Angry debates (especially regarding politics) don't belong in electricunicycle.org

Thanks for your comments - as already written from others please discuss pro vaxx vs anti vaxx in any other suitable medical or whatever forum. This topic is too far from euc and seems too emotional inflicting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, earthtwin said:

I would humbly suggest delayed publishing of flamewar material

How would that work exactly? Wouldn’t it require monitoring each and every post before publishing? How many moderators do you think we have here…? ;)

1 minute ago, earthtwin said:

it's possible that a flamewar could get a person interested in EUC's and help flamesters grow as people.

Flame wars are always off-topic discussions and include comments that are insulting to either a person or a group of persons. Who in their right mind would search the internet for such content?

The few problematic people we’ve had here are always given a warning, and usually several warnings before getting banned. So there definitely would’ve been time for personal reflection. It doesn’t seem to usually change much though. People are who they are, and actual change happens only during a time period of years. Years of extra mod work for a single person is just not viable.

But deleting abusive and insulting posts and threads on this forum is extremely rare. For the few years I’ve been a moderator, I don’t think we’ve removed more than one thread. It’s definitely not done lightly.

I see the word “cencorship” usually being used for removing content from specific political, religion, or sexual views. I don’t see removing generically harmful, abusive and insulting comments as censorship. It’s maintaining order. The rules of the forum are very clear, and moderators take no action towards any comments that follow the rules. So the fact that such posts might be removed should be pretty obvious for every forum member. (Reading the rules is mandatory when joining the forum.)