No idea in what to buy

Welcome to the forum ! This is one of our most favored question. Lots of people will be along shortly to give their opinions.

Im just the old fart at the door who has no opinions on anything.

Best,

edit: ok, I’ll just say this :  Get one with a reputation of reliability and < 24 kg.

Edited by OldFartRides
  • Haha 2

Hello, Hello. First question: Dare Devil or A turtle? Fast or Slow? Danger or Safety?

I'm little more heavy than you (127kg), euc is nothing to compare that has 2 wheels.. Bike skills means 0 here. xD

Learning wasn't hard at all. First learning attempts i thought "How the hell someone can ride this WTF.." After 1 week it's feels the same as regular bike now. You just have to learn it. Some people learn faster then others also.. I was riding after 3 days, each day i spent 15 mins trying at 4th day attempt i was going in circles etc..

You need safety gear also. Some use more some less of it..

Being a heavy rider i recommend having 18x3 or 16x3 (Or bigger) tire for best result. I'm riding my self kingsong 18xl. I was looking also at 16x, but the handle one 16x is awkward. Because it's "square angled" and it did not feel so great carrying it.. So i went with 18xl much better handle for carrying. You can also simply push it by handle if you really don't need to carry it?

At learning you will have feet pains, but after 2/3 weeks you don't hurt anymore.

Wheel choice comes down to how far you need to travel and at what speed.. More speed/range means also more heavy wheel. Anything heavier than 35kg is to heavy to carry for "long" distance. My 18xl is 25kg heavy and it's okey to carry in bus/train to 3rd floor apartment.

I would have gone with ks16s but as being "heavy ridder" i needed safety room for "CutOut" danger, so i went with bigger wheel.

Euc are 10x more fun than "e-scooter" that's for sure. + you feel les of road "bumps" because of bigger tire. So feet hurt less..

As for repair the wheel can work years if nothing breaks.. But if battery/motor or something goes "feet up". You will pay a lot more than on regular bike. That's for sure..

At the end of day it's the same as regular bike.(More fun) But with a danger of getting "faceplant" if euc suddenly stops working. <<< Just a reminder. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Carrying a wheel is a nightmare. Of course, finding a place to park a car, can be fun too.

What kind of person are you? When the weather isnt just right, would you prefer jogging a few blocks in the rain/cold, or getting in a prewarmed car? How far are you going to need to travel, and are you going to need to be carrying things like groceries, people, laundry, valuables? I think the first thing you need clear up is... Would you prefer a car or are you one of these people who view a car as bad and would go out of your way to NOT use one? Are you moving to an area that is car friendly, or is it an area full of spandex and raybans? In my area, you HAVE to have a car, or you are basically screwed. Hell, I've lived in a tiny crap car! Can't say I've slept on my euc. I'd say that anywhere BUT a huge city, and you're gna need a car. Even then, youll have to rent a car or borrow one, should you need visit someone outside the city. If you plan to move and become a sheltered go nowhere person (aside from relying on others for transport), an euc would probably be just fine. From MY bias, I would suspect a person NEEDS a car and could benefit from an euc. You can fit an euc in a car during an ice storm. You cant fit a car on an euc in a rainstorm.

Honestly, I think you are asking some very good questions, but its all too vague. Or at least, I don't know what to tell you. I do know for sure that around here (and MOST of USA), a car can easily replace an euc. An euc can't replace a car. Having both is the only REAL solution. My electricity comes from Nuclear and coal. The batteries in my EUC, come from mined lithum. Honestly, NEITHER seems environmentally friendly. If I was concerned, I guess I would walk and be sure to eat sustainably sourced tofu...:barf:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fantastic replies all around, so I will take a somewhat different path. Besides taking into account what has been stated in the thread, don't over think it too much. Get a good wheel that is in your range of usability and learn learn learn. After a year or two you will understand what most appeals to you with your new skill set. Enjoy your new found freedom of movement.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

First of all let me say that i am really glad you guys replied and gave so many suggestions with such a great and kind way, i really appreciate it! <3 

Second let me quote you one by one so i can reply to all of you hehe 

Spoiler

haha i loved this first reply i got i mean it haha xD

<spoiler>

13 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Also welcoming you! There are a lot of folks with great advice here, some of it will be conflicting but if I were to sum it up I'd say...

Learning to ride an EUC takes some commitment, for some it comes naturally but for most it's several months before they "should" be riding in traffic. Folks of course do things they really shouldn't and get away with it all the time, but please allow yourself time to build your skills because it just takes time. During this process, you can go slowly on bike paths and still get places, but over confidence in your ability will get you seriously injured.

You will be very sore and a bit bruised while learning, but that goes away. After a month or so you'll only hurt after you fall. (you will fall, that's what the protective gear is for)

Distance travelled is a big decider in what wheel to get, and the simple fact is that the farther you need to travel the faster you want to go and those two needs will force you to buy an expensive and very heavy (35+ kg) wheel. Since you're not a light weight, you'll need a larger more capable wheel than someone like me.

Nobody actually "carries" a wheel anywhere but up and down stairs when there are too many people around to ride down the stairs. They all have the ability to 'trolley' themselves around, guided by a handle. Zero effort required if there's a lift available!

You should consider weather. It's entirely possible to ride in all weather conditions but cold decreases your range and rain/snow means you'll want to take precautions with water. EUC travel can be an all-weather affair, but honestly, it's a lot more pleasant when it's dry and warm outside.

You will also want to reserve money for protective riding gear... you may well end up in motorcycle kit. That has to be put on and taken off, so it makes things less "jump in and go".

Maintenance costs are pretty low actually. You can expect a wheel to require tires and that's about it. Properly cared for, the batteries should last 30k km, and they're the most expensive part of the wheel. What isn't inexpensive is multiple-wheel-syndrome, it's pretty much unavoidable. First you want a commuting wheel, then you want an off-roading wheel, then you want a fooling around wheel, then you want a faster wheel, then you want...

Your wheel will probably cost as much as a used car. But there's no gas bill!

If I were in your situation, I'd plan to start with a used car and buy/learn to ride. If riding turned out to be a good replacement for the car, sell the car. Don't plan on selling the wheel though, they're simply too much fun to part with once you can ride!

Again welcome, and remember that I'm no authority on this topic. Wheels are very individual so you must do what is right for you.

</spoiler>

Thank you for your answer! I don't mind at all riding in a bad weather or in a really hot weather because i had always been a motorcycle rider ( enduro and racing tracks  also ) with all the pros or the cons that it has. ( getting wet, falling down etc xD ). As for the wheel i know i have to get something "big" to be able to carry me in a "safe" way so i that's why i said about the price being almost the same as a used car. The reason i was thinking about it as an alternative is exactly because there is no gas bill, no insurance, no big maintenance bills almost nothing as you said, and the last reason is that sweden ( i have been there twice so i know somehow how it goes with the transportation system ) has really good transport to almost everywhere and to afford a card there is pretty expensive as you need to pay EVERYTIME to park it there is no free parking nowhere even at your own house...

<spoiler>

13 hours ago, Funky said:

Hello, Hello. First question: Dare Devil or A turtle? Fast or Slow? Danger or Safety?

I'm little more heavy than you (127kg), euc is nothing to compare that has 2 wheels.. Bike skills means 0 here. xD

Learning wasn't hard at all. First learning attempts i thought "How the hell someone can ride this WTF.." After 1 week it's feels the same as regular bike now. You just have to learn it. Some people learn faster then others also.. I was riding after 3 days, each day i spent 15 mins trying at 4th day attempt i was going in circles etc..

You need safety gear also. Some use more some less of it..

Being a heavy rider i recommend having 18x3 or 16x3 (Or bigger) tire for best result. I'm riding my self kingsong 18xl. I was looking also at 16x, but the handle one 16x is awkward. Because it's "square angled" and it did not feel so great carrying it.. So i went with 18xl much better handle for carrying. You can also simply push it by handle if you really don't need to carry it?

At learning you will have feet pains, but after 2/3 weeks you don't hurt anymore.

Wheel choice comes down to how far you need to travel and at what speed.. More speed/range means also more heavy wheel. Anything heavier than 35kg is to heavy to carry for "long" distance. My 18xl is 25kg heavy and it's okey to carry in bus/train to 3rd floor apartment.

I would have gone with ks16s but as being "heavy ridder" i needed safety room for "CutOut" danger, so i went with bigger wheel.

Euc are 10x more fun than "e-scooter" that's for sure. + you feel les of road "bumps" because of bigger tire. So feet hurt less..

As for repair the wheel can work years if nothing breaks.. But if battery/motor or something goes "feet up". You will pay a lot more than on regular bike. That's for sure..

At the end of day it's the same as regular bike.(More fun) But with a danger of getting "faceplant" if euc suddenly stops working. <<< Just a reminder. :D 

</spoiler>

Hehe nice i found someone that weights almost like me haha xD

At fist to answer your first question i am the type of guy that had 1000cc bikes when he was 14 and been riding since then everyday ( enduro, motocross, track sessions etc ) and that was going 300kmh/+ into traffic. ( do not attempt it i was a little stupid kid then...:D ) so i guess the answer is Danger And fast as it can go :lol:

At second I will totally agree that if you have the will to learn you wil,l also if you like it you will learn it even faster.  I will search euc's then with the tire dimension you recommended because i didn't knew it as i didn't knew it for the "heavy" weight wheels because i was planning on getting a heavy one to be able to carry my weight.

You kinda scared me with the last part of your answer :lol: it is really possible to stop working while u riding it? Holy f... Then you die? :lol: I have had looots of crashes and some of them at really high speeds with the motorcycle but they didn't stopped working so i knew how to protect myself :lol:

<spoiler>

11 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Carrying a wheel is a nightmare. Of course, finding a place to park a car, can be fun too.

What kind of person are you? When the weather isnt just right, would you prefer jogging a few blocks in the rain/cold, or getting in a prewarmed car? How far are you going to need to travel, and are you going to need to be carrying things like groceries, people, laundry, valuables? I think the first thing you need clear up is... Would you prefer a car or are you one of these people who view a car as bad and would go out of your way to NOT use one? Are you moving to an area that is car friendly, or is it an area full of spandex and raybans? In my area, you HAVE to have a car, or you are basically screwed. Hell, I've lived in a tiny crap car! Can't say I've slept on my euc. I'd say that anywhere BUT a huge city, and you're gna need a car. Even then, youll have to rent a car or borrow one, should you need visit someone outside the city. If you plan to move and become a sheltered go nowhere person (aside from relying on others for transport), an euc would probably be just fine. From MY bias, I would suspect a person NEEDS a car and could benefit from an euc. You can fit an euc in a car during an ice storm. You cant fit a car on an euc in a rainstorm.

Honestly, I think you are asking some very good questions, but its all too vague. Or at least, I don't know what to tell you. I do know for sure that around here (and MOST of USA), a car can easily replace an euc. An euc can't replace a car. Having both is the only REAL solution. My electricity comes from Nuclear and coal. The batteries in my EUC, come from mined lithum. Honestly, NEITHER seems environmentally friendly. If I was concerned, I guess I would walk and be sure to eat sustainably sourced tofu...:barf:

</spoiler>

Sweden sucks at parking your car, almost no spaces and if you find you always got to pay and its pretty expensive i can assure you so yeah it can get "fun" having a car there:lol: 

As for me i am the kind of person that doesn't care about the weather conditions, i have been used to riding from really cold weather to really hot (50+ C ) so i really don't mind getting a prewarmed car. The distance i am going to do it will b 50/50 which means that i will use public transports also in a combination with the euc so i don't think the distances overall will be pretty much, maybe around 30km a day or 40km max probably. For the next question i will have to say that yes i will have to carry things like groceries but i think that's pretty much all. I wont have to carry people or valuables ( it depends on the size ).

I would not prefer a car to be really honest because i really don't like them ( I am a truck / bus driver by the way and i drive all the so i don't really like driving a 4 wheel into my daily routine unless i have to carry someone else with me ) As for the car friendly or not, the city of Stockholm isn't kinda car friendly if we have to consider the limited parking areas and the huge amount u got to pay to park your car even outside of your house. But i can say for sure it is bike friendly or e-scooter friendly ( euc whatever ) as you can ride from a part to the city to another one by riding into bike lanes.

For the last part i will have to totally agree that an euc cant replace a car for sure especially in usa that you live because its HUGE and you have to travel a LOT to go from a point a to point b most of the times ( my friends live there and they have told me about the huge distances they get to travel ) but as for the city of stockholm the distances are not that big and also you can share the distance by doing it 50/50 with a bus or a train or another public transport.

<spoiler>

10 hours ago, litewave said:

So, your situation is:

1. You are moving to Sweden from Greece in two weeks.
  2. You think you want an EUC for [all] your transportation needs in this foreign country you perhaps have never been to.
  3. You have no prior exposure to or experience with electric unicycles.
  4. You have requested that forum members advise you as to the best EUC for you to buy.

Personally, I would get settled at your destination and use whatever transportation is available (rideshare/Uber, light rail, buses, etc) at first.

After 6 months or so you will have a better understanding of the infrastructure, laws, weather and population, and should have a good idea of your commuting needs for your local area. This is necessary for you to make a good decision.

Also, there were a handful of Swedes who were very active on this site in the past (@Scatcat among others) who might be willing and better positioned to advise you. Maybe you could start a new topic named "Newbie moving to Sweden needs advice on what EUC to buy" to get their attention.

</spoiler>

I totally agree with your suggestion but forgot to say that i have been to sweden and have already seen the way the public transports work in there, and was surprised at they way they managed to be on time and work with a great flow all day long. So i can say the public transport can get you almost anywhere inside stockholm so thats why i want something small like an euc to share my rides if needed to 50/50 with public transports:D

I will totally do that with the new post you said to get their attention, thank you!

<spoiler>

9 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

If I’m reading this fellow right, he’s been a unicyclist since the age of 21 (correct me if I’m wrong). I’d say he’ll learn pretty quick.

</spoiler>

No i was not a unicyclist , i said that i was riding in one wheel ( doing wheelies xD ) Since i got 18 :lol: For sure i have learned pretty quick how to fall down many times :lol:

<spoiler>

9 hours ago, Roadpower said:

Fantastic replies all around, so I will take a somewhat different path. Besides taking into account what has been stated in the thread, don't over think it too much. Get a good wheel that is in your range of usability and learn learn learn. After a year or two you will understand what most appeals to you with your new skill set. Enjoy your new found freedom of movement.

</spoiler>

Thank you very much  my friend, thats the best we all got to do and not over think it i guess! <3

Edited by Avatar21
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry for the failed spoiler tags guys, i haven't written to forums for a long time, the last time i did it like that it worked:lol:

P.s I am an IT tech  so i didn't thought to search for the spoiler button at all and i wanted to act like a "pro" :lol:

Spoiler
6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

This is a fundamental difference between the US and many European  cities and suburbs. There are a lot of areas where a car really is slower, more expensive, and less practical to use than a PEV. So don’t listen to @ShanesPlanet on this one! :lol:

Same goes for a very large cardboard box, yet an EUC is definitely far more useful… :P

Ok, enough yanking Shane’s chain. Like @Roadpower said, great replies above (except @ShanesPlanet’s :D).

One thing I’d like to bring up though. Very few people successfully purchase and learn an EUC because it would be the most practical mode of transport for them. Almost always the EUC is bought because it looks so magical and people simply can’t sleep properly anymore because they are so excited about how they dream about riding making them feel like flying. So it’s an enthusiastic thing, not as much a practical thing.

That’s not to say that there aren’t any practical learners around though, because there are. I’ve actually met one. But there are just very few of those.

The practicality does come as a great secondary feature though. Since I bought an EUC 5 years ago, I’ve used my EUC much more than I use my car. I live in a Finnish suburb close to the capital, and this is definitely a dream environment for the EUC: Lots of bike lanes all around, and just as easy to ride to the city centrum as well as out to the wonderful nature preserve areas.

In reality though, the choice to try learn ride an EUC usually comes from a combination of things. Your moto history clearly shows that there is a certain level of adrenalinejunkieness in you… Which is almost too easy to serve with an EUC. You can never forget that you’re not allowed to create unnecessary risk to the other parties in traffic because you want to feed the speed monster in you. The guys in NYC do that, and the rest of the world disapproves.

I clearly filtered every answer i got here and i was really glad many of the guys answered and so fast but i have to say and admit that US guys live in a different world than us in Europe ( no offense i really admire how large the us are but that's why u need a car for everything @ShanesPlanet xD :lol: ) so their answers have to get double filtered for us in Europe about transportation manners :lol: its all a joke i don't want to offend anyone as i got lots of friends that have gone from Greece to us and they say exactly the same about transportation. You cant do anything without a car there most of the times.

Now as for the basic part of your reply, i was always a practical learner and i always want to learn things the right way. So i think you found another one :lol: I don't know if it will be hard or super easy but i know that i will have to learn the fundamentals of the euc as good as i can so i can be ready when something bad is about to happen, because then you have to show your true skills and not while u ride it in a straight line. As bikers say "The worst thing is to have a fast bike and don't know to ride it" which means that if you get a 1000cc bike and you can only get it to go into a straight line without knowing how to corner it right into corners you are doomed and the most important...you are not a biker :D so learning something that got wheels ( 1.2.3.4 it doesn't matter ) the right way is the most secure way.

P.S i haven't ridden any euc yet but for sure i can say that even if they seem fun they will never give me my dose of adrenalin i get from riding super bikes. I might be wrong but that's what i believe, at least for now that i haven ridden any yet.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Avatar21 said:

You kinda scared me with the last part of your answer :lol: it is really possible to stop working while u riding it? Holy f... Then you die? :lol: I have had looots of crashes and some of them at really high speeds with the motorcycle but they didn't stopped working so i knew how to protect myself :lol:

If motor stops on 2 wheel device you simply ride till you stop.. On one wheel euc motor stops it stops balancing and you cant "ride it out" You fall. So yeah it's kinda dangerous, but that happening is very, very rare.. But still can happen. Full face helmet is a must. Especially if you go at fast speeds.. I ride mostly at 25kph sometimes i go 35kph. Not a speed demon like you. xD Also i don't ride with cars..

I have heard VETERAN SHERMAN is pretty great wheel. If you are looking at "Big Boy" euc's (Personally i would stay away from gotway/begode wheels, they are fire hazard)

Big euc that you need/want have a lot bigger tire so you will be fine.

Pro tip for rain riding get a "backpack cover" and put it over euc. Works wonders!!! Thick grease around bearing/axle will not let water inside bearings/motor also helps. <3

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:29 PM, Funky said:

If motor stops on 2 wheel device you simply ride till you stop.. On one wheel euc motor stops it stops balancing and you cant "ride it out" You fall. So yeah it's kinda dangerous, but that happening is very, very rare.. But still can happen. Full face helmet is a must. Especially if you go at fast speeds.. I ride mostly at 25kph sometimes i go 35kph. Not a speed demon like you. xD Also i don't ride with cars..

I have heard VETERAN SHERMAN is pretty great wheel. If you are looking at "Big Boy" euc's (Personally i would stay away from gotway/begode wheels, they are fire hazard)

Big euc that you need/want have a lot bigger tire so you will be fine.

Pro tip for rain riding get a "backpack cover" and put it over euc. Works wonders!!! Thick grease around bearing/axle will not let water inside bearings/motor also helps. <3

Yesterday when i was reading your message i was also seeing a review of a begode and it turned into ashes the same time i was reading it lool hahahha so i will take it as a strong sign and stay away haha xD

I need a big euc thats the truth and i really dont got many choices and sheman is one of them i totally agree. Also thank you for the tip i will do it for sure when i buy my euc!

On 3/16/2022 at 7:11 AM, TantasStarke said:

At your weight I personally recommend at least a 2000w wheel to give you the safety headroom. I weigh a little bit more than you and have never cutout no matter how hard I push my Nikola AR+ (although I do respect the beeps, but I ride right up to that point).

Nice i am glad i am hearing from another guy that he is on my weigh also! its really important for me because weight matters a lot in those situations...AR+ also has a poweful motor of 2700w so it must be really good

I usually equate it to learning how to ride a bike for the first time again.

Depends on the wheel, a lightweight wheel like a V8 would be a breeze, while a Veteran Abrams is a bit more difficult. I will say my 24kg EUC (Kingsong 18XL) is a lot easier to lift than my 24kg scooter (Emove Cruiser). Ergonomics play a big part in it.

Yep totally right! ergonomics is why i want an euc rathen than an e-scooter so i can agree most! Its really important to be easy to transfer especially if you are going to use it everyday as i want to...

If the weather permits it commuting is possible, like most modern electronics they don't like rain. Some wheels are more water resistant than others, like the 18XL has really good water resistance, while the Begode RS19 is as water resistant as a sock. I personally commute on my wheels, and whenever the weather is really bad I take an Uber or get a ride.

As an "all weather" biker i really dont mind the weather at all! i mostly love to ride in rainy days haha 

Cost of maintaining a wheel is extremely low as long as something doesn't go wrong. No brakes to replace or anything like that. The only maintenace you should expect to do is: Repair/replace an inner tube whenever there's a flat, replace tire when it's bald (usually 3000-5000km), and replace batteries when they start to go bad (usually after 300-500 charge cycles is when they degrade, so if you get 50km range expect the batteries to start going bad after 15,000-25,000 km, most batteries are officially rated for 1000 charge cycles but you'll probably want to replace them well before then, due to loss of range as they degrade and for safety reasons).

I believe that the worst of them will be the battery change that will cost probably the most or am i wrong?

I personally just ride my wheel and Uber/get a ride where I have to go as I don't need a car at the moment, even if I had a car I would still do 95% of my trips via wheel so I'm not in the market to get a car+insurance+gas right now. If you would be comfortable riding a bike to commute (ignoring being sweaty and actually using your legs) then you can definitely do it. Not everyone wants the lifestyle of not having a car.

I don't want to be paying un necessary money in things like insurances and gas also because i am not in the need of car at the moment so i will like to avoid them as much as i kind because it is a total waste of money ( for now that i don't have kids, family etc. )

Foot fatigue is pretty common on these wheels, especially at higher speeds. If you work on your feet it might not be the best idea. I don't know anyone who got bored with an EUC unless they rode one that could only go 15kmh and got bored of it.

i would have been bored too if i was riding at 15kmh that's why i want something big :D

EUC is definitely the best choice PEV for taking on public transport, even a large wheel is pretty commuter friendly due to the compact size.

If you want to commute the wheels with good water resistance that I know of are: Inmotion V8/F/S, Inmotion V10/F, Kingsong 18XL, Gotway Nikola/+/+2700Wh, Veteran Sherman. I would avoid the V8 lineup at your weight, Inmotion V10 could be cutting it if you're more of a sport rider. The 18XL is definitely not a sport wheel, can't accelerate very hard into it before it beeps at you to slow down, but it can reach a decent speed and is stable cruising there. The Nikola+/+2700Wh can be ridden quite hard, but the handle isn't the most ergonomic for lifting. It's very wide so lifting with one hand is difficult. The Sherman is great from what I've heard but it is big and heavy, not great if you want to use public transport, but with really any wheel with the motor power for your weight you wouldn't need to ride public transport, you could probably go to the edge and back of nearly any city with these larger wheels

I am in between sheman/s18XL/Inmotion V12/Begode EX/Monster and Kingsong s20

28 minutes ago, Avatar21 said:
On 3/16/2022 at 7:11 AM, TantasStarke said:

I am in between sheman/s18XL/Inmotion V12/Begode EX/Monster and Kingsong s20

18xl would be the "lowest speed" wheel of them all i think. People love v12 because it's like 16x but more speed. Same time also more heavy.. But many have problem with v12 cutting out on them. (Some kind problem with motherboard or something).

People love S20 but it "just" released as mentioned there are many problems, like batteries don't have that plastic "bag" casing.. Connections and power button are easy aces for water to get inside. So on..

Do your research before buying any wheel. Watch videos of reviews/disassemble. To see what's inside and what can go wrong over time.. How easy is tire change, etc.. Some wheel have more "cheap" feeling of the plastics. Also same time have that "cheap" quality control. Meaning they aren't worth the price what company is asking. Yet people buy them. xD

I would love v12 also if it wasn't so heavy. And would have no problems. After that sherman seems best option in my eyes. BUT because they all are to heavy, i don't need any of them. I'm already charging my 18xl once a week. xD To much batteries inside. I'm only one who cries about having 2 much "range"  :D :D:D Les range > Les batteries > Less weight.

BTW there's more than one sherman module out there. So get right one. :D 

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Avatar21 said:
On 3/16/2022 at 1:11 AM, TantasStarke said:

As an "all weather" biker i really dont mind the weather at all! i mostly love to ride in rainy days haha 

I believe that the worst of them will be the battery change that will cost probably the most or am i wrong?

Batteries will be the most expensive part to replace, followed by either the motor or controller, and then side panels and misc parts.

While you may be comfortable riding in the rain the wheel might not be. If water gets onto the control board or onto the batteries it can cause a catastrophic fire, whichever wheel you get I recommend adding some sealant to it to make it more water resistant

6 hours ago, Rupert9000 said:

Is this simple to do or is it technical?

All you really gotta do is open the side panels and slather some silicone sealant in spots where water could get in. On my Nikola AR+ I put some behind my control board (it has a heatsink that's open to air by the motor) and around my pedal hangers. If I had an RS or an EXN I'd probably go around the whole shell. There's also something you can put directly on your control board but I forgot what it's called, I'll edit this after my friend who did the water-resistance fix with me gets back to me. This stuff does act kind of like a glue though. I got into a crash and took my side panel off to inspect the internals and it was hard popping the shell off around my pedals.

Edit: silicone conformal coating. That's what you can cover the control board in to seal it, most control boards should already have some though, my Nik+ board had some on it

Edited by TantasStarke