V10 vs v10F.....anyone help me actually figure out if the F version is worth buying over the original?

tenofnine

So they are the same weight which leads me to believe the batteries power densities are different but the same volume and weight. This is so disappointing, wish the v10 was lighter and used the v10f batteries and just had less cells.

I assumed that you get more range and power/torque out of the V10F....but in every comparison I've seen or separate reviews that doesn't seem to be the case or it's unclear.

And from many accounts it seems like the v10 is less prone to cutting out, overheating, or having a firmware induced hardware malfunction.

Can anyone help me? I don't mind at all paying more for the V10F but I want to know that I'm not just getting taken for a ride and spending the extra for no reason. Is the range really better? The different batteries make it safer? Will it actually last longer since the higher battery capacity = more cycles I can charge it for?

• Upvote 1

V10 and V10F are pretty much the same wheels, except that the V10F cells are higher capacity type.

V10F worth over V10 entirely depends on the price, and what you want to do with it.
I'm not sure if you already have a V10 and think of upgrading to a V10F. In that case, it's pretty unlikely it would be worth it.

Bigger is always better if you can afford it. Less range anxiety and you'll be further away from reaching low battery on a ride so it will be safer. 

• Upvote 1

Get the V8S.

Zippier, more compact, lighter and more convenient than V10/f series. Retractable trolley handle gives a nice silhouette than the naff scorpion v10 handle design.

Skip over V10/f to the V11 and V12 if you’re seeking. power and speed.

There are 3 differences between v10 and v10f. 

1. Price

2. The color in design of the wheel. Gold (v10) vs red (v10f).

3. Battery. V10 has noname chinese bttery, v10f has LG battery.

The only real difference is the 3rd point. The main board motor shell trolly and everything are the same.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Waulnut said:

Bigger is always better if you can afford it. Less range anxiety and you'll be further away from reaching low battery on a ride so it will be safer. 

I second this.

Don't worry about failure reports. There is no reason why the V10F should be more susceptible to failure than the V10. Maybe there are just more V10F so you hear more about their problems?

What do you want the wheel for? You already have a Tesla (or so it says) so I'm wondering.

• Upvote 1

eWheels has them in stock right now unless it is a typo. They had them in 2021 also and then they sold out for about 6 months. Seems like the In Stock status was just updated within the last 1-2 weeks because I've been checking every now and then.

17 hours ago, Wolverine said:

If I were you, I would get a V10F.

same. Bigger battery is always batter. Range anxiety significantly decrease pleasure from riding euc.

But....in similiar price You can buy much better euc - Gw Msx from aliexpress, yesterday i saw it for 1600usd.

(weight 22,8kg, motor 2000w + wider tire 3", battery 1600wh so much more than inmotion and still quite cheap.)

The motors of the V10 and F are the same. The controller is the same as well. The only difference is the battery and a coloured stripe that is a part on its own and can be removed.  

I read as well that the new V10 batches (if they still make it) has higher capacity than the original but they never advertise it. It was cheaper for the higher capacity so they just silently included it.