Mango

Just now, Paul A said:

Cheaper and easier to connect?

idk what u mean about connect, but living in a shipping container offgrid is about as cheap as u can get. shipping containers aren't real estate so no real estate taxes. i love sticking it to the man whenever i can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Connect to the grid/electricity.

Might be cheaper and easier, than using a generator.

definitely cheaper than being offgrid, but the man has made getting a meter set a bureacratic nightmare. when u pull a bldg permit, getting a "sawpole" temp power pole, is nbd, but without that, i have to plead for the cows and running the well for water.

i could see the electrical inspector telling code enforcement, i need to finish demolishing the house, like i was in a neighborhood. ur not dealing with smart folks in the govt. 

and i do have prospects wanting to buy if the inflation hasn't scared them away. actually, when u figure the true cost of electricity, real estate taxes, power company service fees, etc, if solar was worth a shit, off grid would be cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

dude, ya feel me! it's lots of work, esp raising cattle to boot, but knowing i'm greenbelting this $100mil plus property and my taxes with the meter and house gone will be about $1000 next year. a $1000 more than the services i get from my county.without greenbelt and zoned, for example, across the creek, 17 acres of vacant land is $45k a year in taxes, and ultimately, we as consumers pay for that.i have 325 acres and damn sure not enough cash to pay those kinds of taxes. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, lucian75 said:

Share to your friends and tell them to vote and support your Community and make us to come to your City If u want to test V13.

It has never been so easy .

https://www.facebook.com/groups/inmotioneuc/permalink/3007837516177871/

FM_INM_V13_1920_A_01.jpg

Many people suggesting new locations there clearly missed it's for Europe... 🙄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Josiah said:

If you're traveling via air and want to bring your wheel, I’m guessing you would have to ship it there.  Or do they allow checking electric wheels onto planes?  Seems like that would be a hard no…

That gives me an idea.  What if we all went to see Bob and Nov with our wheels for a jungle group ride?

Feb 2023 ???  To celebrate the drop of the V13!  

Could also ride the wheel there.   If Challenger could average 100 miles per charge at around 35 mph.  And It’s 2108 miles for me, from Denver to Tampa.  6 hours to charge single charger or 3 hours double charger.  That’s 22 charging/ riding cycles of about 6-9 hours each.  5.5 to 8.25 days of riding and charging (sleep while charging).  I would certainly die.  Or somehow convert my wheel to run on fuel.  And still die.  Sounds fun though.  
C625F84C-8613-4B86-8464-6419DFB9B54F.thumb.jpeg.7dc2d227b39b32fdb1d0b069ee5a431e.jpeg

haha, i'm not sure if a tesla could make it. depends on the weather. 

elon has bigger problems now than eucs. 

u would definitely be in shape after that ride.

idk if i posted it but i saw a video on instagram of a biker kicking over a guy in the bike lane on a one wheel. idk what is wrong with some humans. my guess is they never got their asses whipped. and the crowd i use to hang with, an ass whipping might be their last thing on earth.

7 hours ago, Josiah said:

That gives me an idea.  What if we all went to see Bob and Nov with our wheels for a jungle group ride?

i couldn't let u ride on the ranch because of liability issues. not worried about u suing if u get hurt, it's always the next of kin when u die, and that's always a possibility.

even the developers that want to buy property here, during their due diligence, they have to sign hold harmless waivers and provide insurance before stepping on the property. this is the world we live in with ambulance chasing attorneys advertising non-stop on the boob tube.

but it is a great idea for inmotion to hold a demo weekend next door at the outlet mall. the roads here, aren't like what u see in dawn's videos. these humans driving in their cages are maniacs. i fear for my life checking my mail on cypress creek rd and it's a 30mph road. 

the govt says they don't want gasoline vehicles, but wanna ban pev's. they need to build safe highways for pevs like they do cars.

course the whole argument for electric vehicles is disingenuous because ur charging ur vehicle by burning coal or some other pollutant. if ur gonna buy a tesla, u should also spend $30k on a solar system to charge it, and only drive when u get free juice. 

if i like my v13, i'll try and get inmotion to do something here. it's warmer than other places now and mickey is an hour away, although i prefer busch gardens.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regarding the V13 in Jakarta, Indonesia going at an indicated speed of 90 km/h: 

This guy was leaning forward onto what looks like to be stock pads when he reached an indicated speed of 90 km/h.

He was riding in night traffic on a main road next to something that resembles a strip mall. There was a car waiting to come out of the driveway too. Around here, that driver would have come out and block my path. So it would be suicidal to do this locally. 

That is pretty good endorsement as to how accessible the 90 km/h speed is. Braking looked good too. 

Who knew that it is possible to ride at 90 km/h speeds within city confines.

Maybe Indonesia will be where the sales of big high speed electric wheels go through the roof too.

If you want to be at the front of a medium length group ride, you won't be on a Sherman. What will the future hold, faster wheels?         🙂

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

charging ur vehicle by burning coal or some other pollutant.

Electricity generation can be pollution free.

The recent nuclear fusion breakthrough might be the future global solution.

In the meantime, this doesn't help.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Electricity generation can be pollution free.

The recent nuclear fusion breakthrough might be the future global solution.

In the meantime, this doesn't help.

me thirty years ago0B300F62-1578-4616-9801-55947D75F87B.png.3493bbbff24b06ee485b5c6defe35688.png

FACC931A-BD71-4D66-B1BB-21DC9F3CA514.jpeg

22D246BD-0BD5-41E1-AA11-B80505A8A934.jpeg

• Upvote 1

so yeah, i know a bit about electricity and energy conservation.

i taught fpl and u of f how to build as low as 59 eer(energy efficiency ratio) in the least expensive homes in the nation. most homes were between 90 and 99.

30 years ago.

humans and the power companies really don’t want change.

had humans implemented what i did thirty years ago, or now, they’d be shuttering power plants.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, novazeus said:

energy conservation.

Glass windows/doors are the greatest weak points for heat loss/gain.

Foam sandwich panels used in coolrooms, used as an external shutter, would greatly reduce need for heating/cooling.

If you want to fast charge Challenger do you get a second standard charger or get a fast charger that has the dual output ports?  

Are the grip nubs on the petals removable/ changeable?  If so do we know the tread size and where to get pointier more gripping ones.  (May not be necessary but a reviewer did mention they looked a bit soft.)

Is there a seat option yet?

Is there a good way to shield the bottom shock caps? 

Any other suggestions for simple mods for the wheel?

I did take Marty’s advice and ordered the large flow pads and the 4” x 9’ Velcro.   Despite loving the look of the stock pads.  (Might have mention this before)  

27 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Are the grip nubs on the petals removable/ changeable?

i saw somewhere that they were removable. is this gonna  be ur first wheel ever?

if it is, i'd recommend no spikes to begin with, esp with a 110 pound wheel. 

i'm definitely not good enough for spiked pedals yet.