Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

i sincerely hope the 'Adventure' does contain what yan mentioned in the past few interviews.  the wheel will have interchangeable batteries and a selection of wheel sizes.  that alone for 1 inmotion model should provide a few different ways of setting up the wheel for whatever type of riding one wants to do.  we will see soon enuf if its all talk or if they mean what they say.

4 hours ago, eezo said:

Do you comment about anything other than your dislike for heavy wheels? Because that's all I see you talk about. Just asking.

It might be simpler to update your signature to say "I am not interested in a heavy wheel", will save you the trouble of having to post it in every thread.

Keep laughing.. To answer your question - yes, each new heavy wheel tread at least once/twice. Before i leave, because that wheel doesn't interest me anymore at all. (Thanks for the tip - will do.)

I'm simply disappointed - because i want new wheel also!!!! And for past 3+ years there has not been made any "new" lightweight wheels at all. (Aside from Mten4 joke and A2 the assassin.) WHILE heavy monster euc have been made almost on monthly BASES!

Put yourself in my shoes and how do you feel then? It's frustrating! :angry:

4 hours ago, Merk said:

As I know it will be ~35KG. 

That's what i said some post ago. :D 

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Would you know how many battery packs are included in that weight? Thanks.

Prob all 4..

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

On 8/10/2023 at 3:23 AM, Merk said:

Screenshot_20230810-112127.thumb.png.745814a2e89d0198a7a5493c465dcbc1.png

this houningning group better include in their reviews and observations,  detailed remarks and visuals on the battery exchange assembly/design that inmotion proposed for the adventure wheel.  im sure that there are alot of euc riders who may have interest in the adventure but im also sure those same people would like to know if the battery exchange assembly is actually any good.  whether its rugged,  or overly complex,  or badly designed,  difficult to remove, exchange and replace battery packs... these are relative and important details for interested buyers like myself.  if they just simply do the usual video "look at me,  see me ride,  wow, etc,..."  i will pass on that crap.  i may as well take a short trip to the local pev store and look at the demo unit close up and see if they could demo the battery exchange methodology...

dont waste our time with jerk-off videos;  please provide valuable information about the new wheel !  thank you houNin' euc club !!!

Edited by bpong
i didnt know houningning is a retailer, not a individual...

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Knowing Inmotion, their wheel is going to be 100v and 1800wh.

Ha, if I recall correctly, the Inmotion CEO stated 134V for the Adventure series. Given the weight and what appears to be a 4P configuration, this puts it in the 2400Wh range, depending on cell spec. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stizl said:

Ha, if I recall correctly, the Inmotion CEO stated 134V for the Adventure series. Given the weight and what appears to be a 4P configuration, this puts it in the 2400Wh range, depending on cell spec. 

Would be interesting if it could do dual voltage, depending on wheel battery combos…

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Just curious, what benefits are you seeking to justify having such a feature?

The only real feature I can see coming from that is being able to run a smaller charger, or maybe affordability with having two grades of battery pack. These are marginal at best and I do also think it would be very little gain for something that also introduces more potential for engineering oversights and problems.

20 hours ago, eezo said:

Do you comment about anything other than your dislike for heavy wheels? Because that's all I see you talk about. Just asking.

It might be simpler to update your signature to say "I am not interested in a heavy wheel", will save you the trouble of having to post it in every thread.

You might be right. However I still think asking for a light wheel is not wrong at all. There seem to way too much focus on spreed and range and that can only lead to heavy wheels. 

If you only buy one wheel a light wheel might not be on your radar. But as wheels gets more and more heavy the need for a light shorter not as fast wheel will grow. 

Similar to cars. Big super sized US SUV might be great for grand touring family Christmas trip 2000 miles away. But small shopping in narrow inner city in EU is a pain with such a big and fuel drinking car. Here a Fiat 500 is more useful. But both cars have different roles and function.

So in the car world I liked my Mazda Cx-5. It had a great compromise of size vs space and city vs highway driving. I would like an EUC to fit that same marker role. I don't need speed. I like suspension to take the edge of bumps. Yet it must still feel connected to the road and keep me reminded that there is an element of risk it and it is not a cloud floation device. In many ways V11 do that. But I like to have something that is easier to service and that is a bit more rigded built. The trick here is not to add weight. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2023 at 10:36 AM, Unventor said:

You might be right. However I still think asking for a light wheel is not wrong at all.

There's nothing wrong with asking for a light wheel. I'm just making a humorous comment that it's almost all that user posts about in every comment and thread. Repeatedly.

I heard from a reliable source that riders tested Adventure with other wheels and the V14 was the best one. 

" We tested the V14 with Patton, A2, EXT, and the V14 is better than others. Riding sense, headlights, battery safe, motors, etc."

Let's wait a bit and we will see if that's true. 

• Like 2