Learning to ride on a V11

Hellkitten

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

That makes a lot of sense.

I am wondering if there is a large group of riders who are looking for a wheel that is as good or better than a Sherman, at what it does best, and has a decent suspension to boot? 

People are ALWAYS looking for a 'better' wheel. Some of us are pretty much NEVER content. I'd like a wheel similar to the sherm, but 20lbs lighter with a QUALITY suspension. Its gna take a leap in battery tech and a company with a different philosophy than the ones we have to choose from atm. Probably gna take some deep pockets from buyers too.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

@kiitick thanks for the input. Now if I end up with a Sherman, I’ll blame it on you. 

I was checking out the sales section here and I saw you asking after another one. Are you looking for a backup, one for street one for trails? 

yeah, kind of.

I've got a group of friends that have started to ride, as a matter of fact, I sold both my v11 and v12, because they wanted their own wheel instead of having to borrow one. So I figure if I get another one, I can spark some more interest in my area. :)

• Like 2

Passed the 1000 mile mark today!

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

i stared messing around with some of the settings over the past couple of days. For most of my riding I had my wheel on commuter mode and the pedal sensitivity at 0. Yesterday I set the pedals to 50% and commuter mode. Today I tried off road and pedal  sensitivity to 100%. I think I’ll go back to commuter and leave the sensitivity at 100% and see what I like. It’s far more responsive with the higher sensitivity settings. It went from cruiser to sports vehicle, a bit harder on the feet though. 

Edited by Hellkitten
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

Passed the 1000 mile mark today!

:cheers:      Congratulations!  :eff00eab1e: 

How is your tire tread wear? Wheel bearings? Ready for next 1000? ... that will take 1/2 as long since you are laying down mileage wholesale now! :efef3d5527:

• Like 1

Everything seems good for the most part. There’s some cosmetic damage from some minor spills on the shell. Tire looks good, not sure how to check the bearings, but they’re not making any strange noises. Lol. 

Yeah I'm very much looking forward to adding another 1000 miles it, went by much faster then I thought it would. Spring is on its way, can not wait for warmer weather. I’ve only ridden in the late fall and winter. ☀️☀️☀️

• Like 1

@Paul AOh I’m well aware of how to get around bike locks. I’ve been an urban cyclist for decades. The easiest way through a U lock is with a small car jack.......... 

I spend a fair bit of my youth learning to pick locks. I have a number of books on the various techniques and have made my own custom picks.  I follow a few telegram channels on lock picking enthusiasts to see what others are doing. 

I take my wheel right into the shop I work in. I’m an artist/craftsman I don’t have an office gig. It sits about two feet away from me all day. 

The few times I’ve locked my wheel anywhere is for a brief time and where I can still keep a watchful eye on it from inside the stores. I am planing a trip this weekend to a shop that I will be locking up out front. It will be for about 5 minutes and well within eyesight. 👀

• Like 1

Ok HK, was worried that someone could steal your EUC after watching the vid.

Less than thirty seconds, staggering.

Paying a locksmith that just used an angle grinder to cut the shackle and destroy it......and then seeing how easily it could have been opened.

The customer should be receiving a new lock as well as a refund from the locksmith.

@Paul A a number of high end lock companies will give you a new lock if someone gets through their product. I don’t think they will cover the stolen product....🤔

The car jack will get through a U lock in about 30 seconds as well. Plus it’s much quieter and need no power source. I knew a guy that used a blunt ax to knock locks apart too. Brute force is a hell of a things applied in the right place.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Question. I’ve been riding the exact same route to and from work over the past few weeks and i have the mileage  estimator on my app. For ages it’s said I have about 48-50 miles range when charged to 100%. Today it estimated at 34.4miles. Why the drastic drop in range? My average speed has increased slightly, it was windy yesterday and colder. I assume those are part of the reasons but that seems like a bigger difference than those reasons alone. I’ll keep an eye on it and see if it changes, just odd. 

Edit: just checked at work and the app says 52 miles at 75% charge. Is the app that wonky?!

Edited by Hellkitten

Have found that for the KS18XL, using the EUC world app:

The LED light on the charger can still be red, and the voltage reading on the app can be less than the full charge, but the app will state that the batteries have reached 100%.

Need to disregard the 100% reading, and charge until the LED light turns green.

For the 18XL, the voltage is supposed to be 84.2 when fully charged. 

Have found that when the LED light finally turns green, the voltage reading is 84.5.

Might be similar with the V11.

@Paul A it’s the inmotion app. I can’t use euc world unfortunately. Only have an iPhone. I charge till the charger turns green (always) if I have time I leave it an hour or more to balance the cells. I’m guessing it was just an anomaly. I’m still getting the same range more or less in the real world. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Is the app that wonky?!

Yes, it is! Accurately estimating remaining mileage is at best an exercise in frustration, too many variables at play. I think the wheel wanted you to show a little concern for its well being, so in cahoots with the app it did just that.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

@Tawpie mmmmmm well jokes on it then. I just ride the absolute crap outta it......... and I’m going to do it again tomorrow, for good measure. I still owe payback for the shin beatings  I got in the first few days........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Only have an iPhone

100USD got me a brand new Moto G7 Play delivered. I use it without a cell plan, it uploads tours when it gets to wifi. Nice part is my iPhone stays tucked away "just in case", and I don't burn the 'phone' battery. Only bad part is the cheap Androids shoot terrible video and stills so the Apple has those duties. EUCWorld is great fun—some features are gimmicky (AVAS, at least until I can find a sound that works) but the detailed logs provide me with quite a bit of entertainment. Can upload directly to Relive if you do such things. Extra alarms are good too if you push things at all... I mostly appreciate the "safety margin" alarm that rattles my Pebble like a small animal when the batteries are low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldFartRides said:

I’ve been thinking about getting a dedicated device. So far it’s just been charge n ride for me. 

Do it! Go on fleabay and find you a used galaxy s9 or plus or something similar. If you buy one with no sim card and prescratched, you can get it for pretty cheap. Big 'phone' and eucw make a great dashboard for speeds and battery and music and tours. You may find you use the spare 'phone' for other random crap. Gps requires no sim card, and lots of 'apps' don't need cell service. Yup, the $125 I spent on the ONLY 'cell phone' in our home, has proven useful for a few of my hobbies(paramotor, ninebot mini, skydio, euc, and more...). Being NOT overly expensive and it NOT containing payment info or contact, alleviates some worry of losing it. ALL my eucw tours are from my samsung, so it's obvious that it can easily take advantage of my home wifi for uploads. I plug it into my computer to drag/drop music,pics, film and eucw logs/csv too. If i wasnt such a spoiled wanker, I would have gotten one already beat upa  bit and saved more than switching to Geico!

fwiw, if anyone has a galaxy s9+, I'd be happy to print a case for it that is tpu. I have a version that clasps on the sherman bar, and a version that has a simple ring for a caribeener on the bottom. Cases are cheap and plenty tho, but finding one with a simple loop is tough.

Spoiler

DSCN8356.jpg

DSCN8387.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

Maybe buy a new pre-paid phone.

They are usually very cheap.

The phones are network locked, forcing the consumer to purchase expensive pre payments.

Use the phone for everything else except for making calls.

Just rolled the odometer over the 1500mile mark! 🎉🎉🎉🎉 

Currently averaging around 25 miles a day commuting, so that helps. One thing I’ve noticed a few times now is I’ve had tiltback or beeping while accelerating, but before hitting top speed. It kinda wigs me out at the time, I assume it’s the wheel warning me that I’m over leaning. It’s for sure well under the top speed probability somewhere between 15-20 mph. Seems fine otherwise, I’m guessing I’m just being a bit too aggressive on the throttle. 

I’ve had quite a bit of responses from the public lately. Seems a bit like riding some sort of exotic dog. On Friday night I had a group of teens freak out and yell, apparently they approved. Another group of people just saying “hey buddy what is that”?! 

Saturday night I had past another large group of teens and a girl yelled out “have a great ride and a wonderful night”! Lol. 

Anyway for the most part I’ve had very positive interactions with people about it and I’ve seen a few more riders out and about over the past few weeks. Hopefully I’ll be able to find some locals and do some group rides this summer. 🤘🏽🤘🏽

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Saturday night I had past another large group of teens and a girl yelled out “have a great ride and a wonderful night”! Lol. 

That does not sound like normal teenage behavior. You must have impressed. :) 

• Like 1