Begode master mod pic

Jappierre

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Raining…?! Hmph!

A63FEC84-41ED-4077-9F03-8A4A62667B01.jpeg.14ce8fc74b1b9d6cbb51f9d452661f6c.jpeg

Pff@btl is a weakling.. <3 Where i'm from, we ride any weather. Even if earth and sky is colliding. (Mostly because i need to be places..)

I love riding in fresh, soft, just snowed snow. Snow goes over my feet/pedals. And behind i leave one tire print. And because of pedals trimming upper layer of snow, it looks like i have been riding sled with one tire. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raptor said:

Now I tried the JBL Flip 6 grafted to the Master outdoors as well :)  :  

Looks sweet. :thumbup: I would have placed it under lights - for extra front bumper. :D 

Edited by Funky

16 minutes ago, Funky said:

Look sweet. :thumbup: I would have placed it under lights - for extra front bumper. :D 

:)  whereas :) actually, in the beginning I also planned him there :) . Didn't install it there for two reasons. When packing in the car, it would make the EUC longer and by adding weight to the front, the EUC leaning on wall wants to start moving by itself :)

• Like 1

That looks pretty smart, and I like the supplementary pads you've cleverly worked onto the originals, and the cool lights.

I'm not one for speakers playing music (situational awareness / pedestrian annoyance reasons), but I am looking for a similar low profile system so I can get some Tron stylee AVAS noises going so pedestrians can hear me coming and know if I am slowing down etc... How have you fixed that little JBL unit on ? I can't see what the straps are going into...

Edited by Cerbera

On 1/1/2023 at 8:42 PM, Cerbera said:

That looks pretty smart, and I like the supplementary pads you've cleverly worked onto the originals, and the cool lights.

I'm not one for speakers playing music (situational awareness / pedestrian annoyance reasons), but I am looking for a similar low profile system so I can get some Tron stylee AVAS noises going so pedestrians can hear me coming and know if I am slowing down etc... How have you fixed that little JBL unit on ? I can't see what the straps are going into...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1rBVebTVebAUQmBR7      I made a sheet metal mounting plate that follows the profile of the Master top pad. It has rolled recesses for the mounting screws and attaches to the original screw sockets. I changed the screws to 2 cm longer ones. .I also made holes on this tin clip for attaching velcro straps. I made an EVA foam block for the design.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raptor said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1rBVebTVebAUQmBR7      I made a sheet metal mounting plate that follows the profile of the Master top pad. It has rolled recesses for the mounting screws and attaches to the original screw sockets. I changed the screws to 2 cm longer ones. .I also made holes on this tin clip for attaching velcro straps. I made an EVA foam block for the design.

Oh you've done a very nice job there - much more effort than I was willing to put in ! Lols. :)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Raptor said:

20230212_190438.thumb.jpg.e6e6bd6e2dabd27b77f1e25408afa21e.jpgAgain I cut and sanded one of the yoga blocks and made the seat higher :)20230212_190516.thumb.jpg.27df4edae357492503d92e56d6daccab.jpg20230212_190153.thumb.jpg.7b2eae0ee6206574bbe66681d9219c1c.jpg

You got me curious about that "yoga block". What material was that block? EVA, cork? Seems EVA..

Thinking about DIY seat for my 18xl. And maybe power pads. How hard/rigid are those blocks?

Edited by Funky

11 hours ago, Funky said:

You got me curious about that "yoga block". What material was that block? EVA, cork? Seems EVA..

Thinking about DIY seat for my 18xl. And maybe power pads. How hard/rigid are those blocks?

I use EVA foam yoga blocks ( https://uniplast.ee/en/product/yoga-brick-amayaoga/ ) because they are very light and easy to process. This particular product is water-repellent in nature and flexible enough to not shrink over time. It is important for me that the treated surface remains of the same quality as the original outer surface of the block. With this material it is possible :) . It is possible to get exactly the right shape for you. Unlike 3d prints, in this form they can also be tried on and further processed during modeling. I make larger cuts with a saw or knife and shape them with this tool as shown in the picture.

( In addition  :) ! My MSP, which also had pads made of this material, once survived a "proper" air flight on tarmac, and both those pads and the EUC fuselage remained intact!  :) )

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

Edited by Raptor
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Raptor said:

I use EVA foam yoga blocks ( https://uniplast.ee/en/product/yoga-brick-amayaoga/ ) because they are very light and easy to process. This particular product is water-repellent in nature and flexible enough to not shrink over time. It is important for me that the treated surface remains of the same quality as the original outer surface of the block. With this material it is possible :) . It is possible to get exactly the right shape for you. Unlike 3d prints, in this form they can also be tried on and further processed during modeling. I make larger cuts with a saw or knife and shape them with this tool as shown in the picture.

( In addition  :) ! My MSP, which also had pads made of this material, once survived a "proper" air flight on tarmac, and both those pads and the EUC fuselage remained intact!  :) )

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

5$ for amazing seat and another 10-20$ for some pads. Sign me up. :D 

Edited by Funky

16 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Riding seated on a non suspension wheel........Would the rider be ejected/catapulted off if the wheel hits a bump?

Legs are not providing any cushioning to absorb bumps.

It can be a challenge to overcome bumps and holes in the road when you are sitting on a wheel without suspension - as always, it is important to pay close attention to the road and think ahead, Adjust the speed and then just lift yourself 5 - 10 cm from the seat and take the bump with your legs as suspension. 

And when you don't lift yourself up a bit, 3 things happen: 1) Solid blow in the balls....  2) Resulting reaction in the form of unintentional involuntary movements of the torso, arms and legs which promotes  3) crash.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Riding seated on a non suspension wheel........Would the rider be ejected/catapulted off if the wheel hits a bump?

Legs are not providing any cushioning to absorb bumps.

Ofc i will not be going over 20km/h when seated and only on those straight smooth long roads.. :D 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2022 at 5:14 AM, btl said:

Not at all, it's surprisingly stiff. There is different Aluminium alloys, this is one of the harder ones.

Its 60x100mm, a bit wider than the stock cases. This allows for some more padding and provides a bit more area to velcro the Kinetic pads to.

I've never seen the inside of these packs. Is this how they're protected from the factory? That layer of foam around them?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...