EUC designs wanted - what do you want your EUC to look like?

360rumors

With a few exceptions, EUC designs seem so lackluster.  Perhaps we as a community can help contribute ideas to manufacturers to at least let them know the kinds of designs we want.  I think with so many talented individuals here, we can come up with some ideas.  And we can upvote the ones we like best.  If manufacturers see this thread, then it could give them ideas for future designs, which in the ideal scenario might even attract new riders.  What do you y'all think?

• Like 1

There’s no way you can improve on the Begode RS, Monster Pro and Master design. Simple, fast looking and extremely functional. To me, they are perfect!

Edited by UtahRider
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I see. They seem a little bit plain looking to me. I’m working on some designs and will upload them after polishing them a bit.

• Like 1

Wrongway rumored early last year(?) that Kingsong was going to introduce two new models. One was the S20, then, it would be followed by an S16. The latter wheel was supposedly be inspired by Starwars. Unfortunately, nothing came out that so far.

• Like 1

Yup.. Designs - i could care less about it. I want something that are very waterproof!!!

Also fuck plastic.. Go metal/aluminum. - All you need is a "frame" that hold everything together.. Battery box left/right, on top one motherboard box. < Here you have a wheel.

Also the battery "boxes" that sit on side should be flat.. So you could put on "pads".

Charging plugs should be sideways.. If you want them on top, they need to come outwards 5mm of frame - so sitting water can't slip in.. Screw on cover for the plugs - not simple "flip-on" covers.. (Generally something better than "flip-on" covers..)

Wire connections should be in middle of wire - not on the motherboard.. (You can damage the mobo, by puling..) Also if connections are in middle of wire, you don't need to aces motherboard each time. Simply unplug 3-5 wires and remove tire..

Simple metal kickstand - 2 metal rods coming out of frame, behind mudguard. (Can add rubber screw on things at the end..)

I could go on.. But these are the main things that bother me. It feels like people who make euc - don't ride themselves.. 

Each time i see new wheel disassemble video - i see so many problems, right out of the box..:facepalm: They make these things simply to break them faster = more money for them.:thumbup:

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

Form follows function, and with the Master and EX20S we see a form that is pretty much perfect. Everything is their own separate "box" (batteries, board, lights, ...) and they are mounted to a sparse frame that is on the motor. It should be noted that KS invented this approach with the S18 (right?), but compared to the S18 and S20, the Begodes seem just so much simpler and cleaner. The Extreme Bull XM is also an example of this approach, and combines it with the Sherman's roll cage idea. So you can see there are still be some very creative variants of this style possible.

I think this will be the new standard for EUCs going forward. At least the bigger ones. Easy and cheap to assemble, easy to repair, weight saving -  what's not to like?

Now, if *some* would just make their boxes watertight and not made from cardboard-strength material;)

I think a simple improvement to this style is a seat (which these wheels naturally have with the top of the board box) that is not actually the top of the board box and can optionally be moved upwards on its own small frame. So the rider sits higher and, more important to me, there is a nice big cargo space between board box and seat. It's the natural place for a nice saddle bag than can hold a full size bottle, charger, and your other miscellaneous stuff. No more annoying backpack if you want to take anything small but too big for your pockets with you!

Another improvement to this style would be getting rid of rectangular battery packs and making more "natural" shield-shaped ones, like this (seen from the side):

1.jpg.afe202ac28d481ceb3e848bbc0aba410.jpg

Not too much harder to assemble, but the form might fit better to a EUC?

As for looks, the biggest part of that will be the shape of the various protective pads that get put on the boxes.

-

The alternative are the classic external shells, for robustness, ergonomy, and looks reasons (and maybe aerodynamics? I'm wondering...). You have more variety and options to design here. That is what Inmotion has been doing with the V11 and V12 (curious about the "V13" and whether it will follow this approach).

I think this approach offers a ton of creativity and things to design, so it's hard to make concrete improvement ideas there. Everything is possible.

-

Oh, and if there is one thing the manufacturers definitely won't do is come here and look at our ideas:D But maybe some stuff will diffuse to them eventually via mysterious means.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

It feels like people who make euc - don't ride themselves.. 

This is such a good point. I'm afraid it's true. How else could you explain some of the truly baffling decisions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

s18 still looks the sexiest imho. The smartie shape of the 18xl is perfect function and simplicity, takes a tumble very well too. For use, i prefer function over form. For eye candy... the s18 in a display case. We are talking just looks tho...:eff02be2d7:

The 18xl and flat sided veteran allow for user mods. As @Vanturion mentions. Keep it function and allow the end user to 'form'. For as sexy as the s18 appears, its surely not as functional/durable or as easy to modify to user liking. I think we need see focus on actual quality of the insides and THEN simply put a shell over it. I can modify the externals, but i can't modify the core of the electrical system.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Upvote 2

The Z10 is concise and dense. I like how the tire is exposed on it and how its shorter than most other wheels on the top, doesn't extend too far above the wheel. It packs a punch for its size too, which is awesome. Its handle is also one of if not the best, very comfy to grip and lug it around when needed.

I wouldnt mind a bunch of Z series wheels that look like the Z6/8/10

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EUC24 said:

What about my concept? Kind of flying wheel :)

IMG_9306.pngIMG_9305.pngIMG_9304.pngIMG_9303.pngIMG_9302.pngIMG_9301.png

Bhru! Are you 7? :D Could have used popsicle sticks and glue - at least then it would resemble real euc. (euc quality - how they are made.) 

• Haha 1

@EUC24 wow you made it from Lego?!? It reminds me of the Honda goldwing! I like it! I also like the power pads that look like air intakes! And what looks like dual kickstand/bumpers (?)

Edited by 360rumors
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Funky said:

Bhru! Are you 7? :D Could have used popsicle sticks and glue - at least then it would resemble real euc. (euc quality - how they are made.) 

Nope, real EUC isn’t really tough to reproduce. The idea was the new futuristic concept, how the wheels would look in the future 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

And now I got what you meant - how EUC are made (from glue and sticks) Bravo! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

The problem with design elements are that they break off in a crash. I'd rather manufacturers grasped the simple concepts of front and rear lighting, waterproofing, robustness in a crash and, most of all, not randomly bursting into flames. I love my Nik+ but it's rear light is a joke and Begode's fire safety is embarrassing. 

More often than not, achieving 'form' without too many compromises to 'function' is far and away the most difficult challenge in product design. The question always seems to be: Can I live with this or that shortfall, or not?

A great looking one wheeled vehicle with 10 mile range and a tendency to nosedive... is (to me) a form win but function fail. But I still love the whole idea and how it looks!

Edited by Tawpie