Ninebot One Unboxing & first ride

Henrik Olsen

I have tested the 9b1 with the 1.2.0 Firmware for about 100 km. I weigh 88 kg and the controls respond very well and no Rodeo-Effect ever appeared.

I have my "riding model" set to 0 which is well responding and stiff. You might want to try out different riding models.

I just updated my firmware this past weekend to 1.2.0. I rode for about 48km (30 miles) between Saturday and Sunday. I'm about 81kg (180 Ibs). I have the settings at 0. It doesn't feel much different to me except at max speed. It feels a little more stable and not as quick to throttle you back as it did. It looks like the software is still being refined (at least on iOS). 

I'm not sure if you can adjust the speed in different increments? However, on the dashboard screen there is a speed limiter. It's the circled button next to the lock button. It only allows you to up to about 12km/h or so before it throttles you back.

I'm not sure if you can adjust the speed in different increments? However, on the dashboard screen there is a speed limiter. It's the circled button next to the lock button. It only allows you to up to about 12km/h or so before it throttles you back.

Hmm. That's not much speed (7.4 miles) to tilt your pedals up. :(

Ok, found it..

Another thing that is not clear to me is how you activate a different ride modes... I read somewhere that the unit needs to be turned off and on to accept settings. When I do this, it still says 0 when I go under setting to check.

9bot1 - Day 3: Father & son enjoying an 8 km evening ride on this fine spring evening...

That video is really well made :) ! Seems that you are already an experienced EU rider but your son is a real pro! I recently sold my Airwheel X8 and bought a 9b1 which I didn't regret at all.

I think my LED rings are running backwards

Ironfox & serpentineGX what is direction of your lights?

Anti clockwise:

-Meteor 

-The Twins

-Mood for love

-Colorfull meteor

no direction

-Breathe

-Colorfull breathe

-Time Song

Henrik, check out this video from Speedy Feet about replacing the battery for Ninebot One, at around 2:50 he tells about the led-ring -connector, and how it affects the direction of the lights. Or you could just ride "the other way around"? ;)

Edit:

Found this from Google Play Ninedroid-apps' comments:

Jimmy Cheung April 15, 2015
I think there is something wrong with the new update. When I move front the led lights it doesn't go same direction it go opposite direction rotation. The old version was fine. Pls fix

So apparently a newer firmware could also cause the lights to start going in wrong direction. Probably can be fixed by turning the connector around, or just wait for the next update.

I think my LED rings are running backwards

Ironfox & serpentineGX what is direction of your lights?

Anti clockwise:

-Meteor 

-The Twins

-Mood for love

-Colorfull meteor

no direction

-Breathe

-Colorfull breathe

-Time Song

My lights seem to be going in the proper direction (just checked it now). I checked both sides of my wheel.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived