Mango

1 hour ago, Unicycle Santa said:

So far my options (including tax and shipping) are Sherman S for $3200, Commander Pro for $3000 (both from GTKing), or the V13 for $3300 (can't name source). Looking at the prices this way, the V13 is a no brainer especially with the added build quality, safety, and water resistance.

You know what? Consider buying all three of them, test and check for yourself which wheel suits you the best.
After you made your own mind sell the 2 you do not like that much. You get them all for a very good price so if you sell them after 4 weeks you will not loose much.
And as a bonus you may tell us all about the pro and cons you had experienced.

• Like 2

I considered that, however I don't know if I'm prepared to take 10k out of my bank account 😂

That does sound like a dream though, hell I'd probably just end up keeping them all.

A wheel for every occasion!

3 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Someone posted this stating that it is wear after 1000kms of riding. Very concerning to me, seems like it's the same garbage suspension as the V11. What's that phrase about polishing a turd?

IMG_20221124_162227_261.thumb.jpg.a5fd5d80482f09b74f132fcac8e9dd2f.jpg

I'd be keen to hear from inmotion about this. 

If they did 1000km, it was probably the first batch and if so was this one of the issues that was fixed? 

Also could there just be a stone or something that got stuck in there? 

28 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

Just got notification from my Alie dealer that my wheel is expected to ship out late this month or early December, also;

"Your package is sent directly from the (Inmotion) factory to the international logistics center, which then updates the international tracking number for you, so you can receive your package faster."

I'm expecting to receive my wheel about two weeks before US retail buyers, will surely update y'all for the unboxing :)

Likewise here. Aliexpress seller said the same, the wheel should be here well before those who purchased them from distributors in the US. I will make some posts regarding the top speed, range, construction, etc. Hell maybe I will just make a youtube video.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That scuffed suspension looks rough, hopefully it's not a major issue.

I really wanted to buy this wheel but because of possible unknown problems like this (and wanting a wheel sooner), I decided to just buy an Abrams on sale for now. At just over half the price, it's the safer move. I'll ride it while I wait for a big suspension wheel that proves itself over time.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Paul A said:

Monociclo electrico Inmotion V13 velocidad máxima | Eco Alsina

743 subscribers

Nov 24, 2022

Woah cool! First International (Europe) V13 tester-customer on youtube I guess? 

Wonder how much he can say? Someone get this bloke to talk/video more! 

15 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Someone posted this stating that it is wear after 1000kms of riding. Very concerning to me, seems like it's the same garbage suspension as the V11. What's that phrase about polishing a turd?

Looks to me like it's been ridden in dirt/sand mostly and its just the paint worn off the sliders. Don't all friction points of suspension wear like that?

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Looks to me like it's been ridden in dirt/sand mostly and its just the paint worn off the sliders. Don't all friction points of suspension wear like that?

The problem is that that is not a part that should be touching at all. On the V11 we’ve seen the exact same wear pattern when the actual sliding parts wear out and can no longer keep up the clearance at the middle.

This is what I was afraid would happen with the V13 suspension rails. Seems like they probably haven’t improved on the sliding parts since V11. And this late to the game, I don’t think we can realistically expect large changes in the system. It could be that the V13 remains like the V11 in this regard: Ok for calm street cruising, but might wear out fast for more active riding styles or off-road.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The problem is that that is not a part that should be touching at all. On the V11 we’ve seen the exact same wear pattern when the actual sliding parts wear out and can no longer keep up the clearance at the middle.

This is what I was afraid would happen with the V13 suspension rails. Seems like they probably haven’t improved on the sliding parts since V11. And this late to the game, I don’t think we can realistically expect large changes in the system. It could be that the V13 remains like the V11 in this regard: Ok for calm street cruising, but might wear out fast for more active riding styles or off-road.

Yeah, that makes sense. I just went to look at my v11 with 950 miles on it and don't see any wear in the middle of the strut. Its wearing on the slides on each side and its been mostly off road riding. I guess given my inexperience with any other type of suspension or wheel i really didn't notice any problems with it.

26 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

From what I have seen, once the coating starts to wear off the suspension gets a bit sticky and stiffer. On my V11 I lube it with dry lubricant but the wear is still there.

Interesting, as mentioned above i hadn't noticed it being sticky but after checking it, i noticed my rebound is super quick like i am out of air in the top chamber and i haven't checked it in awhile....:unsure: I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss..:P thank you both for the info.

5 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

From what I have seen, once the coating starts to wear off the suspension gets a bit sticky and stiffer. On my V11 I lube it with dry lubricant but the wear is still there.

Yep I was concerned about this as well. I'm starting to wonder if I should just wait till next year's wheels to grab something new. The V13 looks very quality with the way it's made, but the suspension seems to use a dated design. Sherman S has great suspension, but none of the safety features (active smart BMS, temp sensors, dynamic tiltback, waterproofing, etc). Then there's begode which I don't touch.

You probably won't go wrong with the V13, but I decided to buy the heavily discounted Abrams for now and wait. It's usually not a good idea to buy a version one wheel in my opinion, unless you really don't want to wait.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

3 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

You probably won't go wrong with the V13, but I decided to buy the heavily discounted Abrams for now and wait. It's usually not a good idea to buy a version one wheel in my opinion, unless you really don't want to wait.

I considered that, but for the prices I can get these wheels at right now I would be silly not to take advantage. V13 for 3300, Sherman S for 3000, Commander Pro for 2900, etc. 

I considered that, but for the prices I can get these wheels at right now I would be silly not to take advantage. V13 for 3300, Sherman S for 3000, Commander Pro for 2900, etc. 

It is going to come down to the wire between the Sherman-S and the V13. 

Those are good prices. Hard to ignore.

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It is going to come down to the wire between the Sherman-S and the V13. 

Those are good prices. Hard to ignore.

Yeah that is where I am at currently, Sherman-S or V13. My only hesitations with the Sherman are no dynamic tiltback, no smart BMS, less polished overall, waterproofing, and lighting. The V13 ticks all these boxes but my ONLY ISSUE is the suspension seems to be the V11 suspension all over again. Dont get me wrong, I love my V11, but the suspension really doesn't do all that much offroad or on rough stuff. It just kinda absorbs some bumps here and there when riding on street.

• Like 2

Yeah that is where I am at currently, Sherman-S or V13. My only hesitations with the Sherman are no dynamic tiltback, no smart BMS, less polished overall, waterproofing, and lighting. The V13 ticks all these boxes but my ONLY ISSUE is the suspension seems to be the V11 suspension all over again. Dont get me wrong, I love my V11, but the suspension really doesn't do all that much offroad or on rough stuff. It just kinda absorbs some bumps here and there when riding on street.

Do you think you'll be able to hold out until both wheels are actually in the wild?

29 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Do you think you'll be able to hold out until both wheels are actually in the wild?

Normally I am not in a rush to buy anything, especially new stuff. But my V11 is a bit beat up and the prices I am able to get right now wont be around down the road, so I am trying to make the best call. For now I have both coming xD

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

The V13 ticks all these boxes but my ONLY ISSUE is the suspension seems to be the V11 suspension all over again.

Hopefully your worries are for naught, and the suspension is good. With all the work they've put into the wheel, I'm staying optimistic they know what they are doing.:D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

For now I have both coming xD

That's strange, over in the Sherman-S thread you said different:

I had a preorder that I cancelled in favor of the v13, but while I had the Sherman S order they said it's most likely going to be another couple weeks before they ship out from GTKing.

9 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

My only hesitations with the Sherman are no dynamic tiltback,

I am not familiar with Veteran electric wheels, and I have not ridden the Abrams enough to know whether the tilt-back is dynamic or not.

I know that on the Abrams, the highest tilt-back speed is 58.2 km/h. The next speed is 280 km/h, which is equivalent to disabling tilt-back. However, I am not sure whether it is dynamic or not.

Are you certain that the Sherman-S does not have dynamic tilt-back?

Incidentally, I have ridden the Abrams up to 50 km/h so far. It is smooth, stable, and feels planted. But I can't say it is that much better than my V12, even over bumpy roads (22 psi on the Abrams, and 15 psi on the V12). But the Abrams has a big advantage when going over bumps, it doesn't move around. It just confidently plows through. The other advantage the Abrams should have is when one gets struck by strong winds, the weight and gyro should make a big difference.

My V12 is much much smoother, stable and planted than my T3. And it was a big step moving from it to the V12.

Interestingly enough, the step moving from the the V12 to the Abrams seemed to be a smaller step. This was a big pleasant surprise. 

Also, other than being lighter, I don't really see any advantages T3 has over the V12. On the other hand, the V12 still has some advantages over the Abrams so far.

Of course, it will take me months to really learn the Abrams and set it optimally. Even though the Abrams feels very refined and premium, the V12 feels very similar, after the driver board swap with latest firmware. But as a first impression, the Abrams isn't as big as an upgrade for me as I had thought. Like some say, it can take a while before one learns to love it. This could be the case here.  

Personally, I think I would have to ride both the Sherman-S and V13 before I can pull the trigger. Although, the 22" tire would be nice in some ways, it loses a lot in acceleration and braking, unless you can figure out a way to access the torque more readily, or if you can ride like Kuji Rolls, but in traffic.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2