battery packs

(3) 86 lbs.

(4) 85 mm suspension travel

(5) $3299 USD

(6) Top Speed: 70 km/h

(7) IPx6 motor, wheel bearings

I don't think that was what Bob Yan promised in his roadmap.

The battery packs are not 2P. So the new Challenger will not use these packs.

I am fine with it though, but it doesn't have class leading spec's for off-road use.

It looks like Patton, Commander Mini, Extreme, S22 Pro will remain competitive.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I am still very happy I went with Patton for my newest wheel. There are some really good features here I would love to have but on any wheel. 

The quick disconnect batteries and their Smart BMS seems to be a bit more fleshed out than the competitions. 

Did they mention which battery cells they are using? I missed that

5 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Also doesn't really matter. Meaningless number unless you are a serious jumper. 

These numbers may not matter to you but The voltage and travel numbers do matter to some people, and it is some of the things people look for when coming to a decision to buy their wheel. 

If they are showing in their marketing people jumping this wheel and boasting huge drops without bottoming out.. The travel absolutely matters. If they are boasting torque, acceleration times, and top speed numbers.. The voltage is something to definately take into consideration. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Also doesn't really matter. Meaningless number unless you are a serious jumper. 

In a MTB world it matters quite bit. Suspension travel helps lots with bigger roots and stones. Begode claim to Extreme 130mm travel, it is 52% more.

Otherwise specs are really good. High torque and waterproofing, if it can really be washed with hose...

Edited by okvp
  • Like 1

I was also a bit disappointed in only 85mm travel BUT 80mm works great on the Patton and V14 will have progressive spring so might still be really good regardless.

Wonder how balancing of packs will work with plug and play system.

Also if you already have a Patton the value proposition ain't great, for someone thinking about getting 16" wheel it's very attractive.

And lets not forget Inmotion are really good at marketing, need to see this wheel in testers hands.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 3

Just now, okvp said:

In a MBT world it matters quite bit. Suspension travel helps lots with bigger roots and stones. Begode claim to Extreme 130mm travel it is 52% more.

Agreed, but as both a serious MTB rider and EUC rider, the difference between being able to rotate you pedals out of the way of roots/rocks (MTB) and not (EUC) is huge. 

Where I live, pedal clearance is crucial. I’d rather keep a low CoG and decent pedal clearance, so 85mm to 100mm of travel works great. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I am still very happy I went with Patton for my newest wheel. There are some really good features here I would love to have but on any wheel. 

The quick disconnect batteries and their Smart BMS seems to be a bit more fleshed out than the competitions. 

Did they mention which battery cells they are using? I missed that

Yeah, didn’t say anything about the battery cells. What a launch event  🤣 

Now we have to wait for people to receive and open it up and really see what’s up with it.