Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

Just now, Rawnei said:

The sound is only noticeable when wheel is idle and it's a quiet environment, it's nothing you notice outside when riding.

Exactly.

Just now, Al Alcatraz said:

You would only notice in a quiet room or for example inside an elevator. 
Fun fact: The sound changes slightly when turning on the headlight. At least in my Patton. 

Same for me. Sound change with headlight on. It was already the case with my Sherman OG.

7 minutes ago, Al Alcatraz said:

You would only notice in a quiet room or for example inside an elevator. 
Fun fact: The sound changes slightly when turning on the headlight. At least in my Patton. 

Interesting. But the sound played back in the video is quite audible. 

18 minutes ago, Mossi said:

I made another video where I was able to capture the sound I mean better.

Mine has a similar noise as well when stationary. Once rolling mine gets quieter and smooths out. I didn't notice it until I had the kids on it trolleying around in the house.  Outside it was more of a faint vibration than a sound.  

Out of curiosity, what mode are you in?  Mine is on strong mode.

48 minutes ago, Mossi said:

I made another video where I was able to capture the sound I mean better.

It's normal, if you don't want to believe it fine. 😂

44 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Mine has a similar noise as well when stationary. Once rolling mine gets quieter and smooths out. I didn't notice it until I had the kids on it trolleying around in the house.  Outside it was more of a faint vibration than a sound.  

Out of curiosity, what mode are you in?  Mine is on strong mode.

Strong mode too.

37 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I have the V12 with a H666. I got the Patton with the knobby tire

At speed I find the Patton more Planted than the V12 above 30mph. I don't go over 30 too often due to the street conditions here in NYC, but I can say i feel much more planted on the Patton. To be fair I didn't have too many issues with the v12 at speed either, I just feel the weight and distribution of weight in the Patton make it a bit more stable. (could also be the tire...). I do struggle a bit mounting a dismounting the Patton, but I am a really small 5'3 and 128lbs.. So the weight of the wheel is taking some getting used to with starting and stopping. I am 100% positive I will overcome that. Its mostly in my mind, because when i dont think about it its not an issue.

I think Overall though the Patton is more stable in general. Even things like braking at slower speeds, and accelerating, etc.. Everything just feels quite a bit more stable and put together. Deliberate.

For reference. I ride soft mode, no pads on Patton. I ride the v12 with no pads, but have foot locks and split mode about 70% speeding 40% braking.

why no pads?

10 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Other than having my feet secured from flying off. I actually find it more comfortable to ride without Pads. I don't accelerate like crazy so I always felt the restrictions of being totally locked in a bit uncomfortable for me. I only ever had 16inch wheels, so acceleration and braking are plenty responsive for me for my street riding. Plus its much easier to transition from seated to standing without front pads, and i go back and forth between sitting and standing quite often while riding.

Its not popular I know, but I honestly love the feel of a softer mode and no pads.

Hey man, it's not about popular :) just curious how people ride it. Got mine yesterday, moving on from v8s.

Is anyone else getting a steady alarm when the headlight turns on?  It didn't do it the first night I rode it, but it has been doing it since then.  Today I turned on the light for a few seconds before the alarm came on.  Then, the alarm came on immediately each time after that.

With the light off, there are no issues and no alarms.  

Is this a known issue?  Maybe this is why an extra beeper came in the box...

Just now, Rollin-on-1 said:

Is anyone else getting a steady alarm when the headlight turns on?  It didn't do it the first night I rode it, but it has been doing it since then.  Today I turned on the light for a few seconds before the alarm came on.  Then, the alarm came on immediately each time after that.

With the light off, there are no issues and no alarms.  

Maybe post a video of it?  Is the alarm coming from the beeper or from inside the wheel?  Begode packs have bms alarms not sure if LeaperKim does too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

The extra beeper comes because it stops working while it’s wet. The patton at the local shop in town that I’ve tried doesn’t trip the alarm when the light is on, nor does my Sherman S. 

18 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Maybe post a video of it?  Is the alarm coming from the beeper or from inside the wheel?  Begode packs have bms alarms not sure if LeaperKim does too.

The alarm is coming from the beeper.  It seems like there is a short on the lighting circuit, but it is strange because it didn't do this the first night.  The light hasn't gottten wet either.

Here is a link to the video on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qkdpEyKBznrck0RX_h6uX4aeSVvgYkrq/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Rollin-on-1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

The extra beeper comes because it stops working while it’s wet. The patton at the local shop in town that I’ve tried doesn’t trip the alarm when the light is on, nor does my Sherman S. 

Yeah, I was kind of joking about my issue being the reason for the extra beeper.  I should have added an emoji so it was more obvious that I was joking.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unicycle bunny said:

Got mine yesterday, moving on from v8s.

Wow, that's a big jump.

It took me many months to get really comfortable moving from a Begode T3 to a V12. Only about 14 lbs weight difference. 

At least for you, it isn't your first wheel, and the Patton isn't like a 22" wheel. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Wow, that's a big jump.

It took me many months to get really comfortable moving from a Begode T3 to a V12. Only about 14 lbs weight difference. 

At least you it isn't your first wheel, and the Patton isn't like a 22" wheel. 

i know! so exciting !!!! 

• Like 1