Brand new Kingsong 18X not charging

RotaRigorous

I just received my euc today and downloaded EUC World. It showed that the battery was at 47%, so I plugged in the charger that came with the wheel and came back 4 hours later. It had not charged at all, so changed out the charger for a quick charger and left it for another 4 hours.  It has still not charged at all, and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Screenshot_20221006-010118_EUC World.jpg

Screenshot_20221006-010135_EUC World.jpg

20221006_010329.jpg

Try setup in eucworld and select exacly you type of EUC baybe eucworld bad read you battery.

You smart charger show 84,1 = 100% = full no need charge.

Propably just bad setings in eucworld.

Original charger is green after plug in?

you hear fan after plug in original charger?

i own 16X my experience is based on this euc i no own 18X(L)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Try setup in eucworld and select exacly you type of EUC baybe eucworld bad read you battery.

You smart charger show 84,1 = 100% = full no need charge.

Propably just bad setings in eucworld.

Original charger is green after plug in?

you hear fan after plug in original charger?

i own 16X my experience is based on this euc i no own 18X(L)

Just for the record; You can not trust the readout on the charger.  This can be off by more volt's .  The only way to make sure that the charger has a output of 84 Volts is to measure it at the output terminal. (with a descent multimeter)  And the lenovo plug is NOT the best place to try and measure this (great risk of shorting) .  Many of these chargers are easy opened; 4 screws and the top can be removed.  It's easy to locate the output wires (often with a label DC+ DC1-)  But if you have never done that before, and consider the risk of touching high voltage inside - and broken warranty - its on your own risk.

Edited by Robse

7 hours ago, RotaRigorous said:

I just received my euc today and downloaded EUC World. It showed that the battery was at 47%,

Which fits nicely with the 71.3V for a 84V wheel- so nothing to worry about EUCWorld not recognizing the right wheel.

so I plugged in the charger that came with the wheel and came back 4 hours later. It had not charged at all, so changed out the charger for a quick charger and left it for another 4 hours.  It has still not charged at all,

With 2 chargers no charging shifts the odds for somethings wrong with the wheel. Not the first time wiring/connector faults between the charger port and the motherboard.

Is there any change with EUCWorld at the Voltage or Current values?

If really nothing changes the wheel does not notice the charger plugged in.

Does the green charger led change to red for at least some very short time once plugged to the wheel?

and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong.

Can't thing on what one could do wrong with plugging a plugged in charger to a wheel. There are no different options.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Open the wheel and check the wiring and connectors from the charging plug to the motherboard or return it to your reseller.

PS.: The fuse(s) should be checked, too!

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

Try this: Turn off wheel. Connect charger. Can you connect to wheel via bluetooth? (While charging, wheel gets turned on - you can connect to it.) If you can't connect to the wheel while charging - it would be the same as no charger connected.. It doesn't "detect" the charger?

The perfect test to figure out if charger does charge :thumbup:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robse said:

The perfect test to figure out if charger does charge :thumbup:

I figured... Because my wheel gets turned on every time i connect it to wall. No lights, no balancing, no nothing. But motherboard is active - you can connect to the wheel and see all wheel info, how hot it is getting while charging, the power input, so on..

Doh maybe motherboard is defective.. As it doesn't "power up". As you connect the charger. :D 

Edited by Funky

7 minutes ago, Funky said:

I figured... Because my wheel gets turned on every time i connect it to wall. No lights, no balancing, no nothing. But motherboard is active - you can connect to the wheel and see all wheel info, how hot it is getting while charging, the power input, so on..

Doh maybe motherboard is defective.. As it doesn't "power up". As you connect the charger. :D 

same for 16X - just forgot about it.  Big fun, late night coming home from ride.  Moving silent around in the house just not to wake up anybody.  Wheel off, in stand, and plugging in charger - power on, and the, the big yelling:  "Bluetooth is connected!!"   doh !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Robse said:

same for 16X - just forgot about it.  Big fun, late night coming home from ride.  Moving silent around in the house just not to wake up anybody.  Wheel off, in stand, and plugging in charger - power on, and the, the big yelling:  "Bluetooth is connected!!"   doh !

Need to disable bluetooth. :D Then it would not say anything, when you plug in charger. 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started learning how to ride and discharged the battery to 39%, thinking it may help. Side note, this s**t is hard. Still not charging.

On 10/6/2022 at 7:31 AM, Paradox said:

Maybe you need to do a firmware update?

I upgraded the firmware to V2.18

On 10/6/2022 at 8:58 AM, Chriull said:

Does the green charger led change to red for at least some very short time once plugged to the wheel?

Both chargers show a steady green LED once plugged in.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:58 AM, Funky said:

Try this: Turn off wheel. Plug charger to wall and then to wheel. Can you connect to wheel via bluetooth? (While charging, motherboard gets turned on - you should be available to connect to it.) If you can't connect to the wheel while charging - it would be the same as no charger connected.. It doesn't "detect" the charger. Meaning something is very wrong..

Nothing happens when I plug in the charger; it is not detecting it. I will contact my reseller.

Thank you everyone, I can't wait to learn to ride!

• Like 1

Edit: Not sure how this note was posted, thought I left the threat after double checking the other notes a bit closer. Sorry about that, I cant delete it now

Edited by ElectronxCycles
oops
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

Are you able to connect to the app while it's plugged in?

1 hour ago, RotaRigorous said:

Nothing happens when I plug in the charger; it is not detecting it. I will contact my reseller.

Thank you everyone, I can't wait to learn to ride!

100% contact the seller and return it. Exchange it for working wheel. No repairs - no nothing! Exchange it completely for different unit. (Or you may find different surprises down the road..)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1