Mango

10 hours ago, HEC said:

Got my shipping label today, now the wait starts ...

Wow!  More details please?…. I’m new to this.  Guessing you’ve heard back from the vendor regarding your initial deposit order?  Mind if I ask which vendor??

Paul A said:
V13 is too slow......need the V14 to at least match this.

motorcycles are fast?… 

Edited by Josiah
Update

15 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I know! I am not an idiot. I never said it was an auction. I was using an auction as an example of how buyers dictate prices. If you read the initial comment properly you would understand the nuance of the grammar.

Retail sales is derived by a very similar mechanism though. Otherwise why do prices of wheels considered bad go down?

But you already know this so I will stop patronising you.

Everything comes down to some extent supply, demand and but most importantly perceived value in the mind of the buyer. 

You could have only 1 wheel in existence for sale but if its really crap no one will buy it.

You could have 1000 wheels that everyone wants to buy and its price will go up to reflect this.

and vise versa.

But there is always exceptions to do this. Someone will always pay more or less for something than the market value because they don't care (money is no object).

Social media is so pedantic sometimes.

My serious feeling: Economics is a "soft" discipline at best. It isn't a hard science, like chemistry or mathematics. Markets are just too un-knowably complex to explain anything in a couple sentences. But, sure, supply/demand is the best short approximation.:D

IMHO: Of the recent, premium-priced wheels, the V13 seems most worth the high price based on the entire "package."

But it's all speculation, since we haven't seen it in real life...

Edited by UPONIT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

IMHO: Of the recent, premium-priced wheels, the V13 seems most worth the high price based on the entire "package."

If the suspension functions properly long term (not getting gummed up, free play, knocking, sticking, leaking shocks) then I agree. For full retail price, I would say the V13 is the most worth it based on the package. Hopefully Kuji's video will be comprehensive and touch on everything we are hoping for.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

My serious feeling: Economics is a "soft" discipline at best. It isn't a hard science, like chemistry or mathematics. Markets are just too un-knowably complex to explain anything in a couple sentences. But, sure, supply/demand is the best short approximation.:D

But it's all speculation, since we haven't seen it in real life...

This may be the case, but quite apart from cost does it lie beyond the ‘sweet spot’ of

“capability/mass/teardownability/autonomy/responsiveness/brakeability/timely-chargeability/comfort/trolleyability” ? 

Asking for a nerdy friend, obviously! 🤣

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 3:27 AM, Josiah said:

Wow!  More details please?…. I’m new to this.  Guessing you’ve heard back from the vendor regarding your initial deposit order?  Mind if I ask which vendor??

No deposit, I've paid the whole price in one go on 1st December when V13 was on sale (15% discount) in one of the trustworthy Aliexpress stores, which I've got the V12-HT from earlier this year. The shipping goes first by train before it reaches local European warehouse, where it will be then handed over to UPS. Last time it took about 40 days, but with Christmas and New Year vacations it's likely to take a bit longer. So hopefully it will be here around mid February.

After that one last large EUC purchase to be made, The walker trailer.

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

It's here! Kuji published his full review!

Sold! Guess i'm not getting one of the 30 e wheels is getting but i can wait a month. Edit: Afterthought, sucks they decided to keep the suspension rails at the bottom. Smashing rocks into them off road kind of stinks but it looks like a little more clearance than my v11.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
afterthought

52 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

It's here! Kuji published his full review!

Bloody hell. Its it just me or does kujiroll really really likes it? :efefd8a002:

The only missing thing from this video is documenting how far he can ride the V13 at top speed. I got a feeling he could easily keep at 90km/h far longer than any other wheel. 

5 hours ago, onizukagto said:

The only missing thing from this video is documenting how far he can ride the V13 at top speed

20:05 he states 60km "in the fun zone" which is 70-90km/hr

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
/hr just relized i put 50 instead of 60 after review
  • Like 1

According to Kuji's test - v13 range by faster speed ........60km :efefa6edcf: :efefa6edcf:

This wheel IS designed especially for riding fast, and it is super heavy, so definitelly it should have significantly bigger battery.

Btw. - nice front/rear bumpers, MasterPro should have something similiar instead of foldable stand.

Edited by Greg X

21 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

And now my biggest gripe (and fear) was confirmed. The suspension is the same thing as the V11. In his video you can already see the rails at the bottom wearing from the sliders. Furthermore, the rails stick down so far that I am certain any offroading will lead to their destruction (just like on the v11). It does have some sort of damping system, but it really did not seem to do much at all. When he ride down stairs or bumps the wheel made the exact same clunky bottoming-out noise as my clapped out v11.

The suspension noises are concerning but the suspension is different but somewhat similar.

Upper chamber adjustment is achieved via a rotating/turning adjustment and not by adding or removing air. This is a bonus. As is the increased suspension travel. Also realize that this is a 22” wheel.

All those factors come into play when comparing it to the V11’s clearance issues you described as it relates to off-road use.

11 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

If the suspension functions properly long term (not getting gummed up, free play, knocking, sticking, leaking shocks)

First batch, early adopters, guinea pigs, recalls, quality control, lack of testing........might be history repeating itself......again.....and again.....and again......

1 hour ago, mlau said:

I too think the tone was different than in his other reviews, I felt his heart wasn't really in it, more like it was done because inmotion requested it, but he tried
to keep the style of his other videos.
But I won't be cancelling my preorder, simply because it's perfect for the terrain I usually ride.  And as a german enginner, I fin the overengineering done on this
thing very sexy.  The recent Gotway models are disgusting compared to this :P

Exactly. This video really did feel like inmotion was hovering over the whole time, and I dont blame him. He is sponsored by 3 of the biggest EUC companies in the world I am sure he doesn't want to sit there and rip on the wheel. It really was just an extended product showcase. However it doesnt change the fact that its a fantastically engineered wheel (in most aspects) and if it fits the kind of riding you will be doing nothing can beat it. 

1 hour ago, EUC_user said:

The suspension noises are concerning but the suspension is different but somewhat similar.

Upper chamber adjustment is achieved via a rotating/turning adjustment and not by adding or removing air. This is a bonus. As is the increased suspension travel. Also realize that this is a 22” wheel.

All those factors come into play when comparing it to the V11’s clearance issues you described as it relates to off-road use.

I don't believe this is entirely true. There are 4 suspension components, two per side. One of the two is the air shock which I believe still takes air from the top as well as the bottom. The reason I say this is when he removes those small upper rubber covers there are two holes, one for the damper adjustment and the other (presumably) for the upper air chamber. The damper is the one that just controls how fast the air struts can compress and rebound. So essentially its a V11 with some sort of dampening, although from the riding it didn't seem like it was doing anything significant. I am aware its a 22 inch wheel but the lower rails are still extremely susceptible to damage. 

36 minutes ago, Paul A said:

WrongWay is conducting an informal poll on his YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_wrongway/community

Wrong-Way-Poll.png

I saw that as well, last I checked the Sherman S was winning by a landslide.

Even though I will not be buying this wheel, I look forward to seeing what WrongWay's in depth reviews say about it. He tends to be a lot more realistic and critical of wheels (and he isnt sponsored by InMotion).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I saw that as well, last I checked

Ssssh.....spoiler alert.....maybe let others vote on it without any bias of knowing what others' think....

People can be influenced.

Be interesting to see what the poll is, in a week's time.