Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

1 hour ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Also forgot to post this pic. The only thing I have found issue with us the pedal extensions are all heavily rusted to the point they almost didn't come out.

IMG_20221231_115600_018.thumb.jpg.f5cbf23db2d93cd5171ff081a21d6ecb.jpg

I don't even get how this happened. You literally just got the wheel. Are they storing these in wet conditions before shipping? Also, I'm not too savvy on metals, but shouldn't this be rust proof since it's on the pedal?

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BKW said:

I don't even get how this happened. You literally just got the wheel. Are they storing these in wet conditions before shipping?

Well they were on a ship.. :whistling: 

Luckily it's only pedals. Doh that wheel is still new, it may have many more problems.. But that's what my reality/negative mind is saying. Let's hope it's the only issue he gets..

Edited by Funky

Just now, Funky said:

Well they were on a ship.. :whistling: 

Luckily it's only pedals. Doh that wheel is still new, it may have many more problems.. But that's my reality/negative mind is saying. Let's hope it's the only issue he gets..

Yeah, but most things shipped overseas are on a ship and they aren't rusted out like that...

I guess it's an easy fix since it looks surface-level, you can sand it and spray some rust proof on it, but that's unacceptable if it arrived like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrMonoWheel said:

IMG_20221231_115600_018.thumb.jpg.f5cbf23db2d93cd5171ff081a21d6ecb.jpg

Click on the picture twice, to open the image in a separate window, magnify the view with 'ctrl +'.......the corrosion on the top rod has caused pitting.

Edited by Paul A
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Funky said:

The wheel has been sitting in wet place.. Which isn't looking good.

I'd be curious to see if other riders who get the wheel experience the same thing

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Funky said:

The wheel has been sitting in moist place

If in fact this is a picture of the wheel he just got and we don't know because he has yet to respond. The only explanation i can think of is that because it was heavily discounted, perhaps its a re-manufactured test model. In that case the rest of the wheel should be fine but it would explain the appearance of rust on the pedal shafts. Shipping wouldn't cause this unless the container had a leak, they are supposed to be water resistant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

If in fact this is a picture of the wheel he just got and we don't know because he has yet to respond. The only explanation i can think of is that because it was heavily discounted, perhaps its a re-manufactured test model. In that case the rest of the wheel should be fine but it would explain the appearance of rust on the pedal shafts. Shipping wouldn't cause this unless the container had a leak, they are supposed to be water resistant.

We'll wait on his response, but I was thinking the same thing, which also may be the reason why he got it cheaper

Just now, Punxatawneyjoe said:

He posted that image himself.. It's his ~3day old wheels pedal. :D Check page 59.

That rust won't happen in ~3days. It has been sitting somewhere in storage, factory..

Just now, Paulyd75 said:

I’m a bit disappointed that I’m going to have to replace these pedals. 😵💫

still very much looking forward to this wheel though. I plan on riding stock for awhile just to see how they are. 

It may be 1 off ordeal... Not everyone will have that problem. At least i hope not everyone..

• Like 1

He posted that image himself

I know i have been following the conversation, i just didn't want to be presumptive and was in a bit of disbelief over it. I have been following this thread to gauge from him his feeling about the wheel since i still have time to cancel my v13 order and i feel he will give an honest review. He is obviously a straight shooter if that's a picture of his new pedal.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BKW said:

may be the reason why he got it cheaper

That might be the explanation.

It was from aliexpress.

On 12/31/2022 at 6:30 AM, MrMonoWheel said:

Let me reiterate here that I didn't pay the $4k+ price tag for my Sherman S and I definitely wouldn't pay that for this (or any) wheel. But for the $3300 I paid it is extremely worth it.

https://eevees.com/products/veteran-sherman-s

Eevees

Pre-order price $5,630.22 Canadian

https://www.ewheels.com/product/veteran-sherman-s-deposit/

Ewheels

Expected release price of $4,150 USD

Edited by Paul A

20 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Yikes, I suppose its a good thing I was going to install new pedals regardless.

Those aftermarket pedals I saw for the SS are 300 dollars... not including shipping? Yeah, that's expensive. I'd almost rather wait it out to see if any cheaper ones come out or install those aftermarket studs myself. It's almost half a thousand dollars for some freaking pedals dude

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2

Pedal price is 200-300$. Same price as any other wheels pedals. So no point crying about it. :D That price has been the same for years.

I get it, but I'll wait a little longer to see if cheaper ones come out, or some alternative is available. I'd drop the 200 but 300 plus shipping(?) makes me feel uncomfortable

36 minutes ago, BKW said:

Those aftermarket pedals I saw for the SS are 300 dollars... not including shipping? Yeah, that's expensive. I'd almost rather wait it out to see if any cheaper ones come out or install those aftermarket studs myself. It's almost half a thousand dollars for some freaking pedals dude

Yeah, I've already come to terms with the cost of the mods I'm going to add to the Sherman S. The Grizzla Flow pads cost me $330 (Canadian) and that was a hard pill to swallow but I have them now ready to go when my wheel comes in. So far I'm between the NyloNove and E-Rides pedals so we will see what those look like and are priced when they are announced. Riding EUC's is an expensive hobby but at least it can be cheaper than gambling or drugs :P

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BKW said:

To be fair, the nylonove pedals are some nice pedals so no doubt they'll be great

Yes they look good and I've heard they perform well. It will accomplish my goal of making the wheel slightly lighter overall which is great. With the E-Rides pedals I can have a black pedal with those heel+toe add on things in yellow which is exactly the colour scheme (black and yellow) I'm going with on the S.

Edited by Clem604

2 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

One thing I've noticed is the top of the suspension bruises the sides of my legs pretty damn hard. I have the official leaperkim pads coming from GTKing that hopefully will fix this.

Have you seen the "additional" seat LeaperKim (I think?) designed, that drapes over the upper suspension posts? Looks like that might solve the problem?

19 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Have you seen the "additional" seat LeaperKim (I think?) designed, that drapes over the upper suspension posts? Looks like that might solve the problem?

The larger seat comes as a package with the pads that cover up the suspension adjustment knobs. I've ordered one of these as well.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOlBYZo

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

With the E-Rides pedals I can have a black pedal with those heel+toe add on things in yellow which is exactly the colour scheme (black and yellow) I'm going with on the S.

@Clem604 with the NyloNove pedals, you can also choose to have the "Overlays" in your colour choice of yellow if so desired: Ergonomic overlays on the NyloNove (hulaj.market)

There is a choice of 11 colours to customize specifically to one's liking.

I can personally recommend the NyloNove pedals having installed them on 2 of my 3 EUC's so far, I love the quality and performance they offer.

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 2