DO YOU NEED A FASTER EUC ?

I do want, but not need, a faster wheel like Sherman S for these reasons: 1) The thrill of riding fast 2) Occasionally outrun bicyclists 3) Appreciation of the power and design of fast wheels and 4) Stay as trailblazer of newest wheels. "Need" is a very vague term in some ways. I really don't need anything if it is provided for me. I only need to eat, shit and sleep. I don't think anyone really needs much these days if they have food, shelter and a source of income. Another way of looking at "need is--If I don't have it, I'll die. I won't die if I don't have a faster wheel or for that matter, any wheels. There are so many modes of transportation that one can choose. One doesn't really need one or the other. Maybe as a society, we have moved beyond "needs!" Or our needs are really few.... Wheels are not in any of our basic needs!

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I need to eat less cheesecake in order to lose weight. I need to stop taking part in every thread I can find, etc! 

This is part of the basic need of social interaction, so no, you need to continue :)

• Haha 1

I have V13 and it turned me into a 60 kmh speed demon on the lonely roads where I live 
I have Sherman S with tilt back 50 kmh Im going nuts..... 

Yes speed on a safe moderne power-wheel is highly addictive - but be carefull. In Denmark its legal to ride 22 kmh on PEVs. Ebikes can do 44 kmh. Time for a revolution.... We have 1.7 mill cars in the streets in 5 years itll be 2.1 mill, traffic will be hopeless and the solution is PEVs

15 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

I have V13 and it turned me into a 60 kmh speed demon on the lonely roads where I live 

Yup. I don't have a V13, but I have a 22" Abrams. I noticed that I do ride faster. When there is no traffic on a smooth road, the wheel tends to pick up speed.

19 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

I have Sherman S with tilt back 50 kmh Im going nuts....

If you don't mind my asking, why get the Sherman-S when you have a V13?

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

I have Sherman S with tilt back 50 kmh Im going nuts..... 

Is it set at the second highest number? I thought it goes to something crazy like 180 km/hr - or is that just the beeps

6 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

This is a great thread. One thing I want to make clear, is that someone who WANTS to go fast is not wrong or bad. They aren't also doing it necessarily for bragging rights. Let's not shame people for wanting to go fast. Let's just encourage them to do it safely. 

I totally agree. But often times riders in my area are pressured to go faster by all the speed demons, constantly edging 85-90% PWM. And they feel bad for riding slow when it is totally ok to cruise and enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Stevebee said:

Is it set at the second highest number? I thought it goes to something crazy like 180 km/hr - or is that just the beeps

You are right, you can set it to a crazy high number (both for beeps and for tilt-back). I kinda wish that I could set the tilt-back for any speed, if I set anything less than the crazy high speed (which is basically turning off beeps and/or tilt-back since you could never hit that speed) then it is too slow for my liking. There is still a pwm beep though and I can hear that OK, so I don't have tilt-back or speed warning beeps but I am still reasonably safe.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 11:13 AM, mrelwood said:

One can need a suitable transport to make food delivery convenient or joyful enough to feel worthwhile. One can need a suspension wheel for riding because of a bad back or bad knees. I need to eat less cheesecake in order to lose weight. I need to stop taking part in every thread I can find, etc! :lol: Needs of a human are a many!

Let's return our focus on the original question: Do we need a faster EUC? One may go insane or let's make it one may commit suicide if one doesn't get a faster EUC. Would we think he really needs one? If this were true, I think we definitely are not talking about someone who needs something, but rather a mentally ill person expressing some irrational emotions. A second point is the phrase "can need." Maybe this is a play of semantics. One can do whatever one can do including "can need." But that's not about "need," rather it is about ability. People do have many desires, but not every desire is a need. A toddler cries for toys, most parents know that it is not necessarily a need! Do people need a faster EUC? Yes, if they are late for work; yes if they are chased by dogs; yes, they want thrills… All these “needs” are only momentary urges, not serious needs! I guess we differ!

Edited by Scubadragonsan
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Scubadragonsan said:

All these “needs” are only momentary urges, not serious needs!

There are of course many levels in “need” severity. The highest level of course being the needs in order to sustain life. You seem to only call them “needs”, while I also call lower level needs “needs”. So yes, this is about semantics.

There might be also a different tone in the word that “need” translates to in my language.

Personally, I don’t need a new EUC. That’s only a “want”, in my vocabulary as well. But if I do buy one, I do need it to weigh less than about 30kg.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

weigh less than about 30kg

From what I saw last summer around Turku, aren't you actually interested in off-road wheels? Quite a lot of  beautiful forest paths for riding at your place.

Unfortunately the powerful off-road wheels are heavier than 30 kgs...

Edited by Aztek

Confession:

I have Inmotion V13 and Sherman S....... I find Inmotion v11 a little boring and slow now. V11 is a bit like me.  I am now a speed freak. V13 can do 80 kmt Ill never do it again, just had to try - its very powerfull in strong wind also

The new powerfull overpriced wheels have motorpower to match the weight, they are fast moving wonderfull machines .... I have sold the car now.

• Like 2

When yoiu go faster gear mneeds to be better - D3O protection shirt will not protect important nerves in shoulder, elbow etc . Plastic armor is better, Lazyrolling gear is not for us its for skateboards and does not protect important areas - tailbone protection, MC helmet plastic body armor is a very good idea vwhen you go fast.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

When yoiu go faster gear mneeds to be better - D3O protection shirt will not protect important nerves in shoulder, elbow etc . Plastic armor is better, Lazyrolling gear is not for us its for skateboards and does not protect important areas - tailbone protection, MC helmet plastic body armor is a very good idea vwhen you go fast.  

I don't buy "EUC gear". It is almost always inferior and overpriced. I just buy motorcycle gear because it was designed to keep you safe at high speeds. Motorcycle protective pants, Motorcycle jacket with padded armor, and a motorcycle helmet. All the gear cost me around $200 which is about the price of a used "EUC" helmet.

6 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I don't buy "EUC gear".

I didn't think there was such a thing as 'EUC Gear' is there ? Isn't nearly all our armour skateboard or motoX or regular MC stuff ?

If you're thinking about the TSG Pass, that isn't marketed at us either, yet still a lot of us buy it. Trying to think what else is - maybe those flexmeter glove / wristguard combos, but struggling to think of anything else ?

14 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I didn't think there was such a thing as 'EUC Gear' is there ? Isn't nearly all our armour skateboard or motoX or regular MC stuff ?

If you're thinking about the TSG Pass, that isn't marketed at us either, yet still a lot of us buy it. Trying to think what else is - maybe those flexmeter glove / wristguard combos, but struggling to think of anything else ?

Was mainly talking about the gear that EUC resellers sell on the side. Like Eevee's $400 dollar armored hoodie, and the TSG helmets or the wrist guards. I found a similar armored hoodie on Amazon for literally one tenth of the price, $40.

53 minutes ago, Funky said:

As someone who doesn't ride with cars, but stay only on sidewalks. I personally don't need anything faster than 50km/h. 

I normally stick to 30-35km/h. And most i ever have done is 44km/h speed on completely straight, smooth paths.

Naturally i slow down around people. Need be even at walking speeds. It's great to live in somewhat not busy city. Even in city center you can go 35km/h speed time to time. As we have even roads where cars/people share path. If you leave center, it's mostly empty long straight paths. Maybe 1-3 people each 5 mins.

Do i need a faster EUC? Ofc not.. But having extra performance would not be bad. Sadly with more performance comes the dreaded WEIGHT... Only way i'm buying new EUC, is when they make something in 20-30KG weight, that performs better than my now owned wheel. It needs to have "real" smart BMS and needs to be water proof. Otherwise I'm not even thinking about buying anything. They can keep making new wheels that don't interest me at all. But till i see something that is an "upgrade", i won't be buying anything.

I feel the same. But NGL the KS s19 is looking pretty sweet. But I never buy first batch electronics because they usually are rushed to meet the production deadline and there are always bugs to be worked out in the "1st batch", But maybe this time next year when the s19 price drops I will consider it. My 16x is perfect though for now!

18 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I feel the same. But NGL the KS s19 is looking pretty sweet. But I never buy first batch electronics because they usually are rushed to meet the production deadline and there are always bugs to be worked out in the "1st batch", But maybe this time next year when the s19 price drops I will consider it. My 16x is perfect though for now!

I also kinda like S19. It has everything you need already included in it's price. Honeycomb pedals - check. (Could be better with removable spikes, but i personally don't like those spikes, because they are too "grippy".) Pads - check. What more you need.. (I'm non pad user, so i could give to flying ducks about them. But having already some included are a plus.)

I hope it has real smart BMS.. And can be waterproofed easily. Otherwise a pass from me. It doesn't even have a real handle.. Which i already don't like. So at best it's a meh... (I need a good handle, for carrying one handed.) At front it has a handle. But would it hold 32kg weight, if i would carrying it one handed?

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Funky said:

I also kinda like S19. It has everything you need already included in it's price. Honeycomb pedals - check. (Could be better with removable spikes, but i personally don't like those spikes, because they are too "grippy".) Pads - check. What more you need.. (I'm non pad user, so i could give to flying ducks about them. But having already some included are a plus.)

I hope it has real smart BMS.. And can be waterproofed easily. Otherwise a pass from me. It doesn't even have a real handle.. Which i already don't like. So at best it's a meh... (I need a good handle, for carrying one handed.) At front it has a handle. But would it hold 32kg weight, if i would carrying it one handed?

I also ride without power pads. But I have made some DIY kuji pads so I can jump a curb if a car doesn't see me. Have you seen that video on youTube of that car literally running over an EUC rider? I also loathe having to pay for "extras", like if it makes for the best riding experience why isn't included in the $2,000 I have already spent? The handle thing is a concern for me as well for the KS S19 but hopefully they will replace it with a regular trolley handle in the updated editions.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Aztek said:

From what I saw last summer around Turku, aren't you actually interested in off-road wheels?

Absolutely I am!

Quite a lot of  beautiful forest paths for riding at your place.

Haven’t ridden in the Turku area, but I would guess that there are much more forest paths and maintained forest cycleways here in the capital area, just because of the amount of population.

Unfortunately the powerful off-road wheels are heavier than 30 kgs...

Yeah, I have noticed. Which is why I haven’t bought a new wheel despite deciding to do so over a year ago. Still waiting.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Yup. I don't have a V13, but I have a 22" Abrams. I noticed that I do ride faster. When there is no traffic on a smooth road, the wheel tends to pick up speed.

On 4/21/2023 at 9:52 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

I have Sherman S with tilt back 50 kmh Im going nuts....

If you don't mind my asking, why get the Sherman-S when you have a V13?

Well I used to go 80 kmh on v13 then sanity kicked in and I slowed down a wee bit. V13 is very stable even when you go fast. Apart from that the acceleration sucks, what helps a lot is street tire and the "extra stud system"  invernted by Jono the aussie... pix belov  Gives more speed and stability adding to fun factor (also "softmode"  )   Extra  studs seen here: 

Kan være et billede af tekst, der siger "17. marts 2024 11.24 AM"

Sherman S problem ... solved but Wheel is being repaired now I wait for bloody ever for sparepart - glad I have more wheels than one. 

Why both wheels ?   I ditched the car and decided to go EUC only - V13 has range problem so I needed Sherman which is the better choice since its more versatile. B I solved the Sherman S problem but I dont like going faster than 70 on that wheel.  Its a better wheel its more versatile and does off road very well - range is good sherman style. 

SHerman S and V13 can go exctremely fast faster than you should i urban areas methinks.   iN Danish Speed = fart so "topspeed# is TOPFART.... I kid you not. 

image.thumb.png.ff220c734d25b912e7de2196a88e66b3.png

Edited by Finn Bjerke