Mango

The winning bid on an auction, may or may not, actually be the top price someone is willing to pay.

Technically, the winning bid only needs to 1 cent above the second highest bid.

If it is a silent auction, whereby no person knows what others are bidding, then the winning bid should be the highest price someone is willing to pay.

Alternatively, a Dutch auction could achieve the highest price. 

The price is set high, progressively drops, until a person buys at the steadily lowering price, before someone else buys it.

• Like 1

I guess we all have differing levels of perception of ‘value’. You’ve paid $6,600 for two ’premium’ wheels, with perhaps a saving on the dealer price, albeit at the expense of after sales backup or any contingency/ unforseen issue for (unanticipated, much less sought) warranty cover; for my part, I have bought my two wheels for  =$3600, and though both have remaining warranty cover (hopefully that will not be needed), neither have suspension, nor the ‘top level’ of performance you seek and hopefully will duly receive with your new acquisitions.    All good.  

What I do feel we possibly both have is a good value package which suit our individual particular needs and desires, so we are both happy, and i’ve meantime earmarked the monies I have ‘saved up’ toward the one of the two wheels in your incoming stable, as yet undetermined, but highly likely to be the Sherman - S, over the other 20” suspension wheels - hereabouts I’ve no real need nor use for anything bigger for my use case, hence my passing interest only in the V13 at this time, and I’m simply not interested in the newer Begode wheels, I see just too many potential ride-time-negating downsides built in, though I admit that out and out raw performance when they are working well ain’t one of them.     I’m happy to support my local (U.K.) dealer for my next wheel, because I value the peace of mind, service and warranty they offer, safe in the knowledge that I’ll be well looked after in the (hopefully unlikely) event of any issue arising, and they will keep me moving - for this reason, needless to say, the KS S22 is definitely not on my contender list!

5 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

I guess we all have differing levels of perception of ‘value’. You’ve paid $6,600 for two ’premium’ wheels, with perhaps a saving on the dealer price, albeit at the expense of after sales backup or any contingency/ unforseen issue for (unanticipated, much less sought) warranty cover; for my part, I have bought my two wheels for  =$3600, and though both have remaining warranty cover (hopefully that will not be needed), neither have suspension, nor the ‘top level’ of performance you seek and hopefully will duly receive with your new acquisitions.    All good.  

What I do feel we possibly both have is a good value package which suit our individual particular needs and desires, so we are both happy, and i’ve meantime earmarked the monies I have ‘saved up’ toward the one of the two wheels in your incoming stable, as yet undetermined, but highly likely to be the Sherman - S, over the other 20” suspension wheels - hereabouts I’ve no real need nor use for anything bigger for my use case, hence my passing interest only in the V13 at this time, and I’m simply not interested in the newer Begode wheels, I see just too many potential ride-time-negating downsides built in, though I admit that out and out raw performance when they are working well ain’t one of them.     I’m happy to support my local (U.K.) dealer for my next wheel, because I value the peace of mind, service and warranty they offer, safe in the knowledge that I’ll be well looked after in the (hopefully unlikely) event of any issue arising, and they will keep me moving - for this reason, needless to say, the KS S22 is definitely not on my contender list!

Valid points all around. I actually plan on selling one of the two wheels after I determine which one I want to keep, and since I bought them for so far under retail I'm confident I will be able to get all my money back. I'm currently leaning toward the Sherman S as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paul A said:

If:

V13 has 3024 Wh battery capacity

And the batteries used are Samsung 50E, 21700, 5000mAh, 3.6V...............Wh = Amps x Volts......5 x 3.6 = 18 Wh per battery

Then 3024 / 18 = 168 batteries

And each battery costs $4.25 USD

Then 168 x 4.25 = $714  USD cost of batteries

https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-50e-21700-5000mah-9-8a-battery/

Samsung 50E battery specifications and retail bulk pricing of purchase of 520 ($4.25 USD) or more batteries

The cost of batteries using these data sources is $714 USD.

V13 is priced at $4000 USD.

I sort of recall reading somewhere that v13 uses 18650, not 21700.

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I'm not sure what's going on with all this discussion but I only paid 3300 for the v13 and Sherman S, I definitely wouldn't pay more than 3500 for either 😂

May I ask where you purchased v13 for 3300?

34 minutes ago, Paul A said:

US $578.80 is the deposit

US $3,762.20 is the full price.

Cheaper than eWheels price of $3999, but would the saving of $236.80 be worth it?

Or is it $578.80 deposit and $3,762.20 is the balance? Which would make it more.

19 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Can't give name, but here's a screenshot of when the invoice was sent.

IMG_20221209_150858_728.thumb.jpg.91528d67f3122b2e17162b9aab43c480.jpg

Thats tax and shipping included. 

ok, thank's  - that is a goooood price ;)

I can't imagine spending this kind of premium to a unknown, questionable , hush hush ,kind of deal. I have bought from some of the other bigger dealers here in the states with less than professional service too.  Lessons learned. I only by from Ewheels now.

Edited by mrelwood
Cleaning up empty rows.

4 minutes ago, Jon Wall said:

I can't imagine spending this kind of premium to a unknown, questionable , hush hush ,kind of deal. I have bought from some of the other bigger dealers here in the states with less than professional service too.  Lessons learned. I only by from Ewheels now.

Definitely wasnt a hush hush kind of deal, not a questionable or unknown source. I just cant disclose the information. 

Also, are you aware that there is always like 50 lines of blank space under each of your posts? Might want to clear those up.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Is the V13 speed finally going to be enough?

Or there will be calls for even faster wheels.

I'm not sure how much faster a person standing on a wheel can go. I would think the v13 should be able to do 65 if someone was sitting but i think the wind drag alone prevents anyone from going faster than that. I could be wrong though I'm no scientist/mathematician.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Speaking of hush hush. Got himself a new ewetube handle. MrMonoWheel…heh.

Edit : Er, not. Somebody else.

Kuji Begode Master;   18:59

The High speed run video from Mr. Monowheel...

• Like 1