Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

Moving from a smaller and lighter wheel to a much heavier and taller wheel, or to a wheel with higher pedal height will require an adjustment period. But your body will adapt.

Furthermore, once your body has mostly or fully adapted, your smaller and lighter wheels will feel like toys.

It is a really good sign that you batch one owners haven't encountered any really serious issues yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Moving from a smaller and lighter wheel to a much heavier and taller wheel, or to a wheel with higher pedal height will require an adjustment period. But your body will adapt.

Furthermore, once your body has mostly or fully adapted, your smaller and lighter wheels will feel like toys.

It is a really good sign that you batch one owners haven't encountered any really serious issues yet.

Don't jynx us!

It didn't occur to me until I read this comment - yeah we kind of are taking one for the team here.

Aside from the pedal rust, I've only had one other issue.  I wonder if others can tell me if they have observed this:

When my wheel is on and standing still it makes a very faint and peculiar sound.  It sounds exactly like when someone in your house turns on the shower or turns the hose on outside and you can hear the water running through the the walls.  If you live in a big house with thick walls you might not relate to this, but anyway it sounds like running water inside the wheel down by the motor.  The sound gets a little louder as I roll the wheel back and forth.  I can't hear it at all while riding. 

I wondered if it was a fan, but it seems to be coming from the motor.  

Let me know if you guys hear anything like this in your wheel

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I'm also just hitting mile 60 and I'm FAR better on the wheel than even 10 miles ago. I was second guessing my choice at first but now I don't see how I could ride anything else. I've also been putting the suspension through absolute hell so it will be interesting to see what it looks like when I tear it all down again in a few weeks.

I just snuck in 25 miles before the rain comes.   I feel like I had a major breakthrough.

I was generally feeling unstable and was still getting pushed around by the wind.  I realized the ultra plush suspension had lulled me into a bad habit - I was riding straight legged with my feet right up against the wheel.

I decided to try pushing my feet out wider towards the edge of the pedal.  This allowed me to bend my knees and ride more bow legged.  This athletic stance gave me so so much more stability and control over the wheel.  I basically was trying to impersonate that stance that I see good experienced riders use.  

The wheel is so much fun to ride now.  I'm so addicted to this thing.  Best wheel I've ever owned. 

Edited by wstuart
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, wstuart said:

Welcome and congratulations.  If you suck at riding like I do, there will be a learning curve!

I'm at mile 60 and I already feel so so much more confident than in the first 20 miles.  

Also, really try to get the pad setup right.  I love the no-name pads I have on it now.  I tried Clark pads, Nylonove and Grizzlas, and none of work as well for me as the foam ones I have on it now. 

I agree there's a learning curve. This is my first suspension wheel and have to get accustom to the height of the pedal. It feels similar to my OG Sherman (9k ish miles).

Just finished a group ride tonight... 28 miles. I can't ride it without pads. Almost fell over backwards when I first test ride it inside the house. I've the Kai Pads Velcro on, just have to dial it in. I have no idea what to do with adjusting the suspensions. The stock pedals feels good, so far. Note: the pedal extension rods are rusted.

SS001.jpg

Edited by DragonFZ
need to add more info
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Id probably recommend just buying generic stainless grub screws instead of MTB-marketed ones as they are the same thing but cheaper since they dont have the "MTB" orientation (marking anything MTB specific automatically boosts its value XD). As a bonus, these come in a pack of 50 for less and you can order different length if you want more or less poke.

https://www.amazon.com/M4x10mm-Metric-Stainless-Socket-(M4x10mm)/dp/B08ZLXT459/ref=sr_1_4?crid=10G2F5QGL8RR7&keywords=m4x10mm+grub+screw&qid=1673325495&sprefix=m4x10mm+grub+scre%2Caps%2C129&sr=8-4

thanks for the link. i just purchased them.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:06 PM, wstuart said:

I just snuck in 25 miles before the rain comes.   I feel like I had a major breakthrough.

I was generally feeling unstable and was still getting pushed around by the wind.  I realized the ultra plush suspension had lulled me into a bad habit - I was riding straight legged with my feet right up against the wheel.

I decided to try pushing my feet out wider towards the edge of the pedal.  This allowed me to bend my knees and ride more bow legged.  This athletic stance gave me so so much more stability and control over the wheel.  I basically was trying to impersonate that stance that I see good experienced riders use.  

The wheel is so much fun to ride now.  I'm so addicted to this thing.  Best wheel I've ever owned. 

I went through the same thing. I used to ride my V11 straight legged (yeah I know its bad xD) but on this wheel doing that caused me to be super unstable. After watching videos of good riders I noticed how they are almost halfway to a seated position with how much they bend their knees and lean over. I started doing this and now I feel like I am glued into the wheel. Form really does matter.

20230109_162739.thumb.jpg.1d49ec6d93813185d0fb3cb2a171566e.jpg

Edited by MrMonoWheel
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I went through the same thing. I used to ride my V11 straight legged (yeah I know its bad xD) but on this wheel doing that caused me to be super unstable. After watching videos of good riders I noticed how they are almost halfway to a seated position with how much they bend their knees and lean over. I started doing this and now I feel like I am glued into the wheel. Form really does matter.

TgJ979bbFGUYQxufoeisrYisiftewEj7YanJkr1_tufaLxVxinlRClD7vbYtpN6gjj-gzgCv-PwG1yix9v3Nf31q2_7vhwrZArh4r80CNAI6kjHy_l2a-bWB6abrIas7MRGl2rlyStVzzRzCyN78EBuy16X9irVafzI1OigPXe6dNDvwOIrMgu7eNmJnABahy3-gFCqCU1qZn02Y_TdUZsCrBTjefN2vzMDUbo0CANTL8HYORiB4wI2B0AQM-THo7m4WLGQXoLx4wqk8w6pdNazVPV2ZE-3m9ZgsulBp8Q1xHLNWAOyyAdchVHr0vJ0lNJAUk3gtiK0_o96lNRPvY8MAwdQCX8sKuzkPm8q4ur7iuA4xiQmvYu8osvm2zTy9ovBl_d_JrneKhwuKj3cQ6hq7wVo5mitzp2VllgwigtUdclVIuiZTPGlM0L6N6JgCr20YTZa7d9tBAdNDriDrUWrE6QxoYXsppIrudHAFWZ2lHVOJcHo3fN5exVSqHFIWvgcSVOxjNJDZoNefFVu1cwc5qGppJvsAjdYPvOJXmBFNUd_7mviCZ5uA7V423llLLFsghXp8CRU2J8-YaNxGU4pL2oa7-L3w2pwGb5n_zdLSjMUn3ryQ0Al1e4IRWY0cFqUNHlMUrvYedfJJUZnofAuPvwAQRlBo4pJHT2UTKMA7Tivufg8-CFPSmWSQmMYCdxmiWrOhOmop6kB2aRimxMYosx8qCCoUX2zLDkCZTMhYNU4SwgM7Hr7xI7uDoH396glFwz_Yu94qz1yNhW05ai5MoQC7DoiBQKDyB1JJyCP-f52BOIpeZpZvFnTNGsh99JRq25o-hZERsq72UgwLepdAGJrAnzvwNuTeDQhV4AYaBBNE74JQpcovDRfUJKW9h_18v3i9nnbJNH6OuNdlUew4hzlsPsizlV732bFRKWM6DnMBr8Ge_07w88ImfUswMQb2HmJ8eEFX4VEDMJF15X9chXABYVjIZtl282MK4WnB9cJxOX7oQo0=w1730-h1297-no?authuser=0

Ha me too.  My change in stance came from watching Dawn Champion on her v13 speed runs.  I just tried to stand like she does and wudiya know, there's a reason good riders stand like that.

Sometimes I feel a wobble and I bend my knees a bit and the wheel becomes steady, it definitely can help to make the wheel stable.  With uneven ground I bend the knees a lot more to reduce the jarring effect of those bumps, I'm looking forward to my Sherman S arriving so that I can have some suspension to help with those bumps.

36 minutes ago, SeanB said:

Got my Sherman today! Same issue with the rusted pedals. I plan to replace them anyways, but it looks like someone (maybe Ewheels) tried to clean them a little and greased them up. One pedal slider has very little grease on it and was almost rusted tight into the pedal.

IMG_1322.JPEG

Congrats on the new wheel! What an exciting time! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SeanB said:

Got my Sherman today! Same issue with the rusted pedals.

Gratz on the new Sherman, no big deal a little wire brushing and maybe some hex grub screws and your good to go. If that's all you have to contend with than i would say the Sherman s has been a pretty successful release. Still very interested to know how @MrMonoWheel feels about his after riding it.

• Like 1

just bought mine. I'll have to ride it stock for a bit but I'll let ya'll know how I fair with the install. I have already used these pedals on other wheels and I'm sure they will be great!

1 hour ago, SeanB said:

Got my Sherman today! Same issue with the rusted pedals. I plan to replace them anyways, but it looks like someone (maybe Ewheels) tried to clean them a little and greased them up. One pedal slider has very little grease on it and was almost rusted tight into the pedal.

IMG_1322.JPEG

I guess pedals of the first batch/es might have been manufactured earlier and stored prior to assembly in wet... Doesn't mean they should rust like this anyway.

32 minutes ago, That Guy said:

I guess pedals of the first batch/es might have been manufactured earlier and stored prior to assembly in wet... Doesn't mean they should rust like this anyway.

I wonder if there was something wrong with the type of metal or the way the metal was made.  

I cleaned mine off with Breakfree and steel wool and they're already rusting again.  I've never seen a metal do that.  

• Sad 1