EUC World Wear OS can't install

So, I'm a little bit frustrated because I got a brand new smartwatch today mainly for running EUC World while I'm riding, and I can't get EUC World installed.

I bought a Fossil Q Explorist Gen4 HR: https://www.fossil.com/en-au/products/gen-4-smartwatch-explorist-hr-black-silicone/FTW4018.html
since EUC World said on it's Google Play page that it supported Wear OS.

The current software versions on the watch:
 - Wear OS:                       2.25
 - Google Play services:   21.09.15

I have EUC World installed on my phone and it works just fine. However when I try searching for EUC World on the watch in the Play Store, it can't find it. If I visit the Play Store on my PC and click "Install", the watch as an install target is greyed out with the text "This item is not compatible with your device".

I visited the EUC World website and the only requirement I can see is "Wear OS" (No specific versions or watches are mentioned).

Does anyone have any concrete requirements for the app to run? Is there any steps I can do to get EUC World working on my watch?
If not, is my best option to return my current one and buy a new one? Which one should I get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 6:04 AM, Peter Reeves said:

Does anyone have any concrete requirements for the app to run? Is there any steps I can do to get EUC World working on my watch?
If not, is my best option to return my current one and buy a new one? Which one should I get?

Watchapp is not a standalone app, so you have to install it in a different way. I assume that you already have:

1. EUC World installed on your phone
  2. Wear OS app installed on your phone
  3. When you open Wear OS app your watch is visible and connected.

Now open Google Play on your watch and tap on "Apps on your phone". You should see EUC World somewhere on this list. Tap to install.

• Like 1

I manged to get it working!

Yes, I had done all those steps, and EUC World was not listed under "Apps on your phone".

That did make me think though, maybe the order of installation matters? I suspected the list of apps might've been cached or something, so I unpaired the watch and did a factory reset. When I re-paired the watch with my phone it was finally listed as an app on my phone. Just did a quick test and it seems to work beautifully!

Thank you for your help!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 1:33 AM, Peter Reeves said:

I manged to get it working!

Yes, I had done all those steps, and EUC World was not listed under "Apps on your phone".

That did make me think though, maybe the order of installation matters? I suspected the list of apps might've been cached or something, so I unpaired the watch and did a factory reset. When I re-paired the watch with my phone it was finally listed as an app on my phone. Just did a quick test and it seems to work beautifully!

Thank you for your help!

I had the same problem with a new watch - it's for my wife so she didn't have EUC World installed on her phone. Installed Wear OS, then EUC World, and it didn't show up. Reset and re-paired and I was able to find it in "Apps on your phone."

• Like 1

In 2017 Google moved from watch apps being bundled in the phone APK to stand-alone watch apps. As of March 10, 2021 Google no longer supports bundling. Watches need updates so they load apps on their own, or you have to side-load older apps onto the phone that have the watch "mini-app" packed with the phone app (your mileage may vary on this). This change happened because watches when they were introduced were more like external screens for phones rather than smart devices--more like a "remote control" for the phone. Google wanted "smart" watches to actually be "smart" and run independently of phones instead of being an extension to the phone.

There is a way to get the watch updated without a factory reset, though it's a bit technical.

--
APK: Android application package installer file which contains a bundle of files needed to install the app. Not all files may be needed on all installations, but they're provided so the install goes smoothly using just one APK for all devices.

Smartphone-smartwatch pairing data is contained in Google Play Services on the smartwatch and is phone-specific. When pairing a new phone the keys are normally wiped through an Android Wear factory reset. The only way to get around this is to instead wipe the key data which allows you to pair Android Wear with a new device, then request the smartwatch’s Bluetooth to be made discoverable via an intent sent through adb, which creates the prompt you see that needs to be accepted. This means your phone can now find your watch (or in this case a different watch interface) and then create new pairing keys with the device.

• 5 weeks later...

I have installed EUCWorld on my TicWach Pro using adb because wear os does not allow the installation in any other way.
I follow the steps, entering the user and giving the permissions and at the end of the application it closes.
Any idea to install it?
I have tried with wheellog and it works perfectly, but I want to use EUCWorld

@Seba this is the only way I was able to get EUC World on my Oppo Wear OS

https://youtu.be/8HsfWPTFGQI

https://www.xda-developers.com/wear-installer-sideload-wear-os-apps/amp/

Apparently google has removed features. Perhaps you can update EW for wear OS?

Thanks for everything

Stadler

Edited by Stadler

9 hours ago, Wuocs said:

I have installed EUCWorld on my TicWach Pro using adb because wear os does not allow the installation in any other way.
I follow the steps, entering the user and giving the permissions and at the end of the application it closes.
Any idea to install it?
I have tried with wheellog and it works perfectly, but I want to use EUCWorld

Search in PlayStore for "Wear Installer". Download and follow instructions here:

Thanks

Stadler

On 4/2/2021 at 1:47 AM, Seba said:

Watchapp is not a standalone app, so you have to install it in a different way. I assume that you already have:

1. EUC World installed on your phone
  2. Wear OS app installed on your phone
  3. When you open Wear OS app your watch is visible and connected.

Now open Google Play on your watch and tap on "Apps on your phone". You should see EUC World somewhere on this list. Tap to install.

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/22440-euc-world-wear-os-cant-install/?do=findComment&comment=368581

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 5:57 AM, Stadler said:

Search in PlayStore for "Wear Installer". Download and follow instructions here:

Thanks

Stadler

Unfortunately this didn't work for me, but I found a solution
EUCWorld-App version 2.6.2 doesn't contain the wear-os component so I installed version 2.4.2 from  https://dlandroid.com/euc-world-apk/.
Extracted the wear-component with "Wear Installer" (just longpress when selecting the app).
This gave me a file  "EUC World_wear.mpga" wich I renamed to EUCWorld_wear.apk.
And finaly I installed this apk on my watch with adb.
Then I updated the App on the phone to version 2.6.2

I didn't make any testing so far aside of powering the app on and it showed all data on my watch (Ticwatch 3 Pro)
´

Edited by saw

On 5/30/2021 at 12:03 AM, saw said:

I follow this instruction but using apk from other source, hopefully not a malware (i cannot update the app to 2.6.2, i decided uninstalled it and reinstall from playstore after doing the wear install on the oppo watch). It is successful.

Thanks

On 5/13/2021 at 11:40 PM, Stadler said:

@Seba this is the only way I was able to get EUC World on my Oppo Wear OS

https://www.xda-developers.com/wear-installer-sideload-wear-os-apps/amp/

Apparently google has removed features. Perhaps you can update EW for wear OS?

Thanks for everything

Stadler

This didn't work for me.
When choosing EUC world in the list, it tells me there is no wear component found

ADB over wifi turned on, IP adress filled in.

Strange thing is, after resetting to factory I was able to install EUC world via the "Apps on phone" section.
But as soon as it was done installing it disappeared.
Not installed on watch, not visible in "apps on phone", not mentioned in settings on watch.

Wear installer.jpg

Having same type of problem (Sony Smartwatch 3), I note that I no longer have a Play Store app available on the watch.

And may be in relation, I had (until a total factory reset...) many problems too with my Play Store app on my main Android smartphone.

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Just give me few days more. I'm preparing Wear OS app update that will be available via Google Play. All the problems are caused by change made by Google in the way companion apps are distributed.

Great, thank you very much and take your time!
Glad to hear that you know the cause and also the fix.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 11:51 AM, Seba said:

Just give me few days more. I'm preparing Wear OS app update that will be available via Google Play. All the problems are caused by change made by Google in the way companion apps are distributed.

Hi any news on the update? Just purchased a new Android wear watch specifically to use EUC world but can't install it

Edited by NickDubai

24 minutes ago, NickDubai said:

New app still not released...

It's because compliance verification done by Google takes longer than usual. Please be patient.

• Like 1

Ok thanks. Adding to my woes I tried to use EUC World + WheelLog + OS Wear Watch and for some reason EUC World couldn't "see" my wheel let alone connect to it. When I shutdown WheelLog, EUC world worked fine again but I had no stats on my Watch so was riding "blind"

I don't remember this being a problem with EUC World + WheelLog + Pebble or Garmin, this is the first time that I have used my new Wear OS watch (TicWatch Pro3, 4100 processor) so could be that....

Best Regards

Nick

1 hour ago, NickDubai said:

Ok thanks. Adding to my woes I tried to use EUC World + WheelLog + OS Wear Watch and for some reason EUC World couldn't "see" my wheel let alone connect to it. When I shutdown WheelLog, EUC world worked fine again but I had no stats on my Watch so was riding "blind"

I don't remember this being a problem with EUC World + WheelLog + Pebble or Garmin, this is the first time that I have used my new Wear OS watch (TicWatch Pro3, 4100 processor) so could be that....

In most cases you can't have two apps connected with one wheel at the same time. Having WheelLog connected with your wheel will prevent EUC World from connecting and vice versa.

• Like 1

As a last resort, I dug out my old pebble watches, did the pebble / rebble install and they work perfectly 😁 I have 2 pebble steels, 1 pebble time round and 1 pebble time. Should keep me going for a while until this wear os updates comes out... The pebble steels are my favourites, always great screens outdoors in ultra bright light...

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 4:51 AM, Seba said:

Any news :)?