S22 / MPH?

No1up

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

Doesn't matter you should not go past 40 km/h anyways... 😆

Let all of us bow down to the one and only country that moronically refuses the SI METRIC SYSTEM.... 😆😆😆

HEY! were moving to the Metric system...One foot at a time! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

does your display show a marching ant (left to right)? If so, you're in mph. I don't think EUCW can do it, you have to use the KS app and log in (use the apple obfuscation and you can hide a teeeeeeeny bit, but they'll know where the wheel was). Profile>Settings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tawpie said:

does your display show a marching ant (left to right)? If so, you're in mph. I don't think EUCW can do it, you have to use the KS app and log in (use the apple obfuscation and you can hide a teeeeeeeny bit, but they'll know where the wheel was). Profile>Settings.

Ugh. I spent 15 minutes trying to log onto the KS app with no succes. Then I googled it and learned you need to add a country code to your email? Or give up your phone number to KS. At this point, I'll wait it out until the feature is actually usable through the app or the next update. Or put a piece of tape over the display. 

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

btw, i think if u disable the lift switch on ur s22, it also disables it on ur s18. 

which kinda sucks. i like it on the s18, but would prefer it disabled on the s22.

so ur personal settings migrate to each wheel.

Try EUCW or Darknessbot for the lift switch. I have it enabled (I think it's unmotivated) on S18 and disabled on S22. Once you get it into mph, the only reason to ever open the KS app again is to do firmware upbreaks, and both of the third party apps will handle that just fine.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Yeah, I ended up giving them my phone number... it wouldn't take an email address. Maybe @Seba will be able to add it to EUCW someday.

Are you sure that in King Song app you can switch builtin display to between metric and imperial mode? At least I didn't found this in SoftTuner.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Seba said:

Are you sure that in King Song app you can switch builtin display to between metric and imperial mode? At least I didn't found this in SoftTuner.

i covered my display with my characteristic yoga pad, so i can't do a spin to find out.

but @Tawpiesays it does. mph in the app.

ha, cut a window in the yoga mat which will tell me battery life. 

i'll try to gps it later. 

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Yes! I've done it and confirmed while riding. But you do have to be logged into an account on the KS app because the setting is under your profile.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 11:39 AM, Tawpie said:

Yes! I've done it and confirmed while riding. But you do have to be logged into an account on the KS app because the setting is under your profile.

I can't even register to the account.. won't send me the verification code. Tried phone and email. 

30 minutes ago, No1up said:

I can't even register to the account.. won't send me the verification code. Tried phone and email. 

yeah, that’s a pita but eventually it will but i don’t think u need that. just use the kingsong app and change it to mph for that wheel.

i could be wrong. it’s happen before.

7 hours ago, No1up said:

I had the same trouble... I did get it to work with phone number (be sure to add +1 to the front) but never have gotten email to work. Someone said to put your country code in in addition to the email but that made zero sense to me.

so just now I tried to bind my email address, it accepted just the email address, I hit "get" for the verification code, an email arrived... yay? wompwomp. error 1100035

Edited by Tawpie

• 6 months later...

It took several attempts, but I got registered using a Gmail email account and they sent a verification email with a 4 digit code that I entered along with a password that I just made up and now I'm registered! 

Now if I could just figure out how to change the Kingsong app from kmh to mph.

• 8 months later...

It's happened! MPH can now be displayed! You don't need a KS account. I was able to change mine in EUC World during the latest update. 

Now I have the moving dot at the bottom and it displays in MPH. 

• Like 1