Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

Just for reference, from the day my order left the Chinese port to the day I had it on my doorstep was 22 days.

Dec 7th left Hong Kong port

Dec 26th arrived long beach port

Dec 29th at my house, I live 1.5 hours from the port 

Edited by MrMonoWheel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chester Copperpot said:

It’s strange how different peoples experiences can be. He doesn’t like the cornering and has no wobbles. Mine corners great but I’ve got tons of wobble above 20 mph. 

yes, strange. coming from a v12 (which is quite wobbly for me) i have found the SS to be really stable on the stock knobby (well, up to 30mph - that's the fastest i've gone at this point). i was also expecting train-tracking but have noticed non of that either. 

at this point i am working on braking and acceleration (esp at low speed). i think it will be just a matter of learning the correct technique. and its stilll early days yet.

this wheel has exceeded all my expectations with range, suspension and stability. very happy

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Were you constantly experiencing death wobbles above 27 mph, during hard braking? 

yes, and sometimes on the v12 i would get speed wobbles at around 30mph. i managed to deal with those wobbles, but it took effort and focus. on the SS its much more relaxing at speed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrMonoWheel said:

For another data point, I've found the Sherman S to be extremely stable through corners. It feels like it's on rails and leans in to corners with no effort. I only experienced wobbles before I learned the proper technique to ride this wheel and also had to adjust my power pads. Now it's solid as a rock.

What tire pressure have you settled on?

Are you still on stock tire?

2 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I absolutely love the stock tire. The loud humming as I blast down the road fills me with joy as people run away 😂 it's surprisingly useful on campus as everyone hears me coming so the path clears itself 

I'm at 35psi, I haven't tested any other pressures I just looked at the manual and set it to 35 and haven't looked back.

same experience. i set my pressure to 34psi.

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Were your knees bent, and your legs apart enough for the wheel to move side to side?

I usually have a very loose stance and don’t clamp the wheel with my legs. With this I’m having to use leg pressure to calm down the wobble. When I relax is when they come back.

But I’ve only got 50 miles on it so far. I’m sure it will get better. 

• Like 2

I saw that Wrong Way's Sherman S Complete Review video touched on it, but does anyone know of a thorough walk through of the onboard menu?  I'd like to make sure all the settings are good for me before my first ride.

2 hours ago, Demian B said:

I saw that Wrong Way's Sherman S Complete Review video touched on it, but does anyone know of a thorough walk through of the onboard menu?  I'd like to make sure all the settings are good for me before my first ride.

This gives me an idea 

• Like 2

i hope i don't get yelled at, but i'm confused. 

what's this 58 pound and 62 pound sherman s?

dh gate says 58 and 62 pounds. 

makes buying a wheel very confusing.

from jason's website:

• Limited Supply of Sherman-S with 58lb [lighter] suspension & Knobby Tire in Stock.
  • Next Production of heavy 62lb suspension Wheels  scheduled to arrive in early March
  • also from jason:
  • E987867F-2051-4573-90DF-B4919DEAEA2E.thumb.jpeg.5e9cc72df7f1dabca54991d2ee021485.jpeg

5 minutes ago, novazeus said:

from jason's website:

• Limited Supply of Sherman-S with 58lb [lighter] suspension & Knobby Tire in Stock.
  • Next Production of heavy 62lb suspension Wheels  scheduled to arrive in early March
  • also from jason:
  • E987867F-2051-4573-90DF-B4919DEAEA2E.thumb.jpeg.5e9cc72df7f1dabca54991d2ee021485.jpeg

If you're an average adult male get the heavier suspension, the 58 lb one is made for smaller/lighter people

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Like 2

u know, if ur just starting to look, the advertising sb more clear.

i was like hell yeah, 58 pound suspension wheel, i'm in. 

i guess they presume everyone knows everything about their wheels automatically.

the suspension looks good, the wiring isn't as tidy as i'd like.

but i'm in no hurry. i'll wait for all the bugs to work out.

Edited by novazeus

58lbs for riders below 80kg, if you are 79kg then I think it would be fine to go with the heavier (62lbs) spring, especially when you consider your weight with all the gear on.  If you weigh less than 78kg then you should be fine with the lighter (58lbs) spring.  I'm 76kg and trying to gradually lose weight, my target weight is 72kg and I'm (deliberately) making very slow progress towards that, I'm 55-years-old and as I get older the worse it will be to be overweight and/or unfit, so I'm trying my best to look after my health. The more years of good health I can manage, the more years of enjoying riding EUCs!  I've gone with the 58lbs spring, which should suit my weight.  2 and a quarter years ago when my RS arrived I weighed 86kg, so I've lost 10kg since then - this also improves my performance with quicker acceleration & braking due to 10kg less mass to accelerate.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, novazeus said:

from jason's website:

• also from jason:

I suspended disbelief and closed my eyes and said, "of course the mini sherman is being announced".  Then I snapped back to reality.

• Like 1

So, if I buy this wheel will I be happy with it for at least 2 years?

The cost and weight is scaring me a bit, anyone had a high speed fall? Not necessarily top speed but like 60%+

I'm curious as to how it holds up tumbling down the street.