Mango

9A7FBDA9-1E02-4FCC-BB32-ADCF3674A5AA.thumb.jpeg.4d8dbff1e8cfbcb7a3c86a8d650e0865.jpeg

Rode 13 miles today, 11 degrees Fahrenheit,  24% battery life, 25 mile range remaining when.  Get major tilt back, I fall off the back and feel it in the tail bone!  Wheel spins out but stays on with the error code.  Battery warning:  cautious riding recommend: motor is quit.  Trolly for 1/2 mile in dark cold middle of nowhere to a place where I can call a ride to finish the 4 miles to home.  Wheel works fine after dinner and warming up in the car and house.  

47EEAF5F-D41B-43BE-9EAA-5191DA3A5B9C.thumb.jpeg.8d6187efdc8a95f48fc9449d47a7745a.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Mine is just up the road at the dealer. We are just waiting to hear when the bolts have been sorted and I’ll go collect it. 

Supposedly they'll get the bolts mid next week and will install them based on order date. 

Apparently I was order number 3 so might get mine in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eyss said:

Supposedly they'll get the bolts mid next week and will install them based on order date. 

Apparently I was order number 3 so might get mine in a couple of weeks. 

Goodluck, hope all goes well and fast. 

Apparently i’m number one so hopefully soon. Maybe midweek. 

Good things to those who wait :) 

• Like 3

I was initially not planning to replace the bolts right away and wait till either replacing tire / inner tube or when some symptoms of weak / lose bolts would demonstrate. However in light of the Inmotion's official announcement I'm concerned, especially about point referring to "mismatch" between taper angles of bolts and aluminium slide profiles. Not only that using the wheel with such "defect" might lead to issues, but the damage to the rails might have been already caused upon initial assembly, especially if the "recommend" torque of 18 N.m was used. This could have caused irreversible deformation to the taper holes (and possibly even to surrounding areas of the rails), in which case replacing bolts with "correct" taper angles might even exaggerate the issue, as noticed by @conecones in the reply below. 

Ideally, I'd have both the bolts and the rails replaced (and indeed supplied by Inmotion). After all, those are two most critical structural parts of the whole wheel. Any thoughts on this? Am I being too paranoid? This is not a cheap throwaway toy we're talking about here ... Anyone performing the bolts swap here, would you mind to take well lit, close up images of the tapered holes and surrounding areas of the rails and share it with us? TA

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HEC said:

I was initially not planning to replace the bolts right away and wait till either replacing tire / inner tube or when some symptoms of weak / lose bolts would demonstrate. However in light of the Inmotion's official announcement I'm concerned, especially about point referring to "mismatch" between taper angles of bolts and aluminium slide profiles. Not only that using the wheel with such "defect" might lead to issues, but the damage to the rails might have been already caused upon initial assembly, especially if the "recommend" torque of 18 N.m was used. This could have caused irreversible deformation to the taper holes (and possibly even to surrounding areas of the rails), in which case replacing bolts with "correct" taper angles might even exaggerate the issue, as noticed by @conecones in the reply below. 

Ideally, I'd have both the bolts and the rails replaced (and indeed supplied by Inmotion). After all, those are two most critical structural parts of the whole wheel. Any thoughts on this? Am I being too paranoid? This is not a cheap throwaway toy we're talking about here ... Anyone performing the bolts swap here, would you mind to take well lit, close up images of the tapered holes and surrounding areas of the rails and share it with us? TA

Due to the risk of stock bolts deforming the rail bracket, I will be using a cheap set of countersink bits to clean up the hole before using the new 90 degree bolts. Replacing the entire bracket seems unnecessary unless you see severe deformation. IMO the angle difference is not big enough to cause unrepairable damage. My concern is that I can't be sure IM actually drilled the brackets for 90 degrees so chasing it with a bit is a good way to confirm.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Impoy47

You might want to balance the wheel upright if you bring it home wet, icy, muddy.  I found the V 13 with motor off and the flow pads, rest and balances nicely in the upright on a chair or wall for dry time/thaw out time.  Then I park it on its nose.  

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I've ordered two Noctua NF-A4x20 FLX fans today, should be here Tuesday together with V13. I'll swap those for stock noisy ones (Lejowe LD4020B12H) and perform some extended tests to see if they're capable of keeping the light cooled. So now just the replacement bolts, loctite and torque spanner. Spanner is already on the way too, but will take longer (coming from China) and bolts will take some time as well (the seller haven't even received them yet and will be coming here from China too).

I'm still debating whether to wait for both prior actually riding the wheel or not. It might give me some time to weather proof the tail light board and plug, install velcro for pads and also place the reflective stickers. So all and all, 3 to 4 weeks before it's all done. On other hand, weather is crap again, so not much keen on leisure rides anyway...

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Josiah said:

You might want to balance the wheel upright if you bring it home wet, icy, muddy.

That's why I got the parking stand. Works great with my V12-HT for now and should as well with V13 (perhaps with minor add on), so once I'll test that, I might order one more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Impoy47 said:

got it!! .. Alien rides has done the bolts replacement. So I decided to do a local pick up since I heard about lost V13s during shipment. It was worth the drive and the staff were very welcoming and had their Alien lube (tire sealant) installed for free. They also offered for a tire swap Michelin pilot 2.0. But I decided to stick with the stock tire.

Got the Clark pads bumper and Grizzla pads ready to go. No need for a wheel stand.. 

20230224_073350.jpg

i'm down in San Jose. should hang out sometime. got plenty of group rides around the Bay.

• Like 1

Is anybody getting a v13 in a place where police are cracking down on PEVs?

The local police have started confiscating escooters for being over weight (25kg). No eucs have been confiscated yet and generally we can fly under the radar as they are pretty small but I fear that the v13 might be too big and imposing. 

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

And the V13 is around the same size as an Abrams.

I've taken the v13 into a few grocery stores in my area, you can rest the basket on the back under the trolly handle. Have had one manager come over and ask about it but was pleasantly surprised he was more interested in finding out about it rather than being annoyed it was in his store. All positive so far, but yeah. Its huge.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

just ordered it from walmart. hopefully the v13 will work with it. i figure i can go thru the neighboring neighborhoods and haul 4 5 gal jugs of gas or diesel. about 25 pounds each. be a helluva explosion if i get rear ended. 

desperation spawns inspiration

i'll let u know how it works soon. kinda got the cart before the horse.

77F96A7E-25BC-40D3-804E-95EEA1DA7EC3.thumb.jpeg.80d8aa5af15650179c8f57135486e01a.jpeg

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

I suspect you won't be able to fly under the radar with the V13. Once you have receive yours and see the V13 next to your other wheels, you will have no illusions that the V13 is a big wheel.

Thanks. Just watching electric dreams video on all the suspension wheels and the v13 doesn't look that much bigger than a s22 or master. Granted I think the suspension was let down or removed for the photo but maybe I'm being too paranoid 

24 minutes ago, novazeus said:

just ordered it from walmart. hopefully the v13 will work with it. i figure i can go thru the neighboring neighborhoods and haul 4 5 gal jugs of gas or diesel. about 25 pounds each. be a helluva explosion if i get rear ended. 

desperation spawns inspiration

i'll let u know how it works soon. kinda got the cart before the horse.

77F96A7E-25BC-40D3-804E-95EEA1DA7EC3.thumb.jpeg.80d8aa5af15650179c8f57135486e01a.jpeg

Please share your experience once you'll get it. I was considering using my bicycle trailer too, but I was concerned about breaking as well as attaching it safely to the wheel (both pre-V13 and V13), as fixing it anywhere out of centre of gravity will simply cause it to brake / reverse and / or turn sideways your EUC. After long search this is what I've found and decided to buy (next month after my CC recovers from V13 purchase). It has brakes, handlebars and attaches to your waist (with optional shoulder straps). So the weight is more distributed and most of all applied mainly towards the centre of EUC rather than the rear / side:  

21056-wheelie5-traveller-HD-braked-walkingtrailer.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HEC said:

Please share your experience once you'll get it. I was considering using my bicycle trailer too, but I was concerned about breaking as well as attaching it safely to the wheel (both pre-V13 and V13), as fixing it anywhere out of centre of gravity will simply cause it to brake / reverse and / or turn sideways your EUC. After long search this is what I've found and decided to buy (next month after my CC recovers from V13 purchase). It has brakes, handlebars and attaches to your waist (with optional shoulder straps). So the weight is more distributed and most of all applied mainly towards the centre of EUC rather than the rear / side:  

21056-wheelie5-traveller-HD-braked-walkingtrailer.jpg

i have no idea if the bike trailer will work or not, but i'll get to experiment with it on my road before going to the gas station. my dumpster is 2000' away and if i can just tote my big bags of garbage to it, it will pay for itself. mostly Bob's dog food cans, so kinda heavy.