New InMotion app

Jkay

Just downloaded the new InMotion app for my V12, sure seems to have less utilities.  The horn (which is/was probably a gadget) is now a little button.  The last app had a rudimentary owner’s manual when Bluetooth was connected, now doesn’t seem to, hopefully they will make the manual available without being Bluetooth connected to the wheel.  Anyone else try the new InMotion app?  

Well, I was yattering about owners manual, the manual that was included is not the document that I was reading on the app when the EUC was connected via Bluetooth.  The enclosed paper manual is ……err, doesn’t reveal much.  Oh well, the entire EUC learning process has been either “learn by doing” or “watch this”.  In my working career,  absolutely everything pertaining to operating (aircraft pilot) every system was discussed to the extreme, EUC not so much! 

Edited by Jkay
  • Haha 1

I think the new app was released a bit too early.

I suggest that we voice our concerns directly to Inmotion, for example in the official Telegram chat. I’m sure they will keep developing the app.

Edited by mrelwood

On 3/2/2023 at 5:37 AM, mrelwood said:

official Telegram chat.

Could you either share what that group link is here or to me via a PM? 

I can only find a Inmotion Global one, but the admin in that group is saying it is not the official Inmotion chat. 

1 hour ago, 2disbetter said:

Could you either share what that group link is here or to me via a PM? 

I can only find a Inmotion Global one, but the admin in that group is saying it is not the official Inmotion chat.

https://t.me/+X0L_KoVA1h41OGY1

• Like 1

i’ve been trying to dive in to the app but it seems a little buggy or maybe i’m not using it correctly yet. 

I am connecting prior to a ride but it hasn’t recorded every ride data. 

Only 2 show in riding record.

Not sure if those 2 times i did anything special.

I also don’t get the map or logging of my travel overlaid on the map which I used to enjoy. 

I tried to connect darknessbot to v13 but it would hang and not connect.

Ill keep playing with it  

The new inmotion app is borked. Among other things reports are that no ride data is shown, including old rides. Software comes broken, so it's nothing to get the knickers in a knot about… they'll get it sorted soon enough.

(I use EUC World on a burner Moto G7 Play without a cell plan, dedicated to ride logging—works splendidly for all my wheels... none of which are IM though!)

Edited by Tawpie

2 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

The new inmotion app is borked. Among other things reports are that no ride data is shown, including old rides. Software comes broken, so it's nothing to get the knickers in a knot about… they'll get it sorted soon enough.

(I use EUC World on a burner Moto G7 Play without a cell plan, dedicated to ride logging—works splendidly for all my wheels... none of which are IM though!)

thanks Tawpie 

Not that worried but did want to look over my data and just noticed it’s buggy. 

I’m not sure if EUC WORLD is out for IOS yet? i’ll have a search, i’d like to test it. 

I like darkness bot maybe i’ll check for updates re v13.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I’m not sure if EUC WORLD is out for IOS yet?

I don't think that's going to happen quite honestly... @Seba is a 1 developer shop and having been in his shoes in a prior life, I fully understand him sticking with just the 1 platform. Burner phone doesn't drain my iPhone battery so there's that, and I can keep it tucked away fairly safely while riding. The only thing bad about the G7 Play is the camera is, a cell phone camera. Took me back to the days of the disposable film camera.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

I never asked for the updated app but it replaced the old one resulting in my not having a map of the area I rode on my V11. That was my favorite part of the app. If anyone has a suggestion on how I can obtain info similar to the former Inmotion app (see image), please share. Much appreciated.

IMG_0732.png

3 hours ago, Nesta said:

If anyone has a suggestion on how I can obtain info similar to the former Inmotion app (see image), please share.

You now need two apps for all the same info. Sports Tracker, Komoot, or similiar also tracks when in the background, so you can switch between the apps without worry.

The first time it updated to 8.xxx , there was no turning calibration or light pattern option, so I used a third party app to download a prior version, 7.10.17, only to end up with it updated again.

I uploaded the android Inmotion app 7.10.17 gp apk file to my web site.

https://rcgldr.net/inmotion/INMOTION_7.10.17.GP.apk

Edited by rcgldr
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new app works fine for me, but I still need to use guided access mode on iOS to prevent the screen from turning off during riding. Speed and battery indicator are harder to read than the old app, but still OK. Power meter is gone, though, so I can no longer read out how hard I'm pushing the wheel. Can do without though, as the wheel tilts back progressively when you push it too hard (V11).

For tracking and navigation I use Outdooractive, which also includes a GPS speed indicator, so I don't need to switch apps while riding. Outdoor Active works really well for mapping cycling trail routes where I live (Belgium), and helps me avoid the main roads where the cars and trucks are.

I also use Darknessbot, but less often these days because of bluetooth issues: it is recommended elsewhere on this forum to first connect with the Inmotion app, then close it and connect with Darkness bot to prevent your bluetooth to get stuck in a bad state. If bluetooth connectivity issues occur, I need to reboot my iphone as well as reset my wheel.

• 2 months later...

I bought a bargain V10F yesterday for my girlfriend as a range upgrade from a V10 (she can't handle a heavier wheel).
I ran into a minor issue with the app. When we set up V10 on the old version, we had about ten lighting effects available. My girlfriend really liked some of them and now requests her favorite. In the new app (8.0.8) with V10F (latest firmware), only the default two are offered and she doesn't like any of them.
I've tried to make some simple DYI, but I'm not having much success. The bluethooth connection is unstable, often ends in error and the result doesn't even behave like in the preview.

Is there any way to get a wider range of lighting effects like in the old app?