New Veteran "Abrams" 22-inch Wheel

xiiijojjo

I didn't know in details how it works, but I was aware that fw update should provode "sensorless" function. 

I am sure it would not self ballance because as soon as you get E HALL error after first magnets change the position, it shuts the wheel down. Even if it would selfbalance, I don't know how it would help me to solve the error issue... 

26 minutes ago, Chaky said:

am sure it would not self ballance because as soon as you get E HALL error after first magnets change the position, it shuts the wheel down. Even if it would selfbalance, I don't know how it would help me to solve the error issue...

I see. It only has senseless backup.

The reason I asked was to try to see whether the hall sensors were the only problem. You were thinking about controller replacement. But you don't really know for sure that the controller need replacing. I guess given that there isn't a service manual available, after a certain point, I guess there aren't too many options left, except to throw parts at the problem.

Thanks for the tip... Didn't tried it, but I guess speedometer would'n work at all if it was messed up. 

I will try to check it next time I try to tinker with the motor...I lost the will in last few attempts. 

Hey guys total newb here... I am trying to fill the tire for the first time however it will not fill. I tried directly with my electric pump and nothing and then bought an adapter and still nothing... I know it is not my pump as i pumped my electric scooter and car tires with it today. Could it be the valve on the Abrams tire? it looks fine to me however when I press down on the valve no air escapes at all? Does this mean it is blocked? Does the nut on the valve have anything to do with this issue? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newb93 said:

Could it be the valve on the Abrams tire? it 

There are no known issues, nor oddities with the tire valve on the Abrams. It is just a standard tire valve stem for tubeless applications. 

however when I press down on the valve no air escapes at all? Does this mean it is blocked?

If the tire has air in it, just underinflated, and no air escapes when the valve is pressed, then your suspicion sounds reasonable. 

The Abrams is tubeless, and if the tire bead comes off the rim, then it can become a chore to seat it back without the proper equipment and the knowhow. 

Perhaps it is best to rest the Abrams on it side when releasing air. I just lay it on top of a pizza box.

The next step is probably to slowly and carefully remove the tire valve stem core. Be mindful of the tire sealant/adhesive oozing or spraying out. If there is still no air coming out, then there may be blockage. But you have to investigate.

You need to examine the valve too.

Does the nut on the valve have anything to do with this issue? 

No.

I have taken out the entire valve stem assembly out and back.

Edited by techyiam

Here's an update from my side. 

I flipped over mid senzor for 180deg and the wheel work(ed) for a few seconds. 

I made huge mistake by rushing to assemble with few screws just so I could turn on the wheel and check if it's working. I've held it vertically instead of layed down horizontal.

Motor started jerking and than turning violently. 

Plastics which connects the axle and the housing snapped off, cable got damaged on sharp edge of the axle, probably short circuit the one phase to a motor, and the controler won't turn anymore. 

Pretty much everything is toasted and I feel destroyed... But the sensors are working! 

:') 

• Sad 3

Thanks for the tips brother. Upon further investigation and a free spin test that had this Abrams shaking like a stripper on a saturday night, confirmed my suspicions. There is definitely some hardened slime in there blocking the valve and throwing off the wheel balance. Looks like I am going to just have to change the tire. OH YEAH and EEVEES was such a great help... "sarcasm" wish me luck! 

Edited by Newb93
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Newb93 said:

Thanks for the tips brother. Upon further investigation and a free spin test that had this Abrams shaking like a stripper on a saturday night, confirmed my suspicions. There is definitely some hardened slime in there blocking the valve and throwing off the wheel balance. Looks like I am going to just have to change the tire. OH YEAH and EEVEES was such a great help... "sarcasm" wish me luck! 

I had the same issue, pulled the tire off and it was full of green tire sealant, cleaned all that crap out and installed a tube, done.  Been using tubes since the stone ages, always treated me well, I'll patch/change a tube all day not to have to deal with tire sealant...  The Abrams is an easy wheel to work on so you'll not have a problem whichever direction you go.

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 1