Losing weight from riding EUC?

360rumors

1 hour ago, 360rumors said:

Wow that's a very interesting insight.

Indeed, it was really eye opening when I learnt it.

I guess in addition to the respiratory system there's also the excretory system.

Nope, that is for the waste your body can't utilize. Sweat is mostly water and some amounts of minerals, lactic acid and urea. Exhaling is the way fat goes.

Edited by Eucner
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 4:14 AM, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Mostly our morgues are filling up due to overdoses from fentanyl...i know ten people who have died of overdoses since 2015 and after seeing two people die one at Walmart and one close relative...i just received my project D.A.W.N training and carry 8 doses of narcan incase I come acrossed an overdose.I’ll be carrying it when I’m out riding my new euc just incase I have to help save someone .

Be careful when you do... I will never forget that one reddit post by a longtime paramedic about applying narcane. He said those cases were what he dreaded most and that they were more traumatic than the worst industrial and motorcycle accidents. You had what, for all practical purposes, was a corpse in front of you and within seconds of the injection they came alive again in the blink of an eye, howling like banshees and usually trying their best to hit, kick or bite you or at least spit or piss on you for dragging them back into this mortal coil. And you have to hold them down until the police or the medics arrive because otherwise they will run away and hide where you cant find them and die there because the narcane wears off so fast.

Edited by mhpr262

The obvious thing I would say is that if you're looking to lose weight then the best thing would be about food and less caloric intake; that's the best way. But if you're asking specifically while riding EUCs, then I would think anything that gets your heart rate up, cardio, and make you use more muscles, which in turn burns more calories. With that said, probably jumping with EUCs is the best way to burn calories since you're using more energy than other methods, followed by riding heavier wheels, worse road conditions making you "fight" the wheel, etc. If you want to lose the LEAST amount of calories then ride on the street with a street tire, a light wheel, and go straight. Still, riding an EUC to lose weight is not very effective compared to other methods such as jogging or, most importantly, lowering your calories to go into a caloric deficit.

Edited by bkw
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Be careful when you do... I will never forget that one reddit post by a longtime paramedic about applying narcane. He said those cases were what he dreaded most and that they were more traumatic than the worst industrial and motorcycle accidents. You had what, for all practical purposes, was a corpse in front of you and within seconds of the injection they came alive again in the blink of an eye, howling like banshees and usually trying their best to hit, kick or bite you or at least spit or piss on you for dragging them back into this mortal coil. And you have to hold them down until the police or the medics arrive because otherwise they will run away and hide where you cant find them and die there because the narcane wears off so fast.

Yeah I have saved someone many years ago and they were very angry that i messed up their high and they ran off pissed.i also carry latex gloves in my kit so I don’t get possible fentanyl on my hands if powder would happen to be in their nose when I spray the narcan .

12 hours ago, gon2fast said:

As far as weight loss...

Walk your neighborhood for 10 minutes a day while carrying your wheel(s) and you will see positive results or destroy your back.  

Not nearly enough work to make any difference. Losing weight through exercise is very very hard. 10 minutes of carrying somethin will barely move the needle.

Two hours of trail running or mountain biking will burn around 1K calories without any motors involved. So folks thinking they are burning huge calories standing on an EUC are not being realistic.  :unsure:

• Like 3

• You lose weight by eating less (and less crap, so you don't eat filler due to your nutritional needs not being fulfilled yet). This includes sugary drinks, which people often ignore (soda, coffee, ..). Nothing is remotely as important for weight loss as how much (and what) you eat.
  • The role of excercise is not to burn calories while you excercise. The role of excercise is to build muscles, which always burn calories by virtue of existing. This is how excercise helps with weight loss (or rather fat loss, as muscles weigh much more than fat, so the overall weight must not necessarily change).
  • EUC riding is barely mild cardio. Crazy offroad and trick riding excluded. And learning, boy that can be hefty - but it will be only for a short time.

My 1.75 cents:) (down from 2 cents in the spirit of the topic)

• Like 3

I'm trying out "fasting" myself now. :D (Much easier not to eat, than "count" calorie intake) - Even when you count them.. You still feel hungry, because less intake.

Funny thing - after 24hrs not eating +12hrs after sleep, (so it's ~36hrs) Next day you wake up and don't even want to eat. The hunger is gone.. Same time you feel more energetic. Will do that for 48hrs. After that very light/small meal.. Also my appetite has gotten smaller. Before that i always was hungry!

Riding euc - you would be lucky, if you burned one bacon strip, that you had for morning. :D 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

I'm trying out "fasting" myself now. :D (Much easier not to eat, than "count" calorie intake) - Even when you count them.. You still feel hungry, because less intake.

Funny thing - after 24hrs not eating +12hrs after sleep, (so it's ~36hrs) Next day you wake up and don't even want to eat. The hunger is gone.. Same time you feel more energetic. Will do that for 48hrs. After that very light/small meal.. Also my appetite has gotten smaller. Before that i always was hungry!

Riding euc - you would be lucky, if you burned one bacon strip, that you had for morning. :D 

Wow. I guess my concern is whether my body would try to slow down its metabolism if it thinks it is starving. 

Wow. I guess my concern is whether my body would try to slow down its metabolism if it thinks it is starving. 

Yes, that is the famous "brick wall" that people often hit when dieting. The weight loss seems to stop all of a sudden, no matter what you do. It is very demotivating.

• Like 1

You still can drink water.. Simple tea or dark coffee - no sugar, etc.. After some time, when you don't eat, so called "gas can" gets empty. The body starts to eat the reserves "fat". And i got that plenty in reserve. :D My biggest surprise was that i got more energetic and didn't feel hungry. Even after that said small meal, i didn't fell hungry.

Normally i daily ate 2-3 big dishes and of course sweets/junk food. Could drink 2L cola easy. (That alone was like ~800 calories.) +everything else easy passed 3k calories. And most of the calories would be the "bad" ones..

It felt like my stomach got resetted. You could do it even for longer 72hrs+. But then you risk losing muscles, etc.. For me 36-48hrs (night, day, night, then next day eat something small) easy once a week. Easy 8.000+ calories lost per week. "+" because i don't feel so hungry anymore.

Also funny thing after 48hrs not eating the "good food" tastes even good: avocado, rice cakes, cooked fish, greens - i normally hate those. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Silverfish said:

not nearly enough work to make any difference. Losing weight through exercise is very very hard. 10 minutes of carrying somethin will barely move the needle.

Ok, 20 minutes then, but first do the 10 minute experiment and report back on the experience LOL. Keep in mind that none of this serious, we all know what it takes to address weight loss and it is not dorking around on our wheels.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 2:11 PM, 360rumors said:

I was watching a video last night where they were talking about how some users have lost weight from riding EUC.  Any tips on how to do that?  Other than the first couple of days, I don't sweat at all when I ride EUC.  I do exercise my legs and I'm improving my balance, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I should be doing to maximize any health benefits.

To best lose weight by the simple task of standing atop an euc... you must first be horribly out of shape and overweight. If riding an euc (aside from hard core offroad or racing), is losing you much weight, thats a sign that you were horribly out of shape. Losing weight seems to usually be a matter of increasing movement of the body via your OWN muscle power, and/or eating less than you previously have. Some people could lose weight by standing up for 20 minutes a day. Of course, these are the people that set the bar so low, that its not really a bar. The people in the wal-mart pic, are a good example of who cold lose weight by merely standing a little bit.

On 4/22/2022 at 1:49 PM, Paul A said:

This is crazy.

Is government responsible for trying to prevent such harm (obesity) to people?  Or would that be a nanny state, interference on personal freedom?

DxpkWE2P8gH4Fn3webIowRXxbu64SDRFXtlXPiWD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoj4BrcLEZDaQYiwT9F1F

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAMXv6cCmM1YF5lu2qddg

Seriously? Are you asking if government control over our personal eating habits, is overreach? OF COURSE it is!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Governments can control some things such as school lunches.

The Mike Moore video of French and US school lunches are perhaps one strategy.

Lifelong, healthy eating habits possibly established in early childhood.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 2:33 AM, Silverfish said:

Not nearly enough work to make any difference. Losing weight through exercise is very very hard. 10 minutes of carrying somethin will barely move the needle.

Sounds like somebody hasn't ever tried carrying their V12 while walking for 10 minutes straight.

Post the video of yourself trying, we all have an extra 40 seconds for a good laugh.

21 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Woohoo took my new rs19 out for the first time.took me 10 minutes of going around my car in a park parking lot to figure it out then I was doing laps around the parking lot and thru the trails in the park even hitting the first and second beeps .was a lot easier to learn than I thought it would be..euc’s are way too much fun !

Congrats on your awesome new wheel! Hope you have a full face helmet like a lightweight mountain bike helmet. I busted 2 teeth and bent back a 3rd tooth 45 degrees.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Esash said:

Congrats on your awesome new wheel! Hope you have a full face helmet like a lightweight mountain bike helmet. I busted 2 teeth and bent back a 3rd tooth 45 degrees.

I have my motorcycle helmet cuz I used to ride r6’s and I have all my gear from riding sport bikes as far as back plates and armored jacket and whatnot .ewheels gave me free wrist guards with my wheel so I used those .they also gave me the begode spiked pedals for free and the thicker power pads but I haven’t put the power pads on yet cuz everyone said to learn to ride without them but I think I’m gunna put them on soon as Amazon can deliver my Velcro 😂.another good thing is ewheels sent me a free reinforced shell for the rs because they had some quality issues with this recent batch of shells.but mine is good so far  so I’ll have one for a backup 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

Think you would get a better workout with a suspension wheel?

Lugging it around? yep.  Riding it? Maybe? Suspension adds weight, and you have a higher step to stand on when you're mounting.

4 hours ago, Esash said:

Sounds like somebody hasn't ever tried carrying their V12 while walking for 10 minutes straight.

Post the video of yourself trying, we all have an extra 40 seconds for a good laugh.

I lost 70 pounds a few years ago, which is more than my EUC weighs. I could walk fine carrying around all that extra weight, and it didn't help me lose weight! The only reason carrying an EUC for ten minutes would be tough is grip. Strapping it on like a backpack wouldn't be a problem. And its not like its not work to do it, its just takes a LOT of work to burn enough calories to lose weight. There's a reason for expressions like "You can't outrun a fork" exist. Successful weight loss comes from diet changes. I wasn't able to lose weight until I figured that out.

Also, why so pissy about it?

21 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Ok, 20 minutes then, but first do the 10 minute experiment and report back on the experience LOL. Keep in mind that none of this serious, we all know what it takes to address weight loss and it is not dorking around on our wheels.

Actually its not common knowledge. The existence of this thread is a demonstration of that. Lots of people don't realise it, and think exercise is a viable method. Its not. Because being overweight means you are eating more calories that your body needs. And those people might work hard, not see results, and assume that they can't lose weight. So it doesn't matter if some people already recognise this (and for some reason want to jokingly perpetuate the myth). The message isn't for them.

Edited by Silverfish

10 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

I lost 70 pounds a few years ago, which is more than my EUC weighs. I could walk fine carrying around all that extra weight, and it didn't help me lose weight! The only reason carrying an EUC for ten minutes would be tough is grip. Strapping it on like a backpack wouldn't be a problem. And its not like its not work to do it, its just takes a LOT of work to burn enough calories to lose weight. There's a reason for expressions like "You can't outrun a fork" exist. Successful weight loss comes from diet changes. I wasn't able to lose weight until I figured that out.

Also, why so pissy about it?

Actually its not common knowledge. The existence of this thread is a demonstration of that. Lots of people don't realise it, and think exercise is a viable method. Its not. Because being overweight means you are eating more calories that your body needs. And those people might work hard, not see results, and assume that they can't lose weight. So it doesn't matter if some people already recognise this (and for some reason want to jokingly perpetuate the myth). The message isn't for them.

So you went from dismissing a perfectly valid fitness activity (walking while carrying 70+ lbs for 10 minutes) to now dismissing exercise - any exercise - entirely.

Now I don't even need to see a 40 second video of you huffing and puffing with your V12 in your hands. I know you can't do it.

31 minutes ago, Esash said:

So you went from dismissing a perfectly valid fitness activity (walking while carrying 70+ lbs for 10 minutes) to now dismissing exercise - any exercise - entirely.

Now I don't even need to see a 40 second video of you huffing and puffing with your V12 in your hands. I know you can't do it.

In terms of health its great. In terms of losing weight, exercise won't get you there. Its not being dismissive to say so. Its being realistic about weight loss. Could I carry around my v12 by the handle for 10 minutes? probably not. My grip would likely fail. Could I carry it on my back? no problem. Its just 65 lbs. Would 10 minutes of carrying be tough? to an extent. Would it be enough to make you lose weight? no. Is it bizarre that you are jumping into personal attack territory? absolutely. Its really weird.

Edited by Silverfish