Infinite Tail Light

Wow, love that first video where you truly can see the infinite tunnel. Don't know how the eye can be fooled like that, but love it.

So much work behind that, impressive.

And the PVC PIPE "tunnel" with the LEDs on the inside reminds me A LOT Of the Sherman rim with magnets inside :-)

Ideas:

Having it spin in red only and increase in intensity when braking would make it"Street legal" (i guess it's mostly the blue/white light that confuses of you are showing front or trail of Sherman)

When turning, Using orange on left or right half (the rest blacked out) would simulate legal coloured turn signals :-)

Edited by Boogieman

• 4 months later...

So I currently have 2x100 LEDS strips mounted on the Sherman which are powered by a Powerbank, I've configured the LEDs to draw max 2A (the controller is running WLED so you can limit power draw). The whole setup using a Powerbank is a bit clumsy for various reasons and lately I've been thinking about a more elegant solution to power them from the rear light connector however and been looking around for decent enough 3.5mm splitter cables that can handle 2A+ so I can power the leds and the rear light at the same time, it seems there are no ready made ones with decent thickness, the 3.5mm cable you linked you use those to power your leds? Seems awfully thin. 😮

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

I ended up getting a 20cm 3.5 splitter cable, then I made my own 3.5mm to DC cable and put a on/off switch on it, works brilliantly, I have WLED set to max 1500ma.

• 7 months later...

I'm going to have to print my own "pvc pipe" because i can't find anything in sweden that works, or is available to buy.
Could you tell me the exact sizes you used so it all went together in the v2?
In sweden there also weren't any 3inch mirrors, the closest i could find was 2.95", i hope it works.. otherwise i'll just have to scale down the printed parts i suppose

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/13/2022 at 10:04 PM, Corradon said:

I'm going to have to print my own "pvc pipe" because i can't find anything in sweden that works, or is available to buy.
Could you tell me the exact sizes you used so it all went together in the v2?
In sweden there also weren't any 3inch mirrors, the closest i could find was 2.95", i hope it works.. otherwise i'll just have to scale down the printed parts i suppose

Can you give me some Tips how to build it because im from europe too and have to print my own pipe because lack of 3" pipes here.....i got an 3" tho, but how long do i have to print the "pvc" pipe and also i cant figure out where the clear acrylic Disc and the silver foil comes to?

Guess in front and it works because the silver UV foil is one way and have to put it inside the light??

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2023 at 6:11 PM, onkeldanuel said:

Can you give me some Tips how to build it because im from europe too and have to print my own pipe because lack of 3" pipes here.....i got an 3" tho, but how long do i have to print the "pvc" pipe and also i cant figure out where the clear acrylic Disc and the silver foil comes to?

Guess in front and it works because the silver UV foil is one way and have to put it inside the light??

I'm with you, i wish the OP would deem to answer here or on thingiverse already, waited more than a year for response on a simple "how long is it"..
I'm almost to the point where i just design something on my own and see if it works