Begode master mod pic

Jappierre

Oh good buy - you'll enjoy that :) 

I didn't do a lot to mine initially ! I enjoyed taking some time to ride it mainly as it was, plus a few enhancements to padding for its own protection and a bit better waterproofing. This was Revision 1, which was mainly about the bumper strip everywhere that the weak plastic battery cases were exposed.

314932248_JWMaster02.thumb.jpg.8f51345c2ae6bd0f00401a13c11b0f22.jpg

This plan was to subsequently fail as mine went down with mysterious bearing clunkings just 1 week later after getting caught in a torrential rainstorm on open ground.

When I have fixed that I will be adding custom satin steel stick on metal 1.5 mm plates to the insides of the batteries, (to repel those pesky little stones that the CST tread constantly picks up and then flicks about randomly) changing out that rather grim CST 186 tyre with its horrible leaning propensities for a CityGrip Extra 80-90-14 (mine's mainly on cycle paths in damp weather) and I have added a number of foam blocks around the machine, one to stop the suspension ever bottoming out and twatting the single bolt that pins the BMS in place to the chassis, (not that my suspension ever does bottom out - I am only 55K, so 200 PSI does just fine) and another to stop water ingress from below directly into the gaping hole to the right of the motor cable input to the MB casing !

Also added, 3D printed better rear stand, charge port cover and just about to buy rucksack waterproof cover (15 ltrs) to cover the whole top in the rain, which you'll need to do because of the mental recess around the charge ports, and the open sides of the top, which you'll see I covered in bumper strip even back in Rev 1 ! soon they'll be getting bumper strip AND the rain cover !

So far I have adapted to the stock pads well, now I have fucked off their ineffectual fake 3M tape and replaced it with industrial velcro. I actually like that you can slide back and forward within those in a way that isn't possible with the after-market stuff, and so far I haven't felt like I need more acceleration power OR breaking power, although that may well be because I haven't ridden it for very long, or very fast yet. I think the locked-in feeling you get with better pads is something you can take or leave depending on your riding style - it is true you can't access the full grunt of the machine as quickly without them, but it gives it to you regardless, and you get used to 'asking' in the right way. Also I like to change my foot position as I ride, which is something that is hard with studded pedals, and harder still with locked in legs ! so the original pads allow me some movement and foot repositioning on-the-fly it would be as lot harder to get if I had locked-in Grizzlas further restricting me.

If you are lucky enough that yours works, and you've checked all the wiring, and insulated your battery packs (tape over the screw holes) you'll have an absolute riot on that machine, as I fully hope to do on mine if my impending bearing regrease solves the knocking noises I have at the moment which are making it currently un-ridable and me very sad ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Thanks 1

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkqBPpdgOht/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I just glued a piece of a yoga mat between the metal fender and the plastic one.

All foam parts and 3d printed parts will be red in the final version. Just saving material untill I have it right.

Pads are my new #zeropads (for sale very soon). The battery case plate is a 5mm polycarbonate cut with a normal jigsaw.  Do not use acrylic as it is not nearly as strong as PC. Acrylic also crack very easily, polycarbonate do not.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjgpTScMCD0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Grizzla Fairings (I would recommend Nylonove)

Grizzla front and rear bumper (I love them)

Personally, I'd vibe on what Adam is doing.  He has the Kuba linkage and all the best goodies on his performance version:  

1 hour ago, organicparadox said:

Personally, I'd vibe on what Adam is doing.  He has the Kuba linkage and all the best goodies on his performance version:  

650 euros of Nylonove addons, and you still have to buy the shock and linkage. Yikes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, organicparadox said:

Highlight of this video is seeing the Sherman S tackle the stairs and various bumps. Add up the cost of modding the Master, and you can afford the Sherman S as it comes, ie ready to enjoy!

• Like 2

I make my choice for the master for easy maintnance. For now i put baby bump on the seat as I was finding the original seat to be really slippery. I will put the grizzla master kit with their flow pad and add the baby bump on the mudguard and the stand.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2022 at 9:59 PM, Jappierre said:

Did someone change their mudguard?

Not yet ! The newer stock one is made of a tougher material than earlier versions and mine has not sustained any damage so far !

24 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Not yet ! The newer stock one is made of a tougher material than earlier versions and mine has not sustained any damage so far !

Same! I thought I would need to create a replacement right away but the one that shipped with mine is robust plastic

• 2 weeks later...

How thick aluminum sheet did you use? 

Does it flex when you push on the side without the cells?

Love it. But also a bit concerned. Is there any chance of ventilation if some cell go bad?

• Like 1

For the mounting brackets i used 6mm, but the Aluminium profile for the case is 2mm thin. I also thought of adding a hole with a rubber dome to allowas some sort of pop-off valve, but then, if a cell goes bad and then hyperthermal, it will burn a nice hole in that 2mm aluminium in no time.

image.thumb.jpeg.cb546f091186bbdf8726eefb51af1f74.jpeg

If a cell goes bad, the pack goes bad and the wheel is up in flames anyway.

Just today i added a thermometer to see the cell pack temperature. More because i want to be sure the cells are not too cold for riding or charging. The probe is inserted under the shrinkwrap, directly between two cells.

image.thumb.jpeg.38366c3bec24c4e4345eedce477a2781.jpeg

Edited by btl
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 5:11 PM, btl said:

Hi guys,

i replaced my mudguard (early hard plastic one) with a MTB mudflap

:image.thumb.jpeg.9a47e5e9c9fa033a16800ba459348298.jpeg

It is really soft and doesn't break, no matter how abused. On that pic you can also see the lights that  i made from an aluminium profile.

Looks like on T4 , i also got rid of the kickstand.

The most work was building the new battery cases. All Aluminium now!

image.thumb.jpeg.9abb8ef2a231b535385a6340a66cba98.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f0c067be33f8b4851a94625ba6a37c95.jpeg

Fox Float shock, Kinetic Pads and a Shinko SR-244.

The Front Bumper is firm foam, covered with the red hard foam plastic. Can be formed when heated with a hot air gun.

image.thumb.jpeg.8982d839bc2f8fb25db415ece8589608.jpeg

I hope you like it,

Greets,

Beetle

Did you have to add any spacers to the battery or shave down the 244 to make the tire fit?

Edited by Sprite

On 12/6/2022 at 9:38 AM, Sprite said:

Did you have to add any spacers to the battery or shave down the 244 to make the tire fit?

The 244 needs 2mm spacers behind the stock battery brackets to fit. My custom brackets are made to fit without spacers needed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, btl said:

I got 35mm stroke linkage from EMA, fits nicely and is only 135g (730g stock) image.thumb.jpeg.a16e5aa84b42dd3f43fa0f9cb4f623ca.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2b3534e58972cbf2216dc52143021b97.jpeg

And we are all waiting for the riding results ;);)

• Like 1