Opinions Required - New Smart Electric Unicycle

Ezee-Ryders

As @Cloud  says, these are neat looking machines that one feels ought to do well, but don't seem to have the specs to do so.  Two very important specs that are missing are the total weight of the machines and the total capacity of the batteries (the current they draw is fairly meaningless). Certainly, as it stands, the motor power and available voltage do not look like they will safely balance a western rider at the stated speeds. Low power and low batteries are a recipe for the wheel faceplanting. 

9 hours ago, Ezee-Ryders said:

You can have the same faceplant with a normal EUC. Although with a handle, you can use your hands to stabilize the device and quickly put your feet on the floor without worrying about the device falling...

Take a look at some of the videos of EUCs faceplanting, should this have bugs, malfunctions or simply not enough power so as to cause that to happen at more than 25kph, you will have a snowball in Hell's chance of preventing it. Any forward safety bar will dig in and cause the whole machine to flip. If the rider is unfortunate enough to have his hands around the handlebars at the time the rider gripping them will lose his fingers!

Really good safety features, excellent software and, above all, more than adequate power reserves will all be needed on machines of the size and weight these must be.

16 hours ago, Ezee-Ryders said:

This is exactly why I asked for your opinions. Since it's a new product, I want to get all the info and get back to the manufacturer for more details or to see if they can improve these models. @Chriull, I know you initially said you're not interested in these, but you have to admit, the idea seems pretty good, especially if the manufacturer will end up improving their product. 

With a 500 W motor you cannot safely go 35 km/h on an EUC - your at the (or already) over the limits and have no reserve.

And as others already mentioned - the construction seems really dangerous. With a faceplant you have (almost) no chance to react anyhow - with this construction you will just be catapulted through the air and have it jumping behind you - if you are not getting one with the handlebar... ;(

?? hours ago, Ezee-Ryder said: " You can have the same faceplant with a normal EUC. Although with a handle, you can use your hands to stabilize the device and quickly put your feet on the floor without worrying about the device falling.."

How often did you or your chinese manufacturer try this? At the speeds they state this machine drives!

And if one ever goes with such a machine somewhere near this speed and happens to have an accident...

10 hours ago, Ezee-Ryders said:

I live in Montreal, Canada ...

At the same time, if you have someone in the States, in Florida or California, these would be pretty awesome to ride on the boardwalk. 

So we're not looking at these as daily transportation necessarily but more for leisure activities. 

... you should pray do not be the local reseller who is liable for this!

Imho.

1. the advantage of a EUC to be carried up some stairs is lost with this design, if I cant carry it, I might as well go bi-cycle for added safety with 0 drawbacks.

2. I get faster, farther running E-bikes with no legal issues and physical brakes for half the price of this.

So in my humble opinion, this wont even begin to be a trend with those prices and specs.

• 1 month later...
On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 5:00 AM, DS said:

Those units are in a different category than our EUCs.

If I guess that their road range is basically the same as of the EUCs, then why do you need a seat? It makes the unit bigger which means you can't take it in the bus/train, will not fit in small cars trunk, will not fit under your chair/table in the coffee/restaurant, you'll be not tolerated in a busy pedestrian sidewalks...

Anyway, some will like them, some will buy them, the final word has the king Free Market :)

lol I have ridin one the same as second picture. you cannot drive it sitting on seat. have a look on utube they all stand on footboards when moving and those sitting quickly start standing as soon as they get going along. I actually went over the handlebars try to sit and ride. once you lean forward or backwards too much they cannot hold you up and you hit the deck with wheel still driving.

Archived