Master V2.3 down for the count

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Can I ask @Magman116, have you got foam blocks (not shown in my pic - was before I fitted them) or some other barrier preventing water from spraying up and getting into the motherboard tray through those 2 big channels at the front for motor and front light cabling ? I mean I am clutching at straws here, because if you did a successful ride immediately before the episode then I guess it wasn't latent liquid in the tray making contact with lower board.

FYI that piece of foam wont stop water in that location, you have to put silicone or something else there to block it, I put some silicone on mine.

37 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

I just got off the phone with Zack at Alien Rides and they are going to take care of me. He wanted to make sure I and my house was ok. It was nice of him to care.

He indicated there may have been an issue with the charge port board and they were already in the process of sending out new charge port boards to all the customers that bought Masters from them.

He also indicated I would be getting a new full board stack-up with the updated versions from Begode. He said they made more changes and I would have the latest versions. I am also getting new battery connectors and a display cover.

What great customer service!!

Once I get everything, I will hook it all up and only then I will know if my batteries are ok.

-Chris

Oh wow, sending new charge ports to all customers? But like why, is it a serious issue? Begode is silent, my Chinese reseller is silent, do I need to worry about potential fire hazard now also? 🫤

57 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

FYI that piece of foam wont stop water in that location, you have to put silicone or something else there to block it, I put some silicone on mine.

I agree the foam that comes with it won't stop the water ingress, but the stacked 6 layers of thick non porous foam tape I have entirely blocked those holes with definitely does...

@Rawnei I would think if AR is sending new boards to all their customers with Masters, then I would think it must be pretty serious. After this happened to me without any warning, I would be very cautious because we don't know the cause and any of the V2.3's out there could be suspect.

They asked for me to return the boards so they could inspect them there.  Hopefully they will be able to determine the true fault or most likely suspect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Funny thing, when my chinese reseller in collaboration with Begode sent me the small board that fixes display and light in cold temperature that I got back in December they also sent me a new charge board which I didn't ask for and they didn't communicate that they would, when I received it I was a bit puzzled and asked them why they sent me that they replied:

"Begode factory offered 3 parts"

"Can change the smallest one first to see problem solved or not. if not change another spare part"

The part they sent looks different than yours:

20230116_195918.thumb.jpg.63cd594b673100a3ba94eff94fe143b4.jpg

20230116_195938.thumb.jpg.016bcd98d37d153cf7089c0df8e61e4a.jpg

I know there is at least 1 new motherboard now (a fifth) that is not on this picture, I'm wondering if there is also a 5th charge board or not..

Master_Electronics.thumb.jpg.dcf17286898f9c11d8846096d4e0ed0a.jpg

Master_Electronics_2.thumb.jpg.c88bfbdfc40216e4830445a0006eb80c.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

@Rawnei When the new boards get here I will post photos of all of them.

My current charge port lower board is not the same as yours, mine says it is a BC003-001 2022-5-10 REV:01

Yeah I think yours that burned was C2.2, I have C2.1 installed in mine and the one they sent me is the C3, wondering if there's anything newer or if I should install the C3.

Edit: I asked Kevin directly on Facebook also: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/posts/5678555832242333/?comment_id=5806195939478321

Edited by Rawnei

Very cool. I don't really do much social media and try to stay off FB as much as possible.  I compared my boards with the photo and looks like I have the C2.2 Charge port board,B4 main board stack and S3 display.

Will see what AR sends. I will be happy to just have my Master back on the road.  

I can't say enough about AR taking care of me.  I had bad experiences in the past with customer service with another EUC company and the AR team is there to take care of you. They could have just emailed me back, but took the time to call me on the phone and discuss it with me while being apologetic, like they actually had ownership of the problem.  We all know they had nothing to do with the poor GW BG workmanship, but was nice they cared.

My wife says I have to charge my wheels outside from now on.

Now will I be a little afraid after I put the new boards in? You bet ya. I may not ride the same until I build some confidence in the wheel again. I keep going through the what-if's and am so thankful I was right there when it happened and that it didn't happen while I was riding. 

You hear about the 1-off's with Begode quality issues, but is a little different when you experience them yourself.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

Very cool. I don't really do much social media and try to stay off FB as much as possible.  I compared my boards with the photo and looks like I have the C2.2 Charge port board,B4 main board stack and S3 display.

Will see what AR sends. I will be happy to just have my Master back on the road.  

I can't say enough about AR taking care of me.  I had bad experiences in the past with customer service with another EUC company and the AR team is there to take care of you. They could have just emailed me back, but took the time to call me on the phone and discuss it with me while being apologetic, like they actually had ownership of the problem.  We all know they had nothing to do with the poor GW BG workmanship, but was nice they cared.

My wife says I have to charge my wheels outside from now on.

Now will I be a little afraid after I put the new boards in? You bet ya. I may not ride the same until I build some confidence in the wheel again. I keep going through the what-if's and am so thankful I was right there when it happened and that it didn't happen while I was riding. 

You hear about the 1-off's with Begode quality issues, but is a little different when you experience them yourself.

Get yourself some kind of a metal container. To store/charge them inside. Little bit of DIY power and 200-400$ could make somewhat great fire container. (Ofc if not all batteries ignite the same time. But if they go off in intervals of 5/10. Then it would be same as regular fire.. (Ofc bit hotter.. And then there's the smoke damage. But at least your house won't burn down.)

Spending ~300$ for somewhat peace of mind is worth alone. I used regular electrical enclosure and insulated it's inside/outside with drywall/rockrool. And put it all on some bricks..

Edited by Funky

I will put a fire box in my plans.  I can just weld up some steel plate and make my own or maybe even find something I can modify at a thrift store. I will make it a priority, but for now I have to taken them outside.

I lost a house to a fire in a hurricane and fire doesn't forgive; it cleanses and consumes.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

back in December they also sent me a new charge board which I didn't ask for and they didn't communicate that they would,

This is a bit disturbing.

Seems to suggest Begode were aware of the problem back in December, but elected to not do anything else.

Magman may still encounter the other problems of tyre coming off the rim whilst in motion, and the sticky suspension due to holes drilled too close to the edge.

Is there anything else Begode is aware of, but not disclosing?

Trust....

48 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

I hope this remains one off and not an indication of any serious issues with the Master or any Begode wheels in general. 

Regarding the new charge board... Zack at AR says the new boards are to help the batteries balance better, they're supposed to prevent charge stop at 133.x volts. That change doesn't sound like it would do anything to prevent the OPs experience, but "and the charging port voltage partition protection" part might be related. Whatever that means.

image.png

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 1

Charger voltage going somewhere it shouldn't have is all I can speculate at, definitely could cause failures way down the chain of wherever it went initially.

Motor feeling engaged but not moving after charger was disconnected sounds like mosfets shorting open and dumping current ineffectually, batteries and motor wouldn't be happy about it but could survive for a short time as all the other electronics burn.

Copy and paste from another current thread.

Looking to buy an EUC and have been looking around, emailed a few resellers about the upcoming Commander Pro and received an interesting response from eevee:

We will not be carrying the EB Commander Pro. It is a very poor quality product that is not finished and already has major voltage and charging issues. We are trying very hard to curate a smaller collection of high-quality products that we trust and can offer to our customers.

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

https://eevees.com/products/extreme-bull-commander

Extreme Bull Commander

From$1,071.20/month withSplitit ™Learn more
  • SALE
  •  
  • $3,213.59
  • Regular price$5,678.16

Due to US insurance requirements, all US based customers are required to sign a product liability waiver before shipment of any personal electric vehicle.

That's the old model from a year ago

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

https://eevees.com/products/extreme-bull-commander

Extreme Bull Commander

From$1,071.20/month withSplitit ™Learn more
  • SALE
  •  
  • $3,213.59
  • Regular price$5,678.16

Due to US insurance requirements, all US based customers are required to sign a product liability waiver before shipment of any personal electric vehicle.

Why has this been posted here ?

5 minutes ago, ovtlvw said:

That's the old model from a year ago

$3213.59 / $5678.16 = 0.57

The discount is 43% of original price.

Eevees stating emphatically that a product is very poor quality, requires signing a product liability waiver, massively discounting by 43% (would be below cost.

Eevees would be privy to more information and knowledge than the consumer.

Just now, Paul A said:

Eevees stating emphatically that a product is very poor quality, requires signing a product liability waiver, massively discounting by 43% (would be below cost.

Their statement was in reference to the Commander Pro not the Commander that you are quoting.

Edited by Paradox
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradox said:

There statement was in reference to the Commander Pro not the Commander that you are quoting.

Yes, statement is in reference to Commander Pro.

The sale listing showing the massive discount and requirement for product liability waiver is for another model.

6 minutes ago, Paul A said:

requirement for product liability waiver

The waiver is required for all EUC's purchased by US buyers.

image.thumb.png.35514eb26806397f84f6218716b9c804.png

• Like 1